• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

SXYPZUBl.jpg
pfv4fABl.jpg

7xva1RRl.jpg
4WoHCO2l.jpg

Aight bluray for this seems good. Will write about the content later Caveats with this release are the lack of a JP track which I see as whatever since English was the original language for it. Also it seems the blu was mastered off a film print? There's some dust/scratches here and there, hardly noticeable except for:

Here's this too barring I didn't botch it too much. It's a brief comparison of the old Urban Vision dvd release vs the Discotek bluray if anyone wanted to see the level of quality compared to the old release. http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/139865/picture:1

kewlmyc

I'm trying to think of shows that actually had characters fuck in recent animes, and I can think of two.

Garo and Future Diary.

And let's be honest, that second one doesn't count, I mean, it's Yuki.

That's sad.

We have one this season with Gangsta. Of the 3 leads, ones a gigolo and another a former prostitute.

javac

I just finished Space Cobra, I'm fucking crying holy shit that ending...fucking hell I can't stop laughing....haha yes! YES! I can't believe something like that wasn't spoiled, holy shit, that was fucking GOLD! Holy crap that was amazing, fuck! After watching the previous episodes I'd usually do a little write up complete with screenshots, but I don't want to be an ass and spoil anything so just do me the honors and fucking watch this show you bozos, Admiral Woofington's got the right idea. That ending, woooow. Tears, fucking tears. Thank you.

Please look forward to my review in the next few days for something more, succinct and elegant *ahem*. Man oh man, I still can't get over that. Masterpiece.

Bucket List:
Have Sex
Space Cobra

javac

I wonder what I'll tackle next. Man Cobra was fantastic, these types of show are just made for me, pure fun. I guess I'll stick to the 70's/80's as usual. I could watch Votoms, but that seems more on the serious side, I might leave that for the time being. I could...watch...City Hunter 2...just thinking about that is making me excited beyond belief , but could I handle that much manliness and hot babes so soon after Cobra? Well it's either that or Giant Gorg for some 'Believe in me, Believe in you' antics or Ashita no joe if I don't mind the long ride, float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

I'm tired.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, technically, it's fanfic.

But it's fanfic written by Reki Kawahara himself for SAO after the first arc.

So, it's kind of a grey area with regards to canonicity.

Cornbread78

Well, technically, it's fanfic.

But it's fanfic written by Reki Kawahara himself for SAO after the first arc.

So, it's kind of a grey area with regards to canonicity.

Damn, I'm a grown man and that was a bit much, lol. They were probably better off leaving that scene as such then. That guy just wanted to write some hentai shit.

By the way Mike, I hope your happy...

Shuffle! ep.16-18
Why is everyone in this anime so fucking miserable? I take a couple months away from it and now we are back to the same shit. The angel and the devil chick are both sad because the MC doesn't want them, Kaede is sad because she is getting shit on (welcome to being a childhood friend in an anime...) Asa got the date she wanted, but it was all orchastrated by everyone, so she is all pissed off about it. Seriously, if someone said this anime ended with a mass suicide scene like NHK, I would believe them... Only a few episodes left so I can finally clear this one off my list as well. It's good to finally clear out some of this shit so I can have new experiences.

It must take a lot of self control write something like SAO then take part of it out because it sucks

Ok, that was a good one and Ya'll know that I really like SAO, but that one made me chuckle, lol.

kewlmyc

I'm pretty sure that's bullshit. Kawahara was born in 1974 and SAO was published in 2002.

Although him writing it in 89 would explain why the MMO mechanics are so nonexistant and dumb

Wasn't 16.5 from when SAO was only a web novel? Not sure when he originally created the web novel. I also didn't know he was that old. If he wrote this in his 20s then dear god...

EDIT: He first released the web novel in 2001. SAO was published in 2009.

Samurai Flamenco 01-05

This is getting kinda slow. I've heard really good things about this one but it just seems a little on the boring side for me, personally.

Samurai Flamenco 01-05

This is getting kinda slow. I've heard really good things about this one but it just seems a little on the boring side for me, personally.

Keep watching. If you don't like the first few episodes you will probably like the rest a lot more.

You may just not appreciate how next level it is all though.

In fact calling it next level is an insult, it's a level beyond

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Chihayafuru Season 1 to 2

Oh damn I didn't thought I would marathon through this. I am always impress with show that take a super nich card game, and making it more exciting than a real sport game just by using emotion and atmosphere.

This show highly similar to hikaru no go. If you need a show to inspire you to work harder, this is a great choice.

Quasar

Shuffle! ep.16-18
Why is everyone in this anime so fucking miserable? I take a couple months away from it and now we are back to the same shit. The angel and the devil chick are both sad because the MC doesn't want them, Kaede is sad because she is getting shit on (welcome to being a childhood friend in an anime...) Asa got the date she wanted, but it was all orchastrated by everyone, so she is all pissed off about it. Seriously, if someone said this anime ended with a mass suicide scene like NHK, I would believe them... Only a few episodes left so I can finally clear this one off my list as well. It's good to finally clear out some of this shit so I can have new experiences.

I liked this, as one of the few 'best girl wins' anime. Of course it was also my very first harem so I have a bit of a soft spot for it.

They will and they'll be from Funi and have botched encodes. Please be excited.

Also it'll be three years from now.

But I need the clarity of Shinji's tears!

Also, Anno strikes me as the kind of person, who if you asked to do something incredibly simple that wouldn't inconvenience him at all, he would look at you and just say no.

The tasks asked of him need to be more difficult.

javac

It'll come out eventually. Lagann did, as did Bebop and Nadia. The Nadia Blu-ray retailed for around $500 when it came out in japan, Bebop around $200+ and Lagann around $600. Shit takes time.

Nobody has the license for the Eva outside of Japan in case you're wondering so anybody could potentially bid but bids won't open until after 3.33 is out here. Sentai could be a contender in the US and Anime Limited in the UK (they released both Bebop and Lagann on BD in the UK and are the only ones doing more 'premium' sets here). Anime Limited are in Aniplex and Sunrise's good books so they must be pleasing the people back in Japan. FUNi fucking up with 3.33 but as I take it, both FUNi and Manga might get first dibs since they have experience with the series in some capacity.

*imagines if Sentai got the blu-rays*

"Let's redub it!....With Greg Ayres as Shinji!"

"Let's make all the font bright piss yellow!"

"Let's forget to put the final episode in, and then never fix our mistake!"

giphy.gif

Not saying there's anything wrong with Greg Ayres. He is hilarious in the right dub.

It'll come out eventually. Lagann did, as did Bebop and Nadia. The Nadia Blu-ray retailed for around $500 when it came out in japan, Bebop around $200+ and Lagann around $600. Shit takes time.

Nobody has the license for the Eva outside of Japan in case you're wondering so anybody could potentially bid but bids won't open until after 3.33 is out here. Sentai could be a contender in the US and Anime Limited in the UK (they released both Bebop and Lagann on BD in the UK and are the only ones doing more 'premium' sets here). Anime Limited are in Aniplex and Sunrise's good books so they must be pleasing the people back in Japan. FUNi fucking up with 3.33 but as I take it, both FUNi and Manga might get first dibs since they have experience with the series in some capacity.
Isn't ADV Films possibly rising from the grave? That would be interesting.

javac

Never had an issue with yellow subs but I'm not from the US so no idea on the specifics of Sentai. No comment.
Isn't ADV Films possibly rising from the grave? That would be interesting.

I think I saw a tumbleweed blow past as I visited their website when it last...did something but nothing since. You can however give them your email to hear more from them, possibly a bit of white noise as well as your Birthday so they can bake you a cake with the correct number of candles. advfilms.com

Kara no Kyoukai - Fukan Fuukai (Overlooking View)

So wanted to watch something ufotable that wasn't F/SN so decided to watch one of their earlier works which turned out to be the the first movie in the film series Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners).

Soundtrack excellent, animation is decent (though I suppose back when it was released in 2007 it woul've been AMAZING).

However, some exposition would've been fucking nice. After having finished story arc/mini-plot/whatever in this first film I had no idea who the characters are (aside from a name basis), what their motivations are, and why I should care for any of them. But due to prior research I hear the films are thrown/ordered in such a way meant to cause confusion/mystery/etc. I might watch the second film, hopefully it will shed some light on who these characters are and why I should particularly care for them.

On a side-note, I can definitely see ufotable's character designs already established before they tackled Fate/Zero.

Moaradin

*imagines if Sentai got the blu-rays*

"Let's redub it!....With Greg Ayres as Shinji!"

"Let's make all the font bright piss yellow!"

"Let's forget to put the final episode in, and then never fix our mistake!"

giphy.gif

Not saying there's anything wrong with Greg Ayres. He is hilarious in the right dub.

But Funimation does everything Evangelion related these days. Their dubs for the rebuild movies were good. They kept all the original actors that mattered anyways. I wouldn't mind them doing a redub of the series with the rebuild cast and directing.

sonicmj1

Kara no Kyoukai - Fukan Fuukai (Overlooking View)

After having finished story arc/mini-plot/whatever in this first film I had no idea who the characters are (aside from a name basis), what their motivations are, and why I should care for any of them. But due to prior research I hear the films are thrown/ordered in such a way meant to cause confusion/mystery/etc. I might watch the second film, hopefully it will shed some light on who these characters are...
It does this.
... and why I should particularly care for them.

Learning who those characters actually were made me care about them less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom