• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Charlotte 1

Main character is apparently butt-monkey Lelouch. All the girls still have weird Key eyes. They've gotten better over the past decade, but they still look slightly like aliens.

Luigi87

Twitter rumors have it that the new Gundam will be directed by Goro Taniguchi (Code Geass) and written by Hiroyuki Yoshino (Code Geass, Guilty Crown). Could be... interesting?

Just shoot me now.

Edit: Dammit, didn't see the quote was linked to this thread, came from the G-Tekketsu thread.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would say Naga is the best DOTA 2 monster girl.

But Spectre could give her a run for her money.
LCnCRPK.gif

Bikini Warriors 01

Well I can appreciate a show that gets straight to the point and doesn't fuck around with what it's actually about.

Four minutes is probably too long for this though!

I don't play DOTA 2 because I'm not a crazy person but I DID player the original DoTA All-Stars WarCraft III mod and I can say that Pudge is pretty cute.

Huh, was under the impression it was Madhouse and they dug up the series as something to replace Hunter X Hunter.

Oh well. Then I got nothing. Show looks like garbage. Maybe the ascribe to the (mostly right) opinion of "Light Novels = Trash".
Pretty sure Ushio and Tora is an adaptation of a 90's showmen manga, not a light novel

Remember that the quality is gonna go to shit after the first episode for Monster Musume.

It's Lerche trying to be like A-1. They shouldn't have juggled 3 shows this season.

Now I'm worried about Gakkou Gurashi anime.

I don't know why you always assume that, not every show is a production disaster like Blood Blockade Battlefront!

cajunator

Banned
why does anyone trust narag

Because he is a cute widdle cat cat. Look at that face! *squeezes him

Jitsu wa Watashi wa
efYxfHnl.png

This show feels like the dark alternate timeline where Bakemonogatari turned into a standard harem anime.

As for other random anime, Akagami is fine although I don't really like how the heroine is such a doormat, especially considering that other anime that aired last year with the girl with wind powers.

Non Non Biyori messed with me a bit because I expected a direct continuation of the Okinawa story, but showing Renge anticipating her first day at school (with everyone making a big deal out of it) was a nice way to get back into the world. Also, they know that Renge is basically the best character of the series.

(I really don't want to watch that crappy TRU anime...)

a dark alternate bakemonogatari? This sounds kind of amazing.
I cant even picture such a thing.

New arrivals, woop woop.

2015-07-0702.01.481krbz.jpg

So luckyyyy
At least rightstuf today confirmed my orders were in processing. That made me feel a bit better though I am impatient!

wow, I had a blissful few weeks where I forgot that gaf even existed. So much for that. How's anime these days?

What were you doing, playing vidya gamez? Thats bad for your health you know!

Huh, was under the impression it was Madhouse and they dug up the series as something to replace Hunter X Hunter.

Oh well. Then I got nothing. Show looks like garbage. Maybe the ascribe to the (mostly right) opinion of "Light Novels = Trash".

Well, MAPPA is essentially a Madhouse spinoff due to Maruyama running things and Ushio and Tora is being handled by an ex-Madhouse director (Satoshi Nishimura) and an ex-Madhouse animator (Tomoko Mori) who both worked on Hunter x Hunter, so your assumptions weren't crazy.

Meanwhile, Overlord is being handled by a mediocre ex-Toei director. Although its chief animation director also served in that rule on Hunter x Hunter, funny enough.

lonely

Monster Musume 1
Pretty boring first episode with the only saving grace being the brilliance that is Yu Kobayashi. And to think this shit is comparatively tame compared to what happens later on.

cajunator

Banned
Monster Musume 01

Touch Lamia's tail. Its super effective!
So that works like a deviluke tail. I see.
This show has some potential to be really fun.
Not much to go on yet though.

cajunator

Banned
Shaft will save this year.

Glad to see it seems to be Ougi-centric, at least to a bigger degree than before.

With Dub:
Fate/Zero

Either without dub or bit older than what you asked for:
Madoka Magicka (if you can stomach the character designs.)
Mononoke
Shigurui
Edit: Oh yeah, Attack on Titan too probably.
Edit2: Now that I think of it, everything short of Mononoke has a dub.

There is also a recent show from the Trigun's author, that is, as I understand it, currently getting dubbed on Funimation - Kekkai Sensen aka Blood Blockade Battlefront. It has a similar vibe to Trigun.

Shaft really should make a Prism Nana anime. Its a waste otherwise.

i'm serious. There is a couple scenes that are loaded with fanservice but outside of those few scenes there isn't much. thus I wouldn't consider it loaded with fanservise. loaded with fanservice I would save for shows like queens blade or sekirei or Ikkitousen or countless other shows that either the girls are getting their clothes ripped apart by battle or focuses solely on getting boob jiggles and panty shots.
no game no life doesn't remotely get near those in terms of fanservice.

I didnt think NGNL was that bad but then I have been watching this stuff for many years and I dont even notice the fanservice unless its pretty extreme.

Aikatsu! - 109

So yeah the new girl is awesome.

Hmmm. Yes I would agree. she has some of that Aoi ponytail action going for her. Pretty magnificent.

Kitakubu 01

I'm still not really sold on this. It feels like it's trying just a little too hard to be kooky and weird, but I don't yet think it has much substance beyond that. I did enjoy the joke where the true enemy was revealed to be the system and I'm gonna keep watching to see how it improves, though.

KKK is pretty hilarious. Have you seen Dfrag? It is a little bit more crazy but perhaps a bit more to your liking.

Overlord 01

OP and ED are alright.

Pros -

Skeletons!
The MC is a skeleton!
The MC has a voice you wouldn't expect him to have
Cute succubus girl thing who will probably get 200 figures
Kind of an interesting take on the trapped in an MMO thing

Cons -

The skeletons have bad CGI and it's like the first thing you see when it starts
No boner jokes
Overlord was a pretty fun game, I dunno why they made this anime instead of a new game

It's alright, I'll probably keep watching.

Rainy

Banned
Monster Musume 1

AOTS, AOTY, AOTC. But nah, Miia is cute.

Edit: Does the protag ever show a preference for one of the girls?

Mandelbo

KKK is pretty hilarious. Have you seen Dfrag? It is a little bit more crazy but perhaps a bit more to your liking.

Yeah, I've seen DFrag. I ended up really enjoying it... I have a few volumes of the manga too. To be fair, DFrag took a while to grow on me as well, so I'm gonna stay on the KKK train to see if it too grows on me.

Skii

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd just pop by here and ask if anyone can give me some good anime recommendations.

I'm an absolute novice when it comes to anime. I only watched DBZ to completion in my younger years. I watched the Persona 4 Animation series last year because of how much I enjoyed Persona 4 Golden. Recently I've watched Toradora! and Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches due to a friend's suggestion. Enjoyed both and now I'm looking for more. They don't have to be romance related at all, it was just the taste of my friend. I'd also like it to be relatively new as I don't think I can deal with blurry anime unless it's DBZ haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom