• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 20:

A better episode then anything offered up in the past couple weeks but yea this was not a ship I ever really wanted to set sail. Mostly because I do not forget the insane stalking and forced imprisonment from last time.

Diamond is Unbreakable manga is a 10/10 for me but I actually think the anime is better. I'm not actually sure how to rate that. Its like you have Diablo II which is a 10/10 but then LoD comes out and makes it better but you can't score it above 10/10. The anime never falters to be equal, and even surpasses the manga multiple times. Its hard to imagine David Pro going even further beyond this level of creativity and craft, but thinking of Part 6 and 7 like this...they have been getting better by the season but they have to peak somewhere, right?

Even Part 5 which is extremely divisive in the Western community will probably be looked upon more favorably if Vento Aureo's adaptation is of the same level as DiU's.

Diamond is Unbreakable 20

Like with Rohan being a mangaka, the storyboarding here was more reminiscent of a Fairy Tale. Most would say this is one of the weaker arcs in DiU, but DP naturally enhances it as they have been doing. Swapping Cinderella and Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life made sense, they had a very subtle tease for the future.

Why does she only have four fingers on her right hand?

Did she lose her pinky or something?

Exalted

Thunderbolt Fantasy episode 6

Group assembly parts are finally over and were back to the real story.It was really fun seeing the full group in action for the first time. The last third of the episode was great. Every time someone starts speaking chinese , you know it's about to get real. Can't wait to see next week battle.

Narag

I think I've had one or two people on twitter tell me the pt 4 anime was better than the manga and fine to experience it this way too.

Eumi

Diamond is Unbreakable manga is a 10/10 for me but I actually think the anime is better. I'm not actually sure how to rate that. Its like you have Diablo II which is a 10/10 but then LoD comes out and makes it better but you can't score it above 10/10. The anime never falters to be equal, and even surpasses the manga multiple times. Its hard to imagine David Pro going even further beyond this level of creativity and craft, but thinking of Part 6 and 7 like this...they have been getting better by the season but they have to peak somewhere, right?

Even Part 5 which is extremely divisive in the Western community will probably be looked upon more favorably if Vento Aureo's adaptation is of the same level as DiU's.
I honestly think David Pro can totally fix a lot of the issues people have with part 5.

I really hope the Jojo train keeps on rolling, because man, a part 7 anime is everything I've ever wanted. Hell, even without it being Jojo how many Wild West animes do we have?

Narag

I honestly think David Pro can totally fix a lot of the issues people have with part 5.

I really hope the Jojo train keeps on rolling, because man, a part 7 anime is everything I've ever wanted. Hell, even without it being Jojo how many Wild West animes do we have?

• Early Reins
  • Carnage

I think I've had one or two people on twitter tell me the pt 4 anime was better than the manga and fine to experience it this way too.

I read part 4 back when it was Duwang translated only and thought it was fantastic. Later I re-read it and liked it better. Now the anime is...also better. I'm almost inclined to say DP's anime is the definitive version now. At the least if someone asked, I wouldn't say they HAVE to read the manga like One Piece. Its not an inferior experience.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm kind of bored of DiU, but I also lost interest in Stardust Crusaders until the final confrontation.

I'll probably be checking in to view certain episodes animated.

Thunderbolt Fantasy, however, has been consistently stellar.

Narag

I'm kind of bored of DiU, but I also lost interest in Stardust Crusaders until the final confrontation.

I'll probably be checking in to view certain episodes animated.

Thunderbolt Fantasy, however, has been consistently stellar.

You're losing joy in life. soon you'll be like dresden where the highlight of your day is general tso's at panda express

Haly

I had to look that up I don't even remember him.

Haly

In all honesty I didn't like Part 4 that much, contrary to the majority of JoJo readers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Thunderbolt Fantasy Episode 6:

Oh hey, it is the JRPG Boat Trip trope and it is just as boring as it ever was but the fight in the second half more then made up for the tedium.

Exalted

Alderamin on the sky episode 6

Another great episode. The group went on to training exercises in the mountains, while Ikta sneaked away to seduce women. Yatori showed she is a badass as always with her swordsmanship. Looks like there might be an actual battle next week.

KdtrLfr.png

Ascheroth

Alderamin #6

Group went into a new area. You can already smell that something is rotten here with that incompetent general and corrupt soldier guy.
Iktas attitude will never not be entertaining. And Yatori continues to show that she's the strongest person around.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alderamin Episode 6:

You know, I am still trying to figure out what Matthew brings to table in terms of skill set since he doesn't seem to have anything to really distinguish himself like the others. Though considering his build he is damn lucky to not have drawn the bumbling comic relief that is the usual role for the husky and above. Oh, yes, another fantastic episodes layered with more background information and foreshadowing, some of it close, some of it distant.

zulux21

Qurupeke

I just rewatched that Occult 9 trailer. What the fuck. So I decided to look at the original art to see if it was the anime character designer or the source.

lol

I actually missed them on the image, they just seem to stick out of her chest like two huge balloons.

91 Days Episode 6
CpriremWcAALlcZ.jpg:small

He smiled, and I loved the climax moment, probably third best episode.

Good thing I wasnt eating while watching this episode
I knew something was wrong with that lasagna!!!!!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
91 Days Episode 6:

Indeed we are in the thick of it now and we are the core of a good mafia tale as we got intrigue, factions playing off one another and of course double crosses.

Ascheroth

Thunderbolt Fantasy #6

Yeah, that last third was damn hype.
The necromancer lady and the Screaming Phoenix Killer are badass.
I really want to see the MC in action, with the way they are indirectly hyping him up.

duckroll

The Get Down - Episode 1-2

This is good shit. Baz Luhrmann-sama is baaaaaack! Fans of R+J and Moulin Rogue need to check it out immediately. Anime continues to disappoint while white men shows dominate.

Ascheroth

The Get Down - Episode 1-2

This is good shit. Baz Luhrmann-sama is baaaaaack! Fans of R+J and Moulin Rogue need to check it out immediately. Anime continues to disappoint while white men shows dominate.

White men shows don't have stands and wuxia puppets so they lose by default.

God I can't wait for a part 7 Jojo Adaptation. I'll probably be 5 years older when that happens but that stuff will be magical especially with how passionate these people are about cultivating Jojo's fantastic aesthetic.

In the meanwhile Diamond is Unbreakable continues to be a joyfully creative romp.

Taruranto

Man, the last two episodes of Binan have been pretty lame. This week one in particular looked like the script was outsourced to the studio janitor.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #31 Unfamiliar Planet Kukto

I wanted more space combat but seeing an atmospheric entry in this anime was compelling. I almost thought they would have sent VIFAM and TRANFAM into the atmosphere unprotected but using the cargo pods to protect them (along with some manual steering) made it unique.

I dont understand how a planet can only have at most 30K of the Kuktonians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom