• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J.

Twitter rumors have it that the new Gundam will be directed by Goro Taniguchi (Code Geass) and written by Hiroyuki Yoshino (Code Geass, Guilty Crown). Could be... interesting?

Sunrise tried to recreate Geass with Valvrave, but did not go far enough

It tried again with Cross Ange, but went too far

Now, it's gonna get it just right

Not if Yoshino is leading the writers room.

I don't know all that much about Guilty Crown other than the fact that it's supposed to be really bad.

But this dude also wrote Vividred Operation, which underwhelmed me greatly.

So should this information be true, I only remain cautiously optimistic. Because I loved Code Geass and would like to see its magic captured again. The right way. As in, the not-Cross Ange way.

Snow White with the Red Hair - 1

Loved this. Animation was beautiful, and Shirayuki seems to be a very enjoyable lead.

I'm very interested to see where the show goes from here.

Quasar

Monster Musume 01

Touch Lamia's tail. Its super effective!
So that works like a deviluke tail. I see.
This show has some potential to be really fun.
Not much to go on yet though.

The manga is at least. And ep one was pretty representive of what I remember of the early chapters.

zulux21

Ushio and Tora 1
this is what I imagine Tenchi Muyo would be if you made ryoko a man instead of a woman.
I'm on board with checking out more of this.

Quasar

Monster Musume 1 - Well that was pretty much perfect. And pretty much what I remember of those chapters. Really appreciated how naughty bits were handled. Much better than awful lightbeams.

Tuck

Snow White Red Hair - 1
Well it was certainly pretty to look at!

I liked it. The characters all seem cool. Bit heavy handed on the romance but I suppose thats to be expected. Not something I'd usually watch, I think - but I'm in.

Seiyuu's Life 01

Not feeling this one a whole lot. It's decent, seems informative. I'd recommend you give it a shot if you are interested in voice acting in Anime.

By letting my CR guest passes rot, I'm actually doing a good deed and saving people from watching bad anime.

Just think, you have the power to give someone the gift of Monster Musume~

Quasar

Snow White Red Hair - 1
Well it was certainly pretty to look at!

I liked it. The characters all seem cool. Bit heavy handed on the romance but I suppose thats to be expected. Not something I'd usually watch, I think - but I'm in.

The last line of annzacs review is probably right on.

Zac Berschy said:
I cannot imagine this won't be a big hit with the crowd that loved stuff like Yona of the Dawn or The World Is Still Beautiful. Whether or not you were a fan of those will tell you instantly if this is the show for you. Hell, looking at the key art probably did that, right?

Loved both of those, esp the latter, so I'm unsurprised I liked this. Surprised by the amount of Disney in it, though maybe thats just tapping the same material.

daveo42

Banned
Overlord Ep 1
Has me intrigued and I hope that one scene doesn't become a recurring thing in the show. At least it did set up some sort of logic behind why he did do it outside of being a straight up perv. It might have the potential to be good, but we'll know if it actually does in the following episodes.

Monster Musume Ep 1
I should have learned from the PV that this show is not for be, because this show really isn't for me. I'm fine with less "harem with a heart of gold" anime in my life.

Bikini Warriors Ep 1
The gag at the end was worth it, barely.

sonicmj1

MONSTER MUSUME EVERYDAY LIFE WITH MONSTER GIRLS 1

Why is it all caps Crunchyroll?

Anyway, it's not particularly funny, but I appreciate that they pull everything off without clunky censoring. Fans of the genre will enjoy it.

I'll be alright without it, though. This could be a straight backlog season for me.

jbug617

Banned
Packaging for Persona 4: The Animation LE (Sentai)

JzPFXXP.jpg

7zavOmC.jpg
Via WTK
https://twitter.com/WTK/status/618581497641963520

Cornbread78

I'bve been out all day with the family and just got home to check the thread. I must say that I am happy that there are no gray names as if yet. Tomorrow is TLRD, so let's keep up the good discipline AnimeGAF...

Arcadius

Banned
I'bve been out all day with the family and just got home to check the thread. I must say that I am happy that there are no gray names as if yet. Tomorrow is TLRD, so let's keep up the good discipline AnimeGAF...

I think it's fair to say that everyone can keep a cool head.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That monster girl anime is finally here? Awww yuss.

UeJFj5P.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess Bikini Warriors is inevitable. I don't see how you do anything with this concept after this 3 minute episode though.
qYbM2Knl.png

Sore ga Seiyuu
3c3LMIEl.png

Yeah, I feel like the comparisons to Shirobako are inevitable.

xEtKi7rl.png

But at least this show feels more honest.

Monster Musume
This is as bad as TRU, but at least it looks like it has a budget, better character designs, and well:
zXzAYicl.png

Enough said.

Haven't watched overlord episode 1 .. i'm glad people are giving it a chance without thinking it's something like SAo because it's not.

Even if they are much different in term of setting and quality writting , i'm hoping that people will , like log horizon give it a fair chance , because the show does need a bit of time to establish the whole setting before doing something with it.

And @ Tuck , it's not a lewd show... give it another chance.

Narag

IYeah, I feel like the comparisons to Shirobako are inevitable.

xEtKi7rl.png

But at least this show feels more honest.

Last ep of Shirobako I watched (14?) had a meeting about who should voice which character and the guy in charge of events and whatnot wanted the VA with the biggest breasts.

cajunator

Banned
One doesn't have to be an "otaku" to enjoy anime and manga (hell, or even erotic versions of those), but Japan doesn't seem to get that or something.

thats true, but facts never stopped people from judging before.

Bikini Warriors 1

I don't think I can post a single image but it was awesome.

Lol that must be quite something if no screens can be posted

Overlord Episode 1:

I will be honest, I really enjoyed this, like a lot more then I was expecting to. I suppose the trapped in a MMORPG is just going to be its own genre at some point thanks to the misery that is SAO. Overlord here does show that at least conceptually there are still ideas left. This anime is taking the MMO Veteran angle first explored in Log Horizon and bringing it to its logical conclusion, the look at an end of an MMORPG and it is combining it with the idea that Prtoag X is stuck in the body of the leader of a maybe villainous faction, or at least dark side, scary monster side. The first episode was pretty much establishing the new rules and Overlord is taking the Log Horizon approach of having the audience learn as The Overlord is learning. Yes, I shal lbe watching more of this in the future.

This is next on my list. It seems to have plenty of hype too.

You know a show is gonna be good when the first scene involves an orgasm. 10/10 Monster girls for life. I'd to post some pictures here but I'm afraid of getting banned. Besides the naughty stuff it's a cute show that made me laugh a couple times.

Sometimes I wish these shows werent so cookie cutter, even though this show introduces the whole monster girl idea, its still fundamentally the same sort of harem show we have all seen a million times. I guess I just expect a bit more variety. But then Im watching the wrong genre if I want that. What really scares me though is if people actually think this is how to relate to girls at all. I guess I dont understand the awkwardness around girls. They are just other people.

NFL-GAF is fucked and they don't even know it yet.

Hehee it is so fun to watch them react. they literally dont know what to do!
So cute.

Bikini Warriors - 01

it's lewd .. i don't mind lewd , but it's not even funny the characters are not even cosplay worthy -tier.
Will watch episode 2 but that episode 1 was .....BORING

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Last ep of Shirobako I watched (14?) had a meeting about who should voice which character and the guy in charge of events and whatnot wanted the VA with the biggest breasts.
I heard. But for me, I think not having any of the other staff around allows the illusion of professionalism to be maintained without breaking the reality of what anime is right now.

What if someone made a show about making Monster Musume. Then they spent 20 minutes showing a girl lovingly drawing a Lamia orgasm face while the Seiyuu does her best orgasm read in the recording booth. lol

MONSTER MUSUME EVERYDAY LIFE WITH MONSTER GIRLS 1

Why is it all caps Crunchyroll?

Anyway, it's not particularly funny, but I appreciate that they pull everything off without clunky censoring. Fans of the genre will enjoy it.

I'll be alright without it, though. This could be a straight backlog season for me.

Have you seen Akagami Shirayuki-hime yet? It had a pretty good first episode.

Hopefully Bones continues.

Narag

What if someone made a show about making Monster Musume. Then they spent 20 minutes showing a girl lovingly drawing a Lamia orgasm face while the Seiyuu does her best orgasm read in the recording booth. lol

I would ask for a link to the kickstarter.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would ask for a link to the kickstarter.
"Yes, could you do that again, but I want you to make it sound like you're on the verge of an orgasm but not quite there because of his inexperienced hands."

Yeah. :p

So SNAFU is full of 'yaoi baiting' and I didn't see any of this last season... sooooooooooo...
All of that stuff is basically jettisoned in S2. Saika shows up once in a while, but it's focused all on the terrible Iroha and the equally terrible Yukino and Yui.

:p

javac

This weeks Blu-ray and DVD releases in the US for 07/07/15.
Blu-ray
07/07/15
Atelier Escha & Logy Alchemists Of The Dusk Sky: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Single-disc set (1 BD)
Price: @ Amazon.com: $42.99
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $44.99
9ZeVNl6m.jpg

One Week Friends [Sentai]
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price: @ Amazon.com: $34.49
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $44.99
diIdzmnm.jpg

Noragami: The Complete First Season [Funimation]
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0 / Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0 / English 2.0 / Japanese Stereo
Format: Four-disc set (2 BDs, 2 DVDs)
Price: @ Amazon.com: $37.25
@ Amazon.com: $69.98 (Limited Edition)
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $42.25
@ rightstuf.com: $45.49 (Limited Edition)
Price: @ funimation.com Exclusive (500 units) : $59.99
Standard Edition:
9aYOp0qm.jpg

Limited Edition:
prAqHZam.jpg

FUNimation Exclusive (500 Units):
tF4vn4cm.jpg

07/10/15
Denki-gai no Honya-san - Volume 3 [Pony Canyon]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Subtitles: English / Spanish
Format: Three-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD, 1 CD)
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $71.98
lfyorqTm.jpg

9vRdrayl.jpg

DVD
07/07/15
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Season 2 [Cinedigm]
Run Time: 1196 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: None
Format: Six-disc set (6 DVDs)
Price: @ Amazon.com: $49.99
Price: @ rightstuf.com: $53.99