• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison School 01

YPIxhsO.jpg
lK1Povl.jpg
EicTEWr.jpg

The OP is goofy, I like it. I'll need some stiches of the ED.

The adaptation is a bit rushed but they nail the goofy nature of the series. The censorship is a bit blatant (not as bad as TLRD but worse then Monster Musume) so I wonder what future scenes will look like.

Basically it owns

e_i

Kanon 2006 episode 23

Wow, an adult
Makoto!
Wait what? I thought
Makoto was the fox?

What will the final wish be?

phaze

Prison School 01
Hahaha this is some disastrous pacing, they probably want to fit ~70 chapters into 12/13 episodes. Due to that, this adaptation is going through chapters with the speed of the gatling gun and ruining all the dialogue + the timing of all the jokes in the process.I think this one covered like ~ 140 pages.

RIP

Light beams don't bother me none, if anything they will save us from the worst excesses of Vice-president.

Wish they picked another voice actor for Kyoshi, can't unhear Araragi everytime he opens his mouth. Hana's cute voice also irks me. Imagined it differently. Chiyo was on point though.

Thought everyone was aware that there's no new Shokugeki no Soma episode today.

Only a short recap.

Next week will have the new episode along with the new OP + ED.

Cornbread78

Non Non Biyori 7-END (S1):
tumblr_nmvahoOF6R1tlyjpto1_500.gif

Wow, this is probably the most "comfy" anime I've ever watched. To be honest, it get a little slow pacing wise at times. This might be because it keeps in line with the laid back nature of the series. Either way, it is cute, cute, cute and more cuteness and really has a feeling of serenity throughout the entire season. They portray this serenity through the characters, their personalites, but also by the way visuals are presented of the landscape like the below image.

tumblr_nid6ixLKV71r3rdh2o1_500.gif

"Hotaru, didn't your family own a mountain in Tokyo?"
- Renge-chan

I mean, this show has some of the cutest characters and interactions possible, and of course, Renge continues to steal the show through the end. Defintely a good watch if you just want to kick back and watch something that will make you smile and feel good.

Gate 2
This is kinda fun but I really don't know if there is anything that can stop the glorious imperial Japanese army, everything is a complete stomp. I guess they want to create forced tension by splitting up in smaller groups and having all this political "intrigue".

I do want to see those six guys shoot down that dragon though so I'll keep watching.

Has
Princess Piña Co Lada
been introduced in Gate yet?

A
princess
did appear but I don't know if it's the one you're talking. She kinda sucked though.

Thought everyone was aware that there's no new Shokugeki no Soma episode today.

Only a short recap.

Next week will have the new episode along with the new OP + ED.

Dang, excited for the new OP though since I'm not really into the current one, the ED is fine though.

e_i

Kanon 2006 episode 24

Amazing. Amazing. AMAZING! I didn't really expect that Ayu
wasn't dead, just in a coma.
But, I'm confused about Akko
didn't tell him before? Why did she go along when Ayu was living with them? Did she think it was another Ayu?

Yuiichi ends up with best girl.

Exalted

Prison School 1

Its'a bit strange show, with it's charachter designs and story. Don't know yet if i will watch it, since i'm not to found of over the top parody comedies.

Ushio and Tora 02

Okay so this is airing on Friday as well, bringing my total to FIVE shows on Friday, whyyyyy

Good second episode. I love Tora he's great, the curiosity about the human world trope I always like. This should be a fun show to watch weekly.

Interesting Tora shows up on cameras, there's probably a reason for that.

On Prison School, really not sure what you guys were expecting since there is a 100% clear breaking point 70 or so chapters in, of course they will shoot for that.

Phatmac

This was really bad. The pacing was all over the place and didn't flow well at all. The censorship is pretty terrible as well. I didn't like this at all besides the peeping stuff. Looks like a show that's meant to be watched on blu ray. The true villain of the show is this guy.

On Prison School, really not sure what you guys were expecting since there is a 100% clear breaking point 70 or so chapters in, of course they will shoot for that.

That would be totally rushed if they did 70 or so chapters in 1cour.

Fuck why would they rush it. Then again most adaptions are solely for advertising the source material.

Isn't the start of the series the worst part? Maybe they are trying to get to the best stuff fast and then slow the pace.

That stuff is after the point they are probably planning to stop at.

Fuck why would they rush it.

there is a 100% clear breaking point 70 or so chapters in, of course they will shoot for that.

That will also lead into an easy season 2 hook

Puruzi

Banned
Prison School 1

Hella rushed but I lost it when they were running in the hallway with the crazy faces and when Shingo got kicked in the head and started twitching.

The art isn't too bad compared to the manga, it could be worse.

Prison School - 01

I don't know the manga but the breakneck-speed for this episode was apparent. It's honestly hard to enjoy it when not a single scene gets room to breath.

At least it ain't the usual smut but man it better slows down.

Cornbread78

Kanon 2006 episode 24

Amazing. Amazing. AMAZING! I didn't really expect that Ayu
wasn't dead, just in a coma.
But, I'm confused about Akko
didn't tell him before? Why did she go along when Ayu was living with them? Did she think it was another Ayu?

Yuiichi ends up with best girl.

Yes, those last couple episodes can really make you mid spin around in circles, btu it is really worth it in the end!

Yep.

You should try watching the dream sequences at the start of the first dozen or so episodes again after you now know the whole story. :p

I never thought to try and do that with Kanon. I definately did it with Clannad since there are so many little details from S1 that really come back big time into S2, but never throught to do it with Kanon as well..

lonely

Prison School 1
As a massive fan of the manga I was really enjoying it up until the last 7 or 8 minutes and the whole thing went into overdrive and started rushing through chapters even quicker than before.

Thoraxes

Isn't the start of the series the worst part? Maybe they are trying to get to the best stuff fast and then slow the pace.

Yeah, but it's hard to guess the series trajectory from just one episode. I think it'll end with chapter 81 personally, because it's just the natural stopping point. (maybe an epilogue with S2 tease with chapter 82 stuffs if they end up getting it funded)

So like ~6 chapters per episode if they don't cut anything assuming it's a 12-episode series.

wsippel

Banned
Prison School 1

Rushed? Maybe. But the manga was way too slow, so I definitely prefer the anime so far. Too fast is almost always better than too slow when it comes to pacing.

One. If it was two it would probably be too slow.

Edit: actually it might be fine if they did it right

It seems on the Prison School Website the series is gonna have 6 Vols which means 2 episodes in each Vol. That means the anime is most likely gonna be 1cour.

Unless it's announced to be split-cour.

Yikes. Well lets hope for split cour and that this first episode was just to get things moving...

G.ZZZ

Prison School was actually excellent but way too fast (could've easily been 3 chapters instead of 6), especially the second half. But maybe the first chapters were sorta skipped thru because they are the worst, the good parts all come after they go in prison. It's rare for me to actually laugh out loud at something (only other anime that made me actually laugh was Seto no Hanayome) and this made me laugh so many times with the reaction faces and some of the skits so i think it's doing good for that.

Very unlikely.

Hopefully if people like the anime but dislike the pacing they will pick up the manga.

Reminder that Yen Press is publishing omnibus volumes starting this month with the first volume containing the first two JP volumes. Volume 2 is out in November.

(Don't be like the dick who goes to their booth and says "I love Prison School! I've read it all!" before they publish a single volume.)

G.ZZZ

The censorship in PS is actually a good point for me. It still convey the point without being excessively distracting as it would be in a visual slow adaptation.

I need to buy those Prison School volumes. Also the JoJonium volumes. Also the rest of the Monster Musume volumes since I already own the first three so why not

javac

Prison School is runnin' around at the speed of sound.
Got boobs to show, gotta censor with rainbows.
Can't stick around, can't keep the run-time too long,
Guess what lies ahead, only one way to find out!
Must keep on buying the Blu-rays,
No time for imagination, pre-order the manga instead.
Trusting in what you can't read,
Press the button, I'll set your wallet free.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

This is the best Seasonal Anime thread post all year.

dan2026

Bootiful.

Prison School

lMIxS7w.jpg

Mari truly is best girl.

It was a enjoyable episode however the pacing was cranked up and at times it rushed some of the jokes. The censors suck but oh well. I did crack up at that segment where Jo said fuck. The animation was alright. It was a good average episode. Hopefully they slow down but I doubt that's gonna happen. The Opening and Ending were alright as well.

If only this anime had a higher budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom