• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one thing I'm a bit worried about concerning Overlord.

With only 4 episodes left, I worry we might not see much of the floor guardians in action.

I think it will end without resolving a lot of things, Im still waiting for an answer on if he was truly the only human left in the game, and also about what happened In The Real.

Cornbread78

Damn Suna, I guess they are saving you for the manga, lol. Pretty sad for Yuki, but ya know, still cute overall and the bromance shines through in this one.. Also, one of the cutest gifs (webm) coming up below (found on Reddit ftom Google search, lol) but yeah Yamada is full carnivore, lol. It's not a spoiler at all, just super cuteness, lol..

Cant spoil this, you must watch and find out

https://d.maxfile.ro/ahzkbaejhn.webm

Are you referring to this holy cuteness?

Crocodile

I know it may seem a bit hypocritical, since I've been know to enjoy to the fanservice, but how they change Robin's design is gross.

It's gross.

Really Oda? You had to give her huge D tits when she was consistently shown to be lithe in size? It's not like she wasn't sexy before!

Her soaking in bleaching cream for two years was the way more unsettling thing for me :/

Maken-Ki Two - 02

That is some fluid and detailed cloth tearing. Even the bra frills react to the surroundings. The back rubbing made sounds like someone was slowly fisting a jar of jello.
Sort of disappointed with the end fight in terms of duration, but the punishment made up for it. I wonder what they'll come up with ne-
lDfXAqt.jpg
lord have mercy

I want a wrestling show that isn't shit.

I'm shocked there isn't a good wrestling anime to be honest.

I would think there would be an overlap in Japan.

But here you can have m-this copy of I wanna be the world's strongest.

*pulls it out from the darkest corner of his anime collection*

Take it.

...Quit backing away, and take it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm shocked there isn't a good wrestling anime to be honest.

I would think there would be an overlap in Japan.

But here you can have m-this copy of I wanna be the world's strongest.

*pulls it out from the darkest corner of his anime collection*

Take it.

...Quit backing away, and take it.
I'll stick to backup wrestling mangas, of which there is more than you'd hope, but less than you'd think.

Quasar

Maken-Ki Two - 02

That is some fluid and detailed cloth tearing. Even the bra frills react to the surroundings. The back rubbing made sounds like someone was slowly fisting a jar of jello.
Sort of disappointed with the end fight in terms of duration, but the punishment made up for it. I wonder what they'll come up with ne-

lord have mercy

High point of the season that episode (episode 3 I mean).

Its kind of weird how different the show is to the manga. The show is straight up fan servicey comedy with no plot, whereas the manga is plot driven.

blurr

Yea, I don't know if there's a series that takes on wrestling realistically.

Then again wrestling isn't real in the first place :p

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I hear the manga for Kinnikuman is good.

I enjoyed the anime as well.

At first it was a ultraman parody that somehow turn into wrestling manga when the author introduce other superheroes.

Randomtrivia# Eichiro Oda submit one of his heroes design and was selected to be put in the manga during superheroes tournament arc.

Pillow Boys 08

Oops forgot to watch this.

Okay the no SFX thing has come to a disastrous climax as the first 15 seconds have NO ACTUAL SOUND and the Pillow Boy is like, banging on the window and you hear nothing then the OP starts up. What kind of nightmare dimension is this? I encourage everyone to watch those first 15 seconds because it is so awkward and weird.

This is the weirdest thing I think I have ever watched. Apparently there is sound effects in the raws? This just raises more questions.

Saprol

Gintama 80 something?

Yagyu arc is my favourite one yet. That paper scene. I love whenever they start playing mind games over complete nonsense.

Droplet

Oh hey a new thread! This was the title I wanted so at least I'm happy. You should put the reference picture in the OP if you can!

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 8

Interesting that Gelsadra doesn't know where the barber shop things came from. I wonder if this is why Berg-Katze thinks he's the most dangerous - he unintentionally causes damage to the worlds he unites.

I also think it's hilarious the way that the writers are trying to cram in the supporting cast aside from Hajime and Rui. Everyone went through their character development already and aside from maybe Jou there's no thematic reason for them to even be present. It'll be interesting to see if they plan to have Tsubasa develop as either an ally or enemy to Hajime. I'd like to see her as an enemy, she'd be great as Hajime's polar opposite.

They cut out the one kinda neat thing about her, her race.
shes a bunny girl maid who used her ears as antenna to give status reports back to Albedo when she was in Ains bed with the body pillow

Oh that's kinda neat. Still, it's mostly her personality and character that irritate me. You have a number of interesting characters, even just from a design standpoint, and then the secondary character who has gotten the most screen time is the most boring and stereotypical one? Just...ugh. I mean damn, there were a bunch more maids and a lot of them looked real cool and they picked miss standard classic Japanese beauty there? What about that one that looked like a bug! I bet she's awesome and never gets developed outside of a background character.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want an anime that takes wrestling seriously watch 'Wanna To Be The Strongest In The World'.

Line_HTX

They should make another wrestling anime with John Cena as the main character and how he is beloved and hated by many.

Anime version of Cena hand gesture wins, LOL

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Shimoneta episode 9

This is the funniest anime I've ever watched! Anna has me in stitches everytime she's on screen. Fuwa is great too. The characters are hilarious caricatures of anime's worst tropes, but they are fleshed out enough to not appear as pure fanservice. I'm loving this.

Mailbox

Can't we all agree that a Lacrosse anime would be really intense.
A curling SOL could be fun too.

God, I am so Canadian :S

Mailbox

So I watched the first 3 seasons earlier this year and waited until today to just watch all of the last season.

tumblr_nqk5qmRZ8B1uz9tdwo1_500.gif

I really liked this anime, its characters and the almost mushishi-esque world building and stories.

What makes me sad is that its done. Natsume's arc of accepting his home as well as his past has finished, which was well executed. The problem with that is that other plotlines (like the
exorcists
or the Book of friends itself) are let up in the air.

But that doesn't stop this from being a great anime with great use of 1-2 episode story structures (regardless of if "I WANT THE BOOK OF FRIENDS" from every second yokai gets slightly tiresome or not (it works well sometimes and feels repetitive others))

My only real grip is that a lot of side characters get really shafted and basically forgotten about (like Taki). It's just that after 4 seasons (especially in the 4th itself) it became super noticeable and quite annoying.

Anyway. I still really enjoyed this and would recommend that people watch it.

So how dated are the earlier jokes in Gintama, I'm interested in it and will probably watch it when I finish my backlog, like some sort of final boss, but that's probably not going to happen soon, will I just don't get some of the jokes?

Sölf

So how dated are the earlier jokes in Gintama, I'm interested in it and will probably watch it when I finish my backlog, like some sort of final boss, but that's probably not going to happen soon, will I just don't get some of the jokes?

Depends. The quality and the type of humour in Gintama varies greatly. Even in early episodes you get in universe jokes, parodies or just outright slapstick. Imo the real problem is that you just need several episodes in order to get introduces to the vast amount of characters and their personalities. Once you do that, you will enjoy this show extremely. And once the first serious arc hits (which imo is the Umibouzu arc at episode ~40) I think you will really start to enjoy it.

But yeah, I think you will understand enough jokes. Even the newer episodes gave references to stuff I never saw and I still laugh probably at least once each episode because of the stupid shit they are doing. xD

While it does use some older series for it's jokes, most of them are well known Jump franchises. As long as you have a good understanding of jump franchises you should be fine. The Japanese politician ones will fly over your head though, can't do anything about that. Certain Japanese figures/groups will be joked about enough you will learn who they are though these are mostly boy bands.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm writing a manga about extreme Tiddlywinks that will one day be the greatest sports anime ever.

Kurita

Man, Subete F ni Naru just got even more interesting. First it has chara design by Inio Asano but today they announced that KANA-BOON and Scenarioart, two bands I love, are going to do the theme songs. Hype rising.

I didn't really feel much with the last two episodes of Ore Monogatari for some reason, I mean it was okay really but it just didn't do much for me.

Sterok

Aikatsu - 148

Almost 3 year to build up this moment.

GOAT
When I ranted about Shion last week, I was planning on doing so no matter what. The preview just made it easy to justify. Though I was pretty sure she'd finally get her chance here, but as long as there was uncertainty I could still do it. But I mostly just find it funny that the thing I most wanted happened two episodes after I caught up. Either way, it was a glorious moment.

blurr

I accidentally watched final season of Natsume Book of Friends thinking it was the first, still liked it a lot.

Gbraga

Ore Monogatari 22

That was unexpectedly (is that a word?) sad, damn. I didn't even like Yukika, but still... Heartbroken for her. Can't really blame Suna either, it was just yet another surprisingly natural development of a relationship in this show, they never do what you would expect of a romantic comedy anime, but even if that becomes the norm, I still always get caught by surprise.

Hopefully Stalker-chan was just filler to give Saijou time to get over Takeo and form the supreme couple with Suna. This can't be yet another show where the best girls lose forever.

Himouto! Umaru-chan 9

That was the cutest thing in the world, oh my god, it was cute for all tastes, every girl got a chance to shine, what a lovely day.

The spotlight of the episode for me was, surprisingly, Sylphin. I'm not really a fan of hers, but her sincerity is just contagious, it gets me conflicted about Umaru's development. I want the gimmicks to continue because they're all fun and the series isn't really about character development, just adorable and funny situations with those characters, but Sylphin's sincerity inspiring Umaru to be less ashamed of being herself would be kinda cool, I guess.

Kirie was also cute as always, though I wish she wouldn't give Bomber such a hard time (it would help if he was less of an asshole too), Bomber best bro... Or at least Umaru's best bro, he's also kind of an asshole to Taihei. Speaking of him, Umaru's version of her brother as a salaryman is probably more accurate than the actual one, sadly. As much as I can be a weeaboo, I'm really glad I'm not a salaryman in Japan. I'm so lazy and that would devastate me. Cajun probably also knows this life too well, dude's always overworking.

MonMusu 9

Can we get that as DLC for MGSV? Also reignited my wish for Moe Souls. I need Moe Souls. Kemonomimi hat for Dark III pls.

I didn't even remember that reference from the manga, so good. And Smith's voice is too much for me in the anime. Rachnee's voice is amazing as well, but pretty much what you'd expect for her, but Smith, damn, I didn't really care much for her in the manga, but every time she talks in the anime I'm like
6k3FUV6.png

Damn, zero mention of Umaru on this page. Did everyone drop it?

Hell nah, one of the best parts of my week is watching Umarun. And I do realize how pathetic that is.

Non Non Biyori Repeat, Umarun and Gangsta are the best.

Maken-Ki Two - 02

lord have mercy
image.php

Himouto 09

Seems like Sylphyn is pretty much the reverse of Umaru to how she acts when she's at home and when she's out and about.

For me there are 3 levels of anime. The ones I watch because I legitimately like them, the ones that I watch to pass time, and the ones I don't even know why I watch but still do anyway. Umaru and Shirayuki both fall in the 2nd category. Only show to fall in the 3rd one this season is honestly Classroom Crisis.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Damn, zero mention of Umaru on this page. Did everyone drop it?
I'm still watching it. It is an enjoyable show and have good production value too.

Umaru 9
Two refrigerator! I think taihei focusing on the wrong thing here. TSF being good influence to UMR is sweet. Umaru still a jerk to her brother though (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom