• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace of the Diamond Second Season Episode 21

At least Ochiai stopped spewing poison for a few moments, but this close to the new game. I hope Miyuki wont try to use this in the game.

Oh well, team Kawakami better getting warmed up.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I don't know why, but the realization that I'm basically at the end of Space Cobra dawned on me last night and I can't wait to finish it, but I'm also kind of sad, I wish that it could last forever T_T
are you going to watch the movie too?

javac

are you going to watch the movie too?

Yeah, that came out before the TV series and covers the first arc, right? I decided to go with the TV series first and then I'll go back and watch the film, that usually how I do it in these circumstances. There was a four episode OVA in 2008 too, right? No idea if it's any good, but hell more Cobra has to be a good thing!

When there's a property that I like, I generally jump into the whole catalog. Well, outside of GITS...never cared to watch SAC.

Cornbread78

tumblr_inline_ntlapm1EAD1sdqvzx_540.png

The little sister? What the hell? I'm going to assume most of this is flash back, maybe. Probably not.

While I doubted myself after episode 7, I was never fully convinced that Ayumi was dead. Then again I do that for every show and every twist. I doubt and question everything. But in the sisters case there were too many cues that she was kidnapped rather than killed (the new characters, no shots of the body, the way the shots were). It was well executed and convinced many others she was gone and it made for a lot of character progression in Yuu's case, but we will see what situation Yuu is in, in the next episode.

Cornbread78

Lelei is my favourite in the show. Her curiosity and the remarkable pace at which she picks things up is great. The colours the creators used on her design are very vibrant, yet for some reason they are very pleasing to the eye. She's great. Itami of course is great too, he looks like a generic adult, he has a very laid back personality but is actually an elite soldier. The Oracle, (Ruri?) Is a great character, although she is a bit crazy in the head, she is smart and balsy. The last episode in which she made a great rebuttal towards that lady at the congress was great. The elf girl (forgot her name) doesn't have much going on for herself in my opinion yet, but we are only 1/3 into the show. The supporting cast is great also, and everyone has a role in the show.

I count every member's posts
go to the bottom of the mobile page, in tools and check there :p

Click on the number of replies when looking at the community section if you're on desktop.

Found it, TY, uuggh. I'm done posting siyonara!

Narag

Yeah, that came out before the TV series and covers the first arc, right? I decided to go with the TV series first and then I'll go back and watch the film, that usually how I do it in these circumstances. There was a four episode OVA in 2008 too, right? No idea if it's any good, but hell more Cobra has to be a good thing!

When there's a property that I like, I generally jump into the whole catalog. Well, outside of GITS...never cared to watch SAC.

It covers it suoer loosely, far more surreal in presentation than the more grounded tv version

Cornbread78

While I doubted myself after episode 7, I was never fully convinced that Ayumi was dead. Then again I do that for every show and every twist. I doubt and question everything. But in the sisters case there were too many cues that she was kidnapped rather than killed (the new characters, no shots of the body, the way the shots were). It was well executed and convinced many others she was gone and it made for a lot of character progression in Yuu's case, but we will see what situation Yuu is in, in the next episode.

Damn, all the rumors were true then.
The other group of kids working with the scientists found her and she has been captive and has been a test subject, which is worse than being dead... IMOUTO!!!!!!!

Kenstar

Things that have been endlessly discussed already. Search for it if you really want to know :p

It's kind of hard to know exactly what happened though since some huge twitter callout post or whatever was deleted, so unless you were there you don't really know what just happened and everyone's going 'Woah what's going on', 'take it easy' to some invisible allegedly hostile post?

Cornbread78

It's kind of hard to know exactly what happened though since some huge twitter callout post or whatever was deleted, so unless you were there you don't really know what just happened and everyone's going 'Woah what's going on', 'take it easy' to some invisible allegedly hostile post?

I'll send you a PM shortly with generalizations. Everyone here is just trying to move past it at this point.

Good to see Charlotte remain so high! This next week should be able to push it up a bit more. ;) P

The surprising part is that Charlotte dropped from #1 after ep.6! That Shirayuki episode was pretty good, but nothing like what happened in the Charlotte episode. Same thing for the School Live...

Dammit, I said I was done posting.

Gbraga

School Live was pretty good this week, indeed. Not top 1 worthy, but I was starting to think I should drop it, and this episode hooked me again.

Yuki is a pain in the ass.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
There's no prison school in that chart...

Ore monogatari 20

Takeo been receiving love chocolate from Sunakawa sister, but he never knew about it (lol)
I wonder if Suna going to fall in love with someone... Please let it happen.

Shimoneta 8

At this point, i think Anna need to wear a diaper. Seriously... all that love nectar...
Dickhead girl is a dickhead. No surprise here

duckroll

Sölf;176382297 said:
Why is Akagami so high? It's an okay show, but somehow nothing happens in it. It's one of those watch and forget shows so far.

I don't know, but Ando rocks and ALL HAIL BONES! Yeah.

I have finally caught up with the thread....was an interesting read. I get the feeling Non non biyori is not living up to the hype :/

I understand this is anime, and they're ninjas, and they have chakra, but the way eye taking and implanting works in Naruto is fucking retarded.

tumblr_nt1x3q4qW71qj5jqso1_250.gif

I was rolling on the floor with laughter when I saw it

its okay....everything is going to be okay, we have based Yamashita + Norio.

Sölf;176382297 said:
Why is Akagami so high? It's an okay show, but somehow nothing happens in it. It's one of those watch and forget shows so far.

To be honest, I don't think any of the shows up there are more than just "watch and forget".

Gbraga

Ore monogatari 20

Takeo been receiving love chocolate from Sunakawa sister, but he never knew about it (lol)
I wonder if Suna going to fall in love with someone... Please let it happen.

Hopefully Yamato will die so one of the better girls can win.

I have finally caught up with the thread....was an interesting read. I get the feeling Non non biyori is not living up to the hype :/

Really? Even the Teru Teru Bozu episode? It might not be as good as season 1 overall, but some of the best episodes in the anime are part of Repeat, so I think it's living up to the hype.

The soundtrack is top notch once again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sölf;176382297 said:
Many things happen. This is my least favorite anime meme.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gangsta only gets so mentions because my twitter account is non stop tweeting about how gangsta I am e.g. "Just ate a Bourbon biscuit. Gangsta.". I haven't even watched that show.

Cornbread78

so, this may or may not be the last "Let's Watch" I put together next week. It seems too many people have already seen The Eccentric Family, this time around, but it participation is the same next time...

Either way, Anyone want to throw in ideas for next week?

- Any genre (looking for action/adventure/mindfu(k this time around
- Lesser known titles (Not SAO, One Piece, Gintama, etc)
- Under 14 episodes total
- Not already aired on Toonami/Adult Swim
- Must be readily streamable world-wide
- The shows should try to avoid outrageous and/or sexually offensive themes
- Shows can be underrated and good, or could be trash; let's find out together

I think we tables Another as an idea because I guess it would be a little TOO much for some of the casuals, lol.

Ideas?

phaze

Mononoke
Kyousougiga

+House of Five Leaves but it's a fairly slow, subdued show and probably wouldn't be received very well.

All on Crunchyroll.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
so, this may or may not be the last "Let's Watch" I put together next week. It seems too many people have already seen The Eccentric Family, this time around, but it participation is the same next time...

Either way, Anyone want to throw in ideas for next week?

- Any genre (looking for action/adventure/mindfu(k this time around
- Lesser known titles (Not SAO, One Piece, Gintama, etc)
- Under 14 episodes total
- Not already aired on Toonami/Adult Swim
- Must be readily streamable world-wide
- The shows should try to avoid outrageous and/or sexually offensive themes
- Shows can be underrated and good, or could be trash; let's find out together

I think we tables Another as an idea because I guess it would be a little TOO much for some of the casuals, lol.

Ideas?
As I said before, we should watch Sunday without God. Its 12 episodes and on CR and it's really good.

Cornbread78

Mononoke
Kyousougiga

+House of Five Leaves but it's a fairly slow, subdued show and probably wouldn't be received very well.

All on Crunchyroll.

Monooke isn't available anywhere in EU unfortunately, which is why we had to drop it last time.... I know, I know....

Kyousougiga might work. What about 11-Eyes?

As I said before, we should watch Sunday without God. Its 12 episodes and on CR and it's really good.

Crap, I keep forgetting that was one of the finalists...

phaze

Monooke isn't available anywhere in EU unfortunately, which is why we had to drop it last time.... I know, I know....

Kyousougiga might work. What about 11-Eyes?

Have not seen it and thus, in my infinite wisdom, I will not judge it by its cover.

But it looks like
an anime that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom