• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saudades

Tonight's the night.
If this one fails the season's dead to me.

G0t4VhP.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Man....people are getting banned here. Thanks god I am not into recent anime show and slowly going though my anime collection. Getting closer to finish You're under arrest season 1 tv series. Loving it still. I guess I might be lucky not to get shot down here for now.

If you stumble upon Plastic Little, you could be in danger too!
(Plastic Little is pretty fun though but ADV gave it a jiggle counter for a reason)

I often realize that 99% of the music I listen to is Anime OST's, when I actually think about it I often feel a bit insular but then I realize that there's just so much great music. A bit random, but I'm listening to an old favorite of mine, the Mononoke soundtrack, the Tatara Work Song is criminally short but probably my favorite on the whole CD.

That Top Anime OST thread has been mighty quiet as of late...
just messing with ya :p

Wow you nailed my favorite too. I own that album. Its gorgeous all the way through.
Especially the theme reprise at the end.
Another great one is from Nagi no Asukara.

Mandelbo

You could always revisit the 2012 season. that was pretty good!

Hell yes, and hopefully more of Alice too!

Thanks for reminding me that I actually have to go back and finish Gakkatsu one of these days. I also didn't realise that Shiba Inuko-san was something that existed outside of Ai Mai Mi.

wonzo

Banned
danna ga s2 7-13 END

dannagananis28.jpg

it really sucks we most certainly won't see a s3 but i'll miss the imazaki eps the most as they're heads and shoulders above really anything else this year

hopefully someone starts doing the manga as i really want more of this

MarkusRJR

What're the good shows this season? I'm going to be checking out Working!!! since I loved the first two seasons) and Dragon Ball Super, but I'm not sure what else there is? Don't have the time to skim the first few episodes of every show this season, would anyone mind giving recommendations?

Danmachi final

this show was ok. Not my favorite or one I rushed to complete.
it came and went largely without consequence.
Bell has some ridiculous power and obvious disdain of minotaurs.
all that matters is Lili was happy.
But lili is not trully happy since she hasn't stelled all her problems with her famillia.
But that should be S2 plot material

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movie - Ars Nova DC subs are out, if anyone have interest for it

There are ~40mins of new scene for the 2nd movie, and Kugimiya Rie voice musashi.

40mins ? i guess that would give me a reason to watch it again ...

What're the good shows this season? I'm going to be checking out Working!!! since I loved the first two seasons) and Dragon Ball Super, but I'm not sure what else there is? Don't have the time to skim the first few episodes of every show this season, would anyone mind giving recommendations?

There really isn't much to recommend at this point as we've only seen the first episodes of most shows.

Interwsting shows so far:

Ushio to Tora
Gakkou Garashi/ SCHOOL LIVE
Monster Musume ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Umaru chan
Gatchaman Crowds (watch season one first)

Gangsta has gotten some mixed opinions. Maybe you'll like it, there's also Akagami, show looks beautifull and I recommend it if you're into Shoujo.

I'm also into Million Doll but I doubt you'd like that.

KazenY2J

Charlotte
Gangsta
Gakkou Gurashi
Monster Musume
Ushio to Tora
Crowds Insight (if you watched the first season)
Himouto

Hey guys, does anyone have a spare guest pass for CR? Now that I'm on a break from college I want to marathon JoJo and some other stuff with a friend, but I ran out of time with my account. Would really appreciate it, thanks.

phaze

You're not going to get an unanimous answer here. Don't really think anything really worthwhile showed up yet. Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime) got decent impressions but I haven't seen it.

Hey guys, does anyone have a spare guest pass for CR? Now that I'm on a break from college I want to marathon JoJo and some other stuff with a friend, but I ran out of time with my account. Would really appreciate it, thanks.
Pm'd

/XX/

Anyone remembers Boro the Caterpillar (毛虫のボロ)? You know, that film Mr. Miyazaki was going to make instead of Princess Mononoke, and that later used the concept of to recycle it into another short called Water Spider Monmon (水グモもんもん), yeah? Well, he is now definitely going to work on it as another animated short... but this time all done using 3DCGI:

宮崎駿監督、短編を制作中 ジブリ美術館用の初CG作品:朝日新聞デジタル
http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASH7B5RS5H7BUCVL01G.html

Oops! I'm too late...

You're not going to get an unanimous answer here. Don't really think anything really worthwhile showed up yet. Snow White with the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime) got decent impressions but I haven't seen it yet.

Pm'd

Yeah, I've noticed, that's why we are mainly gonna watch past season's stuff that we couldn't watch due to college. Thank you for the help.

cajunator

Banned

So far I would say Umaru-chan, Gate, Gatchamannnnnn, Ushio and tora, Monster Musume from what Ive seen

But lili is not trully happy since she hasn't stelled all her problems with her famillia.
But that should be S2 plot material

40mins ? i guess that would give me a reason to watch it again ...

True but it does leave a little room for a S2 if they want. But now she has a real family :)

Way ahead of you.
I'm watching Patlabor TV, Aoi Hana, Shirobako, Diebuster and some other stuff.

I think I'd rather rewatch F/Z SS2 than watch most of the stuff on that list XD

well FZ was a really strong show but that season did have Tsuritama which is a pretty wonderful show itself. Lot of variety that year.

Cornbread78

Barakamon ep.6-END:
tumblr_nifye4gdAw1s1rq5ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nqic0uT9Lk1tibjgxo1_500.gif

Holy crap, it's hard to put into words the emotions that flow through you while watching this series, it's not sorrow, or elation, it's not over the top in any direction honestly. It is, however, an amazing feeling SoL that takes you through an older coming of age story for Seishuu as he grows up and learns to be his own man with his work. Go figure, he learns from little kids like Naru that are so damn cute and kid like; it's amazing. I think Aqua mentioned it yesterday, but the fact they used child actors to portray the kids and actually have the kids "doing kid things" makes a huge impact on the perception you get and feel from watching the series. Naru is honestly a great character to support Seishuu through his growth and is cute as hell to boot. As was mentioned, there is a little inspiration that comes out of watching this, as well as a feeling of serenity as you watch all the fun, funny, cute and plain awesome moments each episode. Bravo; amazing series...10/10

Cornbread78

phaze

Snagged, thanks! I've been wanting to try Crunchyroll.

Don't they have 30 day free trials for new accounts anymore ?

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 01

I'm not quite sure what to expect of the series in the future after this episode but it was a pretty decent beginning. The character designs for anyone but our heroine strike me as exceedingly generic however other than that, it's pretty. Liked the music too. The shoujo might get to heavy for me to bear but for the time being, count me in.

What anime?

im liking almost everything of the new stuff but i dont remember everything by name right now

the big surprise so far for me is snow white with red hair, it wasnt on my radar at first but for a first episode it was quite entertaining and i think is gonna be my "feel good" anime of this season (along with ore monogatarii)

edit: no all access anymore but it will do

http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=Q9LUL9ZWKCU

Sound! Euphonium END - Hey, this show is really good. That said, I still think its too short. I liked the characters, but they certainly could have fleshed out a lot of them more. Taki could have had some more screentime. They could have dived into Kumiko's relationship with her sister more, or her relationship with Shuichi.

Defuser

Sound! Euphonium END - Hey, this show is really good. That said, I still think its too short. I liked the characters, but they certainly could have fleshed out a lot of them more. Taki could have had some more screentime. They could have dived into Kumiko's relationship with her sister more, or her relationship with Shuichi.

Now that was a problem I have with the ending and this series. They got alot of characters with who are badly needed to be flesh out like Asuka or Taki Sensei or Shuiichi.etc

OceanBlue

im liking almost everything of the new stuff but i dont remember everything by name right now

the big surprise so far for me is snow white with red hair, it wasnt on my radar at first but for a first episode it was quite entertaining and i think is gonna be my "feel good" anime of this season (along with ore monogatarii)

edit: no all access anymore but it will do

http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=Q9LUL9ZWKCU
Thanks! I'll take a look at that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom