• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it's the other way around and Nachetania was able to here it but didn't want to do anything about it.?

Goldov seems a weird suspect IMO, having Nachetania be the seventh would mean the same, as she's able to control Goldov in a way, Nachetania is also pretty suspiscious in general with her outbursts and the whole "activate the barrier with a sword" thing. For me it's either her or Maura at the moment.

Maybe. We don't know
much about Nachetanya.

Here's my current list of suspects/not-suspects.

Suspects
Maura--------
Nachetanya
Chamot------
Goldov-------
Not Suspects
Adlet----------
Flamie-------
Hans---------

Symphogear GX 7

I wonder how long it is going to take for our heroes to realize
that Carol and her dolls have not been trying to really win any of their fights really since the beginning and that killing them is exactly what they want them to do? I figure they'll realize this once they destroy the rest of the dolls when it is too late and Carol's probable dead man switch activates and she and her dolls come back to life. Least that's what I think will happen.
l

Symphogear GX 7

I wonder how long it is going to take for our heroes to realize
that Carol and her dolls have not been trying to really win any of their fights really since the beginning and that killing them is exactly what they want them to do? I figure they'll realize this once they destroy the rest of the dolls when it is too late and Carol's probable dead man switch activates and she and her dolls come back to life. Least that's what I think will happen.
l

They have already started to contemplate their motives, the thing that
Sword Doll (can't remember her name) stole from the building might clue them into their true motives once we find out exactly what it is that she stole. I noticed that the blue tapestry was filled with some hexagonal code stuff when Galie died. I guess once all of them are dead it will activate and do something.

Quasar

You have a right to say those things, and I have a right to call you an asshole in response.

Certainly that kind of behaviour is a short road to my ignore list.

Its one thing to criticise media you don't like. I feel its quite another to make personal attacks on people who do like said media. I'd much prefer a more civilised discussion than that.

I did, I thought it was decent, time flew by while watching it.

That leader of the fiends guy looked really silly though.

How awesome would it be that after all this it still turns out that Flamie is the 7th, I kinda want her too be it.

Rokka 7

It was... eh. The flashback wasn't that needed and not a lot novel or important happened, it was a transitional episode. I'm noticing that the pace slowed down, at this rhythm definitively the only thing that is going to be resolved in the climax is who is the traitor, the last scene is going be the fog getting lifted and the remaining heroes going on to the setting sun, following their path the land of demons. The End.

Rokka 7

It was... eh. The flashback wasn't that needed and not a lot novel or important happened, it was a transitional episode. I'm noticing that the pace slowed down, at this rhythm definitively the only thing that is going to be resolved in the climax is who is the traitor, the last scene is going be the fog getting lifted and the remaining heroes going on to the setting sun, following their path the land of demons. The End.

Well from what I hear the remaining Vols have mystery in them, however it seems like the anime will only cover Vol 1 so yeah if you want more you have to read the source material.....

Laputa_94

After much procrastination followed by much binge watching I finished Mazinger Z. Now I both love and hate the ending. I like how it did a decent job passing the torch to the next show, but I also dislike how that makes it feel like a promo for Great Mazinger instead of focusing on the original shows characters (episode 91 is a lot better at this). As a whole Mazinger Z was a pretty good show that is bogged down by filler, which is expected for a show of its time. Regardless the show is a classic for a reason, being one of the original super robots it set the mold for the genre and in the end I enjoyed it a lot.
Mazinger_main.jpg

Rokka 7

Well from what I hear the remaining Vols have mystery in them, however it seems like the anime will only cover Vol 1 so yeah if you want more you have to read the source material.....

nobody should be surprised at this point that a LN anime will end with a tease and what is essentially a "go read the books"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
X9G8JCV.png

For those who are unaware, the C88 trailer for RWBY Volume 1 dropped yesterday and it looks amazing. The voices for the girls are ON POINT.

Ruby Rose - Hayami Saori (Aila from Gundam Build Fighters & Ayase from Oreimo)

Weiss Schnee - Hikasa Yoko (Mio from K-ON! & Rias from High School DxD series)

Blake Belladonna - Shimamura Yu (Annie from Attack on Titan & Chiya from Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder)

Yang Xiao Long - Koshimizu Ami (Ryuuko from Kill la Kill and Leonmitchelli from Dog Days)

Super.. SUUUUUUPER pumped with the voice talent they were able to snag for this series, especially Koshimizu as her voices for hotblooded characters are simply outstanding. Honestly, all of their picks are straight up aces. Will buy the fuck out of this when it drops. Which is December 9th of this year. GET HYPE!

wonzo

Banned
Thanks! Wonder why it was an Australian release.
They seem to be the only English speaking company to license artsy stuff like Dennou Coil and Kuchuu Buranko too. It's weird but I guess the R4 region is obscure enough to placate the laughable reverse importation fears of Japanese production companies.

kewlmyc

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 07

Then maybe you should keep your mouth shut and stop sprouting off poorly thought out arguments.

Tsubasa is really annoying the crap out of me, but I think that's supposed to be the point. She's just going along with "I want to be a hero and unite everyone", but not thinking what the negatives of that would be. She's also treating anyone who points out that something is wrong with Gel as being antagonistic. I know this is all for some sort of character development that's going to show up at the end of the season, but it's grating to watch as of now. Also male pregnancy will always be creepy as hell.

World Trigger Episode 42
CMe9q_4WoAEZDRO.png
CMe_BOxW8AAF7VG.png

Although there was action it felt like we could have gone even further. Love the Midorikawa Yuma parts, as well as the Yuma Murakami action. Its going to be good once the next battle starts.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They seem to be the only English speaking company to license artsy stuff like Dennou Coil and Kuchuu Buranko too. It's weird but I guess the R4 region is obscure enough to placate the laughable reverse importation fears of Japanese production companies.

With Harry Buttson and a clam-digger as your standard-bearers in the medium, it's no wonder that the industry doesn't fear you.

javac

Yeah Australia gets some great releases. DVD for most of them, but fuck it when something is that obscure, even a LaserDisc is good enough. Memories came out in Australia on BD too, I'd know because I bought a copy :p Region B represent.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Charlotte Episode 7:

As expected, little sister moeblob has indeed become nothing more then a red smear on the pavement and sudden the show becomes a combination of Welcome to the NHK and Code Geass. This also further confirms my suspicion that Yuu acting as a agent of good was and is fucking boring, the dude is just a natural heel. So what comes out of all of this a return to the fucking status quo? God I hope not, the student council enforcer shigt was so boring and dull that even the writer admitted that the arc was slow. Indeed I once again see Charolette stumble upon a more interesting plot only tyo throw it away because molds got to be filled.

Myriad Colors Phantom World, through the first two shorts in the novel, is definitely something that's meant to appeal to the late night crowd in comparison to Tamako/Euphonium. The setting has a good amount of interesting elements, but the characters themselves are a bit flat in comparison to Takeda's work. That doesn't mean the series composer couldn't work with these elements to make a more interesting story though.

Regardless of what the general thought is, I'm rather enjoying it thus far. It's definitely not the best written work I've read, but it's entertaining seeing it play out visually. The work definitely deserved an "honorable mention" instead of a greater prize. Hatano lacks the ability to effectively tell a story without shoehorning the setting in the short awkwardly. It kinda works in written form, but converting it to a visual format will be tough to work without new content.

I've got a good feeling about it, but I wouldn't say to go in with expectations for something greater than Chuunibyou/Kyoukai levels of production. It's not a deep story and doesn't pretend to be, so thinking it'll be as good as Euphonium will only set you up for missed expectations. It's something to make some money from and possibly give some experience to a young director like Ishidate/Ogawa. Should have some interesting action scenes, especially with Mai's power.

jbug617

Banned
Aniplex is releasing the Garden of sinners on Bluray (import). Going to cost you $319.98 (MSRP is $399.98)
http://aniplexusa.com/thegardenofsinners/
SagWFiR.jpg

Disc Spec:
Spoken Language: Japanese
(Linear PCM 5.1 surround & Linear PCM Stereo)
Subtitles: Japanese & English
Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Episodes: 7 movies & Bonus “Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners”
Number of Disc: 8 BD discs
Total Run Time: Approx. 530 min.
Rating: 16 UP

Bonus Contents
■ “Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners” on Disc 8
■ “Pre-show Reminder” Videos

Bonus Materials and Package
■ Leaflet of key visuals of each movie
■ Rigid Box Illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi
(Original Character Design)

Symphogear GX - 07

The moment I heard 'training' I was expecting Genjuurou to take them out and do some Rocky work. Instead they went to the beach. Not sure if disappointed.
They didn't even use their gears while playing volleyball for maximum crazy, what are you doing symphogear?! I got a loop segment of Chris chillin in swim ring out of it, so I guess it was worth it?

I love how the doll didn't give a single fuck about Maria's berserker mode and just danced around. She even wiped her hand off with a handkerchief, like she just touched filth lmao
The whole part about Maria's weakness felt weird because the overcoming "flashback" happened like 15 minutes before hand. I hope this isn't the time for drama, as it's not something I usually find enjoyable in this show.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 7

So all these monsters that have spawned from Gel are either going to

1- Big brother is watching you esque force you into a "united as one" mentality

2- Be the dark/impulsive side of people

3- Represent what truly happens when everyone is "united as one" where everything falls into chaos due to that concept being truly impossible

Going to be interesting to see what the answer is, another really good episode.

Quasar

Yeah Australia gets some great releases. DVD for most of them, but fuck it when something is that obscure, even a LaserDisc is good enough. Memories came out in Australia on BD too, I'd know because I bought a copy :p Region B represent.

See I'm just unwilling at is point to settle for dvd. Chihayafuru being a perfect example. Theres the choice of a local DVD or just settle for a 'HD' stream thats available for some undetermined period of time. Or I guess a BD based fansub and placate my conscience by buying the local DVD.

Its unfortunate Australia is not a big enough market to support the costs of a BD release of these less mainstream titles.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 7:

Okay, is Tsubasa supposed to be some kind of strawman against the idea of unity or is she just that dumb, you make the call! Anyway, I like the details of the political argument here and this series has nifty moments of subtlety but at the end of the day I find the overall political message to be treated with as much actual nuance and grace as a 1980s Saturday Morning Cartoon.
I refuse to believe that the voices of the minority would be this diminished and this series is completely ignoring the international factor but now that Geldra has a bad spell of indigestion, we will see this message of unity truly move towards its fascist conclusion.

MSMrRound

Symphogear GX - 07

The moment I heard 'training' I was expecting Genjuurou to take them out and do some Rocky work.

I was expecting some Police Story theme song too. Dammit.

Symphogear GX 07

A beach episode in disguise. Overall the episode felt oddly disjointed at times, kind of disappointed after that fabulous episode 6 last week.

and THAT'S how they are going to end the episode? What the heck. When it happened I couldn't stop laughing for a bit.

so for all the thoughts about Hibiki's dad being a scientist involved deeper with the Symphogear/conspiracy stuff, turns out he's just a bum hiding out at a Government island as a 24/7 store employee. Okay writers. Whatever you say.

Weren't some other guys saying something about Mizuki Nana commenting that she had to scream a lot in episode 7 and that the show writers thought they "went too far" with episode 7?

Was expecting something tragic/unexpected to happen...but yea...definitely not a beach episode >.>

jonjonaug

Aniplex is releasing the Garden of sinners on Bluray (import). Going to cost you $319.98 (MSRP is $399.98)

I see Aniplex USA is still pretending 100 yen = 1 dollar. At the current conversion rate for yen to dollars, that's about 90 dollars more from how much you'd pay for it on Amazon Japan including shipping (3 day or so shipping to the US would cost 10 dollars for that item). A few years ago when the yen was stronger it was usually cheaper to buy the Aniplex USA release than importing, but now it actually costs more for their stuff when you buy the "official" release than just importing it yourself. The only real benefit to buying Aniplex USA releases that are just straight imports these days are if you care about the translated booklets that they usually include.

Releases that aren't straight imports at least tend to be priced more fairly against their Japanese releases.

VRMN

I'm pretty sure I paid about that for the LE edition a few years back. Kind of shitty they're charging nearly as much for the standard edition some three years later.

VRMN

Wait didn't Garden of Sinners already come out on bluray?

It was a limited edition boxset, even in Japan. This is the regular edition release. I don't know when it came out in Japan, but for a long time after the LE sold out the only way to buy the series was on DVD.

Jarmel

Banned
It was a limited edition boxset, even in Japan. This is the regular edition release. I don't know when it came out in Japan, but for a long time after the LE sold out the only way to buy the series was on DVD.

Oh good because I was about to say that I remember buying the BDs. I was worried I was gonna have to open my wallet again.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 07

So Gel is going to be the one who starts up the conflict. Not very surprised. Berg-Katze's comment about him running from Gel has me intrigued. Hope the ending scene isn't all that happens, don't really want the Gatchamen to punch these guys and then it's all settled.

Symphogear GX 07

Alright first off what the fuck kind of bikini does Maria even have

I guess since things finally got hype there has to be a cool down beach episode.

Also I bought a Hibiki figma. Shame they didn't have a Chris one ):

HAHAHAHAHAHA NO FUCK ALL THAT, THAT CLIFFHANGER AT THE END IS 100% CERTIFIED BULLSHIT, AMAZING. FUCK YOU WRITERS, YOU GREAT PEOPLE.

---------------------------------------

3JNe1yc.png

jonjonaug

It's the 2013 release, which you can buy here. Keep in mind that the listed price won't be what you pay for an imported item as it includes tax. If you bought it right now you'd end up paying $230.01. Shipments to America from Amazon Japan use DHL and usually take less than a week to arrive.

EDIT: To be a bit clearer here, this is exactly what Aniplex USA seems to be selling. There's already English subs on the discs.

My guess is that sales have slowed to a crawl since the release is two years old, so they're pawning off the rest of the stock to their overseas branch.

Droplet

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 7

And I couldn't see any way that this could go wrong. Yep!

It does make sense that when you give every single policy up to democratic rule you'd end up with a lot of uninterested people, hence the entire reason to have elected figures helping to make those choices. On the other hand, it really seems like there should be a lot more dissenters than there appear to be here. Maybe they're just not being shown right now and they'll show up in the future, or maybe they're just not being shown because they don't exist. Who knows. I'm not sure why this show has decided it wants to be some pseudo-societal commentary, and while it makes it more interesting, it sure does feel...simplified. It's not like that wasn't a flaw of the last season, but at least Hajime and the themes seemed to match up and ultimately ended up being on the more novel side. The only conclusion I'm seeing here is "dictatorships are bad even if they want to be good, mkay?" and I'm getting tired of it.

kewlmyc

Rokka 07

I just can't take the fiends seriously when they appear on screen, the CG is so freaking bad and stiff. Other than that, Adlet and Fremy have your standard revenge backstories, but I don't mind. Bunny has the making of a delusional girlfriend. Goldov continues to be a jealous idiot, and Chamo continues to just be unlikable. Looking forward to next week to see how Adlet talks himself out of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom