• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Charlotte - 01

Hate AB passionately, this is pretty good first ep actually,

RedHead Snow White

ANDO DA GAWD

This pretty damn gud, BONES is on roll

Defuser

Ninja Slayer ep 13

Oh hey, that Ninja school girl is back.zzzzzzz And hell yeah another new Ninja voiced by Keiji Fujiwara.

Tribe Cool Crew Episode 38
tumblr_nr2cdxW8D01s5wiico1_500.gif

Prefer Explos1ve Machine Guns to dance alone rather than with Sakura, but it was alright. cant wait for Kumo to come back to TriCool.

Mandelbo

Barakamon ep.6-END:
tumblr_nifye4gdAw1s1rq5ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nqic0uT9Lk1tibjgxo1_500.gif

Holy crap, it's hard to put into words the emotions that flow through you while watching this series, it's not sorrow, or elation, it's not over the top in any direction honestly. It is, however, an amazing feeling SoL that takes you through an older coming of age story for Seishuu as he grows up and learns to be his own man with his work. Go figure, he learns from little kids like Naru that are so damn cute and kid like; it's amazing. I think Aqua mentioned it yesterday, but the fact they used child actors to portray the kids and actually have the kids "doing kid things" makes a huge impact on the perception you get and feel from watching the series. Naru is honestly a great character to support Seishuu through his growth and is cute as hell to boot. As was mentioned, there is a little inspiration that comes out of watching this, as well as a feeling of serenity as you watch all the fun, funny, cute and plain awesome moments each episode. Bravo; amazing series...10/10

Glad you enjoyed it! Barakamon was one of my favourites from last year too. I admit, I was skeptical when I first heard they were using child voice actors, but it really does work well in the show. Really relaxing to watch with a load of heartwarming moments.

Phatmac

I didn't expect Tora to help out Ushio so early in the series but I guess it's a enemy of my enemy is a friend trope. The battle animation was great this episode especially the lightning attack. The joke parts of the show are getting better with showing Ushio's awful art. Better than the first episode for sure.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 2:

I am curious how this never became a 200 episode endless battle shonen series in the 1990s that would eventually be remembered fondly by people who watched the original incarnation of Toonami.

Barakamon ep.6-END:

Holy crap, it's hard to put into words the emotions that flow through you while watching this series, it's not sorrow, or elation, it's not over the top in any direction honestly. It is, however, an amazing feeling SoL that takes you through an older coming of age story for Seishuu as he grows up and learns to be his own man with his work. Go figure, he learns from little kids like Naru that are so damn cute and kid like; it's amazing. I think Aqua mentioned it yesterday, but the fact they used child actors to portray the kids and actually have the kids "doing kid things" makes a huge impact on the perception you get and feel from watching the series. Naru is honestly a great character to support Seishuu through his growth and is cute as hell to boot. As was mentioned, there is a little inspiration that comes out of watching this, as well as a feeling of serenity as you watch all the fun, funny, cute and plain awesome moments each episode. Bravo; amazing series...10/10
hmm, sounds good gonna watch it. thanks mate

Barakamon ep.6-END:

I'm really glad that you completely enjoyed this special show. It's a bit hard to explain what kind of emotion Barakamon provides you. It's a top tier sol coming of age story where the whole cast are especially strong. There wasn't one character that I disliked or think were terrible. Honestly Barakamon is one of the few shows that I could recommend to just about anyone because of how harmless it is and it's not offense as well. The comedy was also on point.

Also best mom.

Moaradin

Ushio and Tora Episode 2:

I am curious how this never became a 200 episode endless battle shonen series in the 1990s that would eventually be remembered fondly by people who watched the original incarnation of Toonami.

It's easily the best thing this season. I'm surprised I'm just now hearing about it considering how old it is. It's right up my alley.

Re Prison School:

@Yuyucow said:
Prison School's adaptation is extremely faithful but very rushed, and the TV censorship can get ridiculous at times.

@Opn01 Pretty much every scene's exactly like the manga, the layouts are basically panels from the original. It'd work with sane pacing tho.

@Opn01 (Which it doesn't have.)

I feel a little sorry for all you people who were looking forward to this show, but then that's what you get for believing in smut.

-Minsc-

School-Live 1

I would not have watched this without this threads comments. Shame, would have been great to have gone in completely blind. Fortunately I never read the series description so I expected
either the zombie takeover to happen by the end of the episode or was similar to World Trigger where people still went to school and zombie attacks happened at random times. As the episode went on things began to click.

Soul Eater 15-16

So there was two episodes focusing on Black Star and Tsubaki, then two episodes mostly about Soul and Maka and now there's two episodes with Death the Kid, Patty and Liz for the most part.

15 was kinda meh overall. Liz's fear of ghosts got grating after a while and aside from some backstory there was nothing that really made the episode worthwhile.

16 was a better episode overall. Decent action scene between Death and Crona, the comedic scenes were a bit better and
Medusa is beginning to finally entering center stage.

GATE Episode 2
CJkcHmdUcAEymqo.png

Their conversations are the best part. I dont know if magical girls would really be fantasy setting though?

Imperial Empire seems terrible, hope they get defeated. Daughter seems like she may become a victim anyway. He seems to think badly of her, sad.

Re Prison School:

I feel a little sorry for all you people who were looking forward to this show, but then that's what you get for believing in smut.

I don't believe in smut, I was merely hoping this one could live up some people's expectations.

Too bad though. Censorship I can deal with if it isn't there on BD (dunno if that'll be the case here) but if it's rushed, meh. Guess they just want people to pick up the manga afterwards.

Cornbread78

Glad you enjoyed it! Barakamon was one of my favourites from last year too. I admit, I was skeptical when I first heard they were using child voice actors, but it really does work well in the show. Really relaxing to watch with a load of heartwarming moments.

Definately, Haru steals the show with her insane cuteness, but the other child actors do a great job as well. That beetle segment was funny as hell.

hmm, sounds good gonna watch it. thanks mate

you cannot be disappointed if you like SoL flicks.... This is an instant rec going forward for anyone that likes a funny and "feel-good" story.

I'm really glad that you completely enjoyed this special show. It's a bit hard to explain what kind of emotion Barakamon provides you. It's a top tier sol coming of age story where the whole cast are especially strong. There wasn't one character that I disliked or think were terrible. Honestly Barakamon is one of the few shows that I could recommend to just about anyone because of how harmless it is and it's not offense as well. The comedy was also on point.

Also best mom.

Yeah, I was trying to find the words to describe the feelign you get from it, but it's impossible. It's funny, happy, heartfelt and emotional all in one swoop, but doesn't pull you in any specific direction.

also, best animated "mom punch" confirmed (she was great in her small role):

tumblr_ncvqhx4kEP1txrzruo1_500.gif

tumblr_nckvy6xSfW1slv5gyo2_500.gif

e_i

Kanon 2006 episode 21

Jesus. I knew it was coming, but I didn't think it would that brutal.

Kanon 2006 episode 22

Motherfucker.
I guessed from the beginning of the show that Ayu was dead all along, but that was horrible. Breaking her neck and dying paralyzed.
Suddenly
a wild Makoto appears!

Phatmac

The initial idea of future military vs medieval is the only real reason for me to keep watching this. I wish the MC wasn't an otaku as the comedy bits don't really work for me. I just want dragons fighting tanks. Close to dropping this show thanks to this awful dialogue.

Cornbread78

Kanon 2006 episode 21

Jesus. I knew it was coming, but I didn't think it would that brutal.

Kanon 2006 episode 22

Motherfucker.
I guessed from the beginning of the show that Ayu was dead all along, but that was horrible. Breaking her neck and dying paralyzed.
Suddenly
a wild Makoto appears!

Keep going, your almost there brah... This is an amazing show...

Defuser

Gate ep 2
Those poor phanlax bastards, nothing can stop bullets especially armor piercing rounds....and mortars. Hurrah! Elf girl is here!

Soul Eater 17

Excalibur returns, once again telling nonsensical stories, calling his possible Miseter a fool as well as dancing and signing a little song.

So yeah, I liked this one.

Leaving the censorship aside, this seems like a really good adaptation. The animation looks great and keeps a lot of the essence from the manga. VAs seem on point as well, I'm satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom