• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

I'm guessing they are going to retcon or remove the first arc of the manga, since not one trailer has shown anything from it. Which means a higher chance for the "true" madness (like Hips of Babylon) from the manga to be animated.

I'm pretty sure there were scenes from the first arcs land battle in this trailer. At least it looked like that land to me. I might be misremembering though.

JulianImp

Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc - 05

AAAAND THERE THEY ARE. The episode was called "The Beginning of the End" for good reason. Hold onto your seats folks, the true despair arc begins now.

You were right. Now I've been spoiled about the deal with fat Byakuya from DR2.

I actually decided to try the game out, and the prologue was really yawn-inducing with how absurdly similar it was to DR1, and knowing about the class from the anime made it even more similar (twist:
they also knew each other from before the "entrance ceremony", but their memories were wiped clean for some ominous reason
!). The setting being a
VR simulation of sorts
was also made apparent (or so I think) with all the weird image distortion effects at the start, and the anime mentioning some sort of
program Naegi's team attempted to use to turn the class to their pre-despair selves

Quasar

So where did the "he marries them all" ending come from?

Because that's not how it went down in Tenchi Universe (best ending) or any of the others.

Well it happened in GXP. Not in others I watched. Well I guess it might be up in the air in Geminar given the open end despite the engagement proposal/announcement earlier in the show.

Looking forward to the next instalment.

GXP probably is the only true harem ending I've ever seen, with the protag marrying the whole harem.

javac

For some reason I've been getting the urge to watch the original Dragon Ball recently. I can't remember much of it, but my memories are fond. It's a long endeavour which is the only thing putting me off but its not the type of show that I'd watch religiously either. I need that familiar, dependable face to see on those long, boring days. I'll sleep on it.

Taruranto

Reading around apparently this episode of Battery really skipped around a bunch of stuff, no wonder the second half felt like it was jumping around so much.

LA8k6Do.png

A shame the manga was never ported over, it looks very good.

javac

I've also been (ironically turned unironically) listening to some eurobeat and now I want to watch Initial D. That's how this usually starts right?

Noragami
Just started watching Noragami yesterday and is actually pretty good. Just finished episode 6 of season 2, and so far, I love the pacing for season 2. Season 1 was also really good too. Loving this anime so far.

Jintor

Damnit I forgot to check the eupho2 Pv to see what you were all sniggering about while I still had kansai airports shitty WiFi. Guess it'll have to wait till I get to taipei

Wait I thought this was a manga about swimming, I was grossly misled.

Why is hip-checking with giant butts a professional sport?

It's sumo, except only breasts and butts can be used for attacking. And the land (the stages) are all sorts of things, from simple circle platforms, to seesaw platforms and even an airplane.

Danganronpa Chapter 4

Sakura
was too good for these idiots. Too pure for this despair rotten world.

At least Byakuya had to suffer mentally there at the end for a bit.

Mailbox

So.... Ao Oni is getting an anime adaptation (shorts, not full length episodes) and a movie.

why? God damn it Deen... God damn it.

also, what the fuck is THIS?!

Thoraxes

Heroes not being allowed to lose is actually my big problem with Danganronpa 3 right now. Having the cast have four returning characters just means that a big chunk of them are pretty much safe. In the games with original casts you only knew that the MC was safe since you were playing as him, but he was safe because you were beating the levels of the game. In the anime however it just kind of sucks all the tension from about half the scenes since they obviously don't want to hurt the returning cast. It's kind of why I liked the last episode: anyone of those three could have died at any point.

Interestingly the Despair stuff has the opposite problem, in that since we know everybody loses its hard to get invested. Like we knew lil' sis had to die so there was no real impact when she did.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions with Danganronpa. It's probably the last thing i'd do with a series like that.

INTO MY VEINSSSS

Also into my veinnnssssss

So.... Ao Oni is getting an anime adaptation (shorts, not full length episodes) and a movie.

Of all the RPGM horror games I wanted to see get anime adaptations, Ao Oni is... not near the top of the list. Still, the movie getting an entirely new story means I'm mildly interested.

rrvv

I see the we still look down on Deen

That being said Ao Oni being anime is.....not so interesting choice that i would choose

The Short is comedy and the Movie is horror.

fascinating

zulux21

Youjo Senki official site opened.
http://youjo-senki.jp/

This time, notGermany finally become MC side lol.

On the front line of the war, there's a little girl. Blond hair, blue eyes and porcelain white skin, she commands the army with lisping voice. Her name is Tanya Degurechaff. But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl after angering a mysterious being X who calls himself "God." And this little girl, who prioritize over anything else efficiency and her own career, will become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army...

any idea when this airs?
I am totally up for some light novel trash that isn't ecchi :p

to be fair I am up for most light novel trash because in general light novel > manga :p

Mailbox

I see the we still look down on Deen

That being said Ao Oni being anime is.....not so interesting choice that i would choose

The Short is comedy and the Movie is horror.

fascinating

Its not that I look down on Deen; they've made some shows I really do like.

But they have also made some of the shittiest anime in existence, so you know... Just being realistic about Deen. They're like the only major studio that I have consistently low expectations for.

Youjo Senki official site opened.
http://youjo-senki.jp/

This time, notGermany finally become MC side lol.

The proportions on that image are fucked up.

But they have also made some of the shittiest anime in existence, so you know... Just being realistic about Deen. They're like the only major studio that I have consistently low expectations for.

I think WIT probably deserve that crown. Deen put out Konosuba and Rakugo Shinjuu just this year.

Mailbox

I think WIT probably deserve that crown. Deen put out Konosuba and Rakugo Shinjuu just this year.

WIT never put out Pupa.

WIT might get lots of hate online and on here, but at worst they're stuff has been disappointing to some and overhyped to others. Outside of Rolling Girls (haven't watched it so idk for sure) they haven't really made anything overtly bad (And despite the hate, lets not pretend that Attack on Titan is as shitty as some of Deen's outings in recent years). At least with WIT I get interested in the visual aspect of the shows they make. Basically what I'm saying is that expecting shit from a studio that has made relatively decent media, and is still relatively new is dumb.

This is also true for Deen, too. They have made some good things, and this year is definitely a year where they are shining, but lets not forget what they have put out and how they tend to handled animation and direction. Considering their output this season, and their announced future projects (rakujo sequel notwithstanding), I can't say that I have any faith in them.

Jintor

Wait I thought this was a manga about swimming, I was grossly misled.

Why is hip-checking with giant butts a professional sport?

I thought it was ridiculous but I saw an internal poster at the ghibli exhibit in Tokyo advertising a pretty similar hip sumo thing (obviously with drunk animators instead of solely cute girls), so I assume the idea is actually real

rrvv

The proportions on that image are fucked up.

True that I don't have much expectations from them but at same time I wont simply dismiss it. They like underdog studio to me.

Quasar

True that I don't have much expectations from them but at same time I wont simply dismiss it. They like underdog studio to me.

They are pretty much like all the other studios that put out a fair bit. Can't trust any of em to make watchable stuff all the time. Like game publishers in that respect.

No mention of Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou? For shame.

WIT never put out Pupa.

WIT might get lots of hate online and on here, but at worst they're stuff has been disappointing to some and overhyped to others. Outside of Rolling Girls (haven't watched it so idk for sure) they haven't really made anything overtly bad (And despite the hate, lets not pretend that Attack on Titan is as shitty as some of Deen's outings in recent years). At least with WIT I get interested in the visual aspect of the shows they make. Basically what I'm saying is that expecting shit from a studio that has made relatively decent media, and is still relatively new is dumb.

This is also true for Deen, too. They have made some good things, and this year is definitely a year where they are shining, but lets not forget what they have put out and how they tend to handled animation and direction. Considering their output this season, and their announced future projects (rakujo sequel notwithstanding), I can't say that I have any faith in them.

There's no need to have faith in "Deen" as a studio; you can simply look at the staff on their projects and judge from there. Deen at the moment has some really good people working regularly with them, most notably Mamoru Hatakeyama, who is one of the best directors currently working in the anime industry. So it's silly to automatically disregard them as a studio, particularly for things that are outside of their control such as Pupa being a 3-minute show.

Wit has fairly consistent problems with rushed scheduling that result in breakdowns of animation quality, which is something you can blame the studio for since it speaks to the quality of organization provided by the studio's producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom