• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 29

Lock did good work collecting evil energy in under 10 episodes. Not many are that efficient. So I guess pass spirits felt like giving them a pep talk and hand me downs. So I guess the keys imply the past ones were Cure Sakura, Cure Coral, and Cure Galaxy. The last one has a cool name. Lock continues to not screw around. I suppose this is as good a time as any for him to bite it.

Gbraga

AnimeGAF, nyanpasu!

Let me take a moment of your time to brag that I was able to snag what seemed to be the last pre-order available for the Umarun nendoroid here. So happy :')

Very expensive, but it's my first nendoroid, and since I don't have much space in my room at all, probably my last too. Glad I was able to get this one as my only nendo.

Today is Non Non Biyori day, mondays are fun now TT_TT

But more importantly, Rokka's last episode was really damn good, I was worried the bad cgi demons would ruin what could be an okay show, but it always manages to go way beyond my expectations and be much more interesting than I ever thought it could be. It's more of a mystery show than anything right now, and it's very good.
The whole Hans suspicion plus his confrontation with Adlet played me like a damn fiddle, I was already expecting Nachetanya to come and save the day, with the last episode's ending made in order to justify that. It would be lame, but alright, what can you do, but then BAM, Hans is suddenly best bro.

AND CHAMOT, GIRL, DON'T GO AROUND EATING EVERYTHING YOU SEE. IT'S DANGEROUS.

All caught up on Gate now. It's funny how the one show that I dropped thinking it was going to be trash, turned out to be one of my favourites this season after watching all 8 episodes in 2 days.

One of the best OPs of the season. WOOHOOOOOOAAOAOAOAA

Shimoneta Episode 8

This show continues to amaze me. I'm glad the little girl ended up being devious. The characters are what really makes this show and it would be a shame if we got such a simple cliche without going to the extreme.

I knew I was forgetting to watch something yesterday, haha. Did a new God Eater come out as well?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
See, if you lot listened to wonzo when he spoke of Umaru long before the anime was announced you could have pre-ordered the nendo with ease at a reasonable price.

AnimeGAF, nyanpasu!

Let me take a moment of your time to brag that I was able to snag what seemed to be the last pre-order available for the Umarun nendoroid here. So happy :')

Very expensive, but it's my first nendoroid, and since I don't have much space in my room at all, probably my last too. Glad I was able to get this one as my only nendo.

Today is Non Non Biyori day, mondays are fun now TT_TT

Buy this!

http://i.imgur.com/GevFpC7l.jpg

-

-Minsc-

I normally wouldn't post cosplay (GinTama or otherwise), but...

a2b255f1jw1e2cfl0uuufg.gif

Yes.

Cornbread78

But more importantly, Rokka's last episode was really damn good, I was worried the bad cgi demons would ruin what could be an okay show, but it always manages to go way beyond my expectations and be much more interesting than I ever thought it could be. It's more of a mystery show than anything right now, and it's very good.
The whole Hans suspicion plus his confrontation with Adlet played me like a damn fiddle, I was already expecting Nachetanya to come and save the day, with the last episode's ending made in order to justify that. It would be lame, but alright, what can you do, but then BAM, Hans is suddenly best bro.

AND CHAMOT, GIRL, DON'T GO AROUND EATING EVERYTHING YOU SEE. IT'S DANGEROUS.

One of the best OPs of the season. WOOHOOOOOOAAOAOAOAA

I knew I was forgetting to watch something yesterday, haha. Did a new God Eater come out as well?

Rokka:
I was thinking the same think about Bunny princess, I can't wait to find out her or that loser sidekick of hers is dubbed the fake..

Gate:
I actually Love the GATE OP, it's really well done. Not to SAO/Angel Beats/Clannad level, but very good.

God Eater:
God Eater took another week off from what has been said...

Gbraga

Rokka:
I was thinking the same think about Bunny princess, I can't wait to find out her or that loser sidekick of hers is dubbed the fake..

Gate:
I actually Love the GATE OP, it's really well done. Not to SAO/Angel Beats/Clannad level, but very good.

God Eater:
God Eater took another week off from what has been said...

I have my money on Nachetanya as well.

Squalor

Fucking hell, no God Eater this week.

Japan, what are you doing to me?

Somehow I missed Rokka no Yuusha. The sub must have come out late. I thought they skipped this week.

Ushio to Tora was pretty much filler, but it was entertaining. Gangsta. was a set-up episode, but it did some good world building.

Gbraga

Fucking hell, no God Eater this week.

Japan, what are you doing to me?

Somehow I missed Rokka no Yuusha. The sub must have come out late. I thought they skipped this week.

Ushio to Tora was pretty much filler, but it was entertaining. Gangsta. was a set-up episode, but it did some good world building.

Ushio to Tora was kinda disappointing to me, I was expecting so much more of that fight because of the OP, but still, good episode.

Squalor

Ushio to Tora was kinda disappointing to me, I was expecting so much more of that fight because of the OP, but still, good episode.
I get that, but I was also happy the show didn't have some big, flashy battle of Ushio running around on top of the plane and jumping as if the plane, as already specified, weren't traveling at the speed of a flying plane.

The physics in this world aren't God Eater, haha.
At this point I expect 2 episodes with a one week break in between until the season ends. No idea what they are gonna do after that /: still one of my favourite shows this season.
I haven't played the game, so I don't know the story, and I'm under no misapprehension that our main character is dead. I know he and Alisa are going to survive, but goddamn was that cliffhanger intense. I need that conclusion.

Gvitor

So many people saying good things about GATE... I watched the first episode a while back and didn't really like it. Maybe it's time to go back and see if it gets better.

Anyway...

Angel Beats 01-02

Really liked the opening, as I have a soft spot for pianos. They managed to fool me with the band thing near the end, I thought it was going to be the ending song, but nope, just an extra. The actual ending song is more fitting with this anime, I think, but I liked them both.

As for the anime... I'm not really hooked, but I liked what I saw. I still have no idea what's the point of it all since none of them can really die (or if they'll bother explaining the whole "obliterating" thing).

In the first episode, I was wondering if they would explain why there were no adults there... then this guy appears in the second episode:

Now I'm thinking this is some highschool accident (fire? school trip accident?) that got everyone in a single class killed. Maybe the guy was a teacher or the driver, I dunno. Though they didn't tell if they knew each other before dying or if they have all their memories, and the MC didn't show up until later, so there's that.

And there's no way this many characters will get proper development in a 13-episode series. But we'll see.

Squalor

So many people saying good things about GATE... I watched the first episode a while back and didn't really like it. Maybe it's time to go back and see if it gets better.
I almost dropped it after the first episode. Then I dropped it after the second episode.

This weekend, I picked up from the third and caught up, and goddamn if it isn't actually funny, fairly smart, and interesting.

Gbraga

Gate is really good, not quite top tier in the season, but right after that, same level as Rokka, I guess.

I get that, but I was also happy the show didn't have some big, flashy battle of Ushio running around on top of the plane and jumping as if the plane, as already specified, weren't traveling at the speed of a flying plane.

The physics in this world aren't God Eater, haha.

You do have a point, but for some reason I never got the impression they were moving in the OP. Or perhaps they weren't and it's just not connected to the actual fight at all.

Ushio and tora might not have the flashy fights as God eater, but lord knows it's a better show.

Oh, definitely.

duckroll

This week's Animator Expo will be Bureau of Proto Society written and directed by Yasuhiro Yoshiura, with Atsushi Ikariya as the character designer and animation director. Like the previous Yoshiura Animator Expo short, it is produced by Studio Rikka and Trigger. :)

Squalor

Rory killed it at that diet. Died laughing at her response to that woman.

Also, holy fuck at her age.
You do have a point, but for some reason I never got the impression they were moving in the OP. Or perhaps they weren't and it's just not connected to the actual fight at all.
In the opening, there is definitely no plane in sight. Ushio and Tora are just fighting on top of its body. The angles also never truly inform whether they're in midair. It's a big yokai, after all.

So I guess Cajun has been dethroned as the top poster on this thread. RIP friend.

End of an era. He only lost the top spot like one other time during one of those "pre-season" threads that get closed pretty quickly.

Dude was pretty much the face of AnimeGAF when I became a regular two years ago. Oh how times have changed. :(

End of an era. He only lost the top spot like one other time during one of those "pre-season" threads that get closed pretty quickly.

Dude was pretty much the face of AnimeGAF when I became a regular two years ago. Oh how times have changed. :(

He was on top every thread since early 2012 (I think) when he toppled Jexhius. Now Cornbread is the new king, haha.

Truly a big loss. The guy had such a great positive energy, he carried this thread alone at times giving people like me when I first showed up some more attention, easing the integration into the community. Cajun, if you are reading this, you get an 11/10 on my list of GAF members. Wherever you go keep up that attitude, wish more communities had people like you.

Also yes, all hail the new King Cornbread. You have big shoes to fill aha.

Squalor

Did Cajun leave NeoGAF?

Don't even know Japanese, and that Charlotte-episode-nine preview reaffirmed that dropping after two was a fantastic idea.

javac

Well, how many people here get to watch films in the cinema in Japan? Not like there's a ton of chatter regarding Hosoda's new movie either!

True, I haven't seen any of Hosoda's films if I'm honest, but I'm interested in seeing another film that came out in Japan not too long ago, that Miss Hokusai film but I haven't heard much about it.

Gbraga

Rory killed it at that diet. Died laughing at her response to that woman.

Also, holy fuck at her age.

In the opening, there is definitely no plane in sight. Ushio and Tora are just fighting on top of its body. The angles also never truly inform whether they're in midair. It's a big yokai, after all.

Rory and Lelei continue to amaze me with just how fun and interesting they are, I was expecting the three of the main "magical girls" to be bland fanservice, so Chuka/Tuka/whatever they decide to write it as next was my favorite from the go just based on design alone, since I never thought any of them would be interesting as characters, but not only the three of them are, but Rory and Lelei are the most interesting ones. We'll see how they explore Tuka's trauma later on to further develop her. It's also nice that she's the one who always dresses the closest to our world, I wish it would be true for everyone else. Not as casual clothes, they can keep their casual clothes, but it would be nice to see them using formal clothing for that conference. Rory does have a good reason not to, I guess, but Lelei really didn't.

And Itami is just a really nice person, which for some reason seems to be rare as far as protagonists go. He's not an edgy badass asshole, and not an idiot who can't do shit on his own (except when for some reason he gets a random power up), he's just a laid back dude who care about the people around him, but is also realiable in combat when needed, when he killed that dude without any bitching in the first episode, I knew he would be interesting, despite my worries at the time for his hobby.

Even his hobby I feel like is being handled quite well. Yes, he's an otaku, but not an useless idiot, he can still be a normal person, despite liking the crap he does. That's refreshing.

He got permed.

Really? What happened?

Gbraga

Japanese Media Watchdog Gets Complaints for Ultra-Lewd Anime, Shimoneta

I wonder if the irony of the situation was lost on the people who sent in complaints.

lmao, ok, that was the first thing involving Shimoneta that actually made me laugh. I guess only now I realize what's funny about it.

Things that have been endlessly discussed already. Search for it if you really want to know :p

Ok, I will, didn't want to start any discussion on the matter, just curious :p

Are there any translated reviews of Bakemono no Ko?

Also, I really need Makoto Shinkai to release a new movie.

Goddamn, ouch.

Yes, please. Kotonoha no Niwa was my favorite from him, can't wait to see what's next.

Cornbread78

Anyway...

Angel Beats 01-02

Really liked the opening, as I have a soft spot for pianos. They managed to fool me with the band thing near the end, I thought it was going to be the ending song, but nope, just an extra. The actual ending song is more fitting with this anime, I think, but I liked them both.

As for the anime... I'm not really hooked, but I liked what I saw. I still have no idea what's the point of it all since none of them can really die (or if they'll bother explaining the whole "obliterating" thing).

In the first episode, I was wondering if they would explain why there were no adults there... then this guy appears in the second episode:

Now I'm thinking this is some highschool accident (fire? school trip accident?) that got everyone in a single class killed. Maybe the guy was a teacher or the driver, I dunno. Though they didn't tell if they knew each other before dying or if they have all their memories, and the MC didn't show up until later, so there's that.

And there's no way this many characters will get proper development in a 13-episode series. But we'll see.

Everything is explained throughout the series, but I won't say much to avoid spooilers. Just know, you will find out just what is going on, just like Otonashi does. The music is great through the series thoughout the series (band is great), and the OP is one of my favs of all time:
https://youtu.be/kDSzGD8SBAk It's just good...

Also, the bolded part is the biggest complaint of the series, it's not as bad as some people say, but the director/author waited too late for some things that could have solved this issue. Don't worry too much about it, you will still learn plenty about the main characters throughout the story.

We can discuss the complaints once your done, but it is definately worth the watch since it is a short series.

Damn, I'm listening to the Little Busters OST while working, the music is just so damn good for this anime.

Squalor

Rory and Lelei continue to amaze me with just how fun and interesting they are, I was expecting the three of the main "magical girls" to be bland fanservice, so Chuka/Tuka/whatever they decide to write it as next was my favorite from the go just based on design alone, since I never thought any of them would be interesting as characters, but not only the three of them are, but Rory and Lelei are the most interesting ones. We'll see how they explore Tuka's trauma later on to further develop her. It's also nice that she's the one who always dresses the closest to our world, I wish it would be true for everyone else. Not as casual clothes, they can keep their casual clothes, but it would be nice to see them using formal clothing for that conference. Rory does have a good reason not to, I guess, but Lelei really didn't.

And Itami is just a really nice person, which for some reason seems to be rare as far as protagonists go. He's not an edgy badass asshole, and not an idiot who can't do shit on his own (except when for some reason he gets a random power up), he's just a laid back dude who care about the people around him, but is also realiable in combat when needed, when he killed that dude without any bitching in the first episode, I knew he would be interesting, despite my worries at the time for his hobby.

Even his hobby I feel like is being handled quite well. Yes, he's an otaku, but not an useless idiot, he can still be a normal person, despite liking the crap he does. That's refreshing.
Regarding Lelei, I think it's just that she's such a practical person that she doesn't feel it's necessary to change her clothes, yet at least. She's comfortable, and her clothes aren't a distraction, so she stays as is.

I wish the show would do more to distinguish the other JSDF soldiers. There's other otaku guy, the big guy, the brown-haired girl who can't believe Itami is a Ranger and now also an S (which has been funny every time), and the black-haired girl.

Can't for the life of me remember their names, and the show hasn't given me much of a reason to care.
The issue everyone can learn from that whole clusterfuck is learning to pick your battles. Rip Cajun. I'll continue to make bad puns in your honor.
Don't tell me what to do! I'll fight all the battles I want! So there. Boom.

Cornbread78

Charlotte episode 09 preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btlDGQv-pEQ
Is...is it finally happening?

I reposted this in the Charlote OT as well, Thank you!

So I guess Cajun has been dethroned as the top poster on this thread. RIP friend.

He was on top every thread since early 2012 (I think) when he toppled Jexhius. Now Cornbread is the new king, haha.

Uggh, I gues it's time to stop posting so much in here... Wait, how do you already know I'm at #1?

I miss my boy... Dammit, I'm getting angry again.

Lelei is my favourite in the show. Her curiosity and the remarkable pace at which she picks things up is great. The colours the creators used on her design are very vibrant, yet for some reason they are very pleasing to the eye. She's great. Itami of course is great too, he looks like a generic adult, he has a very laid back personality but is actually an elite soldier. The Oracle, (Ruri?) Is a great character, although she is a bit crazy in the head, she is smart and balsy. The last episode in which she made a great rebuttal towards that lady at the congress was great. The elf girl (forgot her name) doesn't have much going on for herself in my opinion yet, but we are only 1/3 into the show. The supporting cast is great also, and everyone has a role in the show.

Uggh, I gues it's time to stop posting so much in here... Wait, how do you already know I'm at #1?
I count every member's posts
go to the bottom of the mobile page, in tools and check there :p

javac

I don't know why, but the realization that I'm basically at the end of Space Cobra dawned on me last night and I can't wait to finish it, but I'm also kind of sad, I wish that it could last forever T_T

Gbraga

Regarding Lelei, I think it's just that she's such a practical person that she doesn't feel it's necessary to change her clothes, yet at least. She's comfortable, and her clothes aren't a distraction, so she stays as is.

I wish the show would do more to distinguish the other JSDF soldiers. There's other otaku guy, the big guy, the brown-haired girl who can't believe Itami is a Ranger and now also an S (which has been funny every time), and the black-haired girl.

Can't for the life of me remember their names, and the show hasn't given me much of a reason to care.

You know what? I have no idea of their names either, now that you mention it.

Actually, where the fuck are they now? Especially black/blue-haired girl, haven't seen her in a while.

Charlotte episode 09 preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btlDGQv-pEQ
Is...is it finally happening?

They were warned!!! Now it gets super real! Last few episodes were great but i knew Yuu's actions would backfire on him. Now to see how it all goes down!

Everything is explained throughout the series, but I won't say much to avoid spooilers. Just know, you will find out just what is going on, just like Otonashi does. The music is great through the series thoughout the series (band is great), and the OP is one of my favs of all time:
https://youtu.be/kDSzGD8SBAk It's just good...

Also, the bolded part is the biggest complaint of the series, it's not as bad as some people say, but the director/author waited too late for some things that could have solved this issue. Don't worry too much about it, you will still learn plenty about the main characters throughout the story.

We can discuss the complaints once your done, but it is definately worth the watch since it is a short series.

Damn, I'm listening to the Little Busters OST while working, the music is just so damn good for this anime.

Angel Beats is pretty dang great. One of my personal favorites. I don't voice it very often because of ridicule but it really resonated with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom