• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I have pictures disabled due to my internet cap but I can only imagine good things because I too want Discotek to break me :(

Clov

I have pictures disabled due to my internet cap but I can only imagine good things because I too want Discotek to break me :(

I'll round up the new license announcements from their panel for you. Some pretty great stuff in it:

-Arcadia of my Youth BD
-Urusei Yatsura Beautiful Dreamer BD
-5cm Per Second BD
-Lupin III: Island of Assassins BD+DVD
-Lupin III: Operation Return the Treasure DVD
-Chargeman Ken DVD
-Fatal Fury: The Movie BD

Battery the Animation 5

Things are really developing now. The beginning of the episode went to some dark places (literally and figuratively), handling it with its usual grace and understatement. I wonder if the school will actually disband the baseball team; the announcement at the end was rather ominous.

It's a shame so little attention is being paid to this show. I suppose this isn't hard, but at this point it's the best noitaminA show since Ping Pong.

Taruranto

Battery the Animation 5

Things are really developing now. The beginning of the episode went to some dark places (literally and figuratively), handling it with its usual grace and understatement. I wonder if the school will actually disband the baseball team; the announcement at the end was rather ominous.

It's a shame so little attention is being paid to this show. I suppose this isn't hard, but at this point it's the best noitaminA show since Ping Pong.

I've seen some of the manga pages, shit looked even more fucked up yo.

Taruranto

I don't know what the manga looks like, but the anime handled it with pretty good taste. We don't need to revel in the violence to understand what's going on.

It wasn't violent, it was that the imaginary was more... how to say...

UeELjrk.jpg

+

jJFYqdX.jpg

Battery the Animation 5

It's a shame that more people aren't watching it.

The Outcast Episode 6

The thunder ability was the best thing ever but why did he really wait until Houhou gave him permission to use it :(

B Project Episode 6

Pretty great episode until the supernatural ghost stuff was added, why :(

phaze

I think it was announced a while ago but good to see continuous proof that God et consortes are real.

91 Days 06

The geopolitics and politics of this series are so "anime" that it's downright impossible to take them seriously. If my memory serves my right we had:

- A weakling youngest son orders a hit on his own brother without checking it with his father/boss beforehand and performing the deed in the mansion of said father. He gets off with basically no scolding.
-Fango
-Fango
-Fango goes against his own family with 20 men yet he still manages to somehow carve and hold out some part of the city against them.
-Vanetti / Fango instantly bury the hatchet.
- Orco goes in person to a place Vanetti specified with but a few bodyguards.
- It takes only
offing Orco to elevate Fango in his place.
(I mean look at the fucker)

Taruranto

- A weakling youngest son orders a hit on his own brother without checking it with his father/boss beforehand and performing the deed in the mansion of said father. He gets off with basically no scolding.
-Fango
-Fango
-Fango goes against his own family with 20 men yet he still manages to somehow carve and hold out some part of the city against them.
- It takes only

You are not wrong, but about the first point: Frate is obvious under the protection of Ronaldo (The Galassia family dude who married the sister), so his father can't touch him.

Cornbread78

It's a shame that more people aren't watching it.

Battery the Animation 5

I just couldn't stand the angst in these 12 year olds lol. Specially the MC. Every word that came out of his mouth pissed me right off.

The last episode was by far the strongest yet. My ptoblem early in the show has veen that everyone in the show has been a complete asshole other than the grandpa and little brother. The MC has been extremely "agnsty," but at least with the events of the past episode they changed that tone from him a little bit to match the situation. This could mean he will undergo some good character developement as we saw in the final few minutes of the last episode.

I do agree that the character art does make them look much more like jr's and sr's in HS than first year MS students though..

phaze

You are not wrong, but about the first point: Frate is obvious under the protection of Ronaldo (The Galassia family dude who married the sister), so his father can't touch him.

I get that but I feel that with the gravity of the deed committed, (aren't they Italians ? Isn't family like the most important thing to them other than pasta), where he straight up introduced his own strongmen into the mansion of his papa and had them shoot his own brother, the non existent reaction too this is way too little even given the circumstances.

Ugh why do shows with aliens speaking another language, give up the speaking another language part to have them speak japanese in the middle of the show, it makes no sense especially when there are no eartlings around. You were doing so good VIFAM.

I think it was announced a while ago but good to see continuous proof that God et consortes are real.

91 Days 06

The geopolitics and politics of this series are so "anime" that it's downright impossible to take them seriously. If my memory serves my right we had:

-Fango
-Fango
- It takes only

someone clearly has never watched Game of Thrones writing if you consider any of this exclusive to anime.

I get that but I feel that with the gravity of the deed committed, (aren't they Italians ? Isn't family like the most important thing to them other than pasta), where he straight up introduced his own strongmen into the mansion of his papa and had them shoot his own brother, the non existent reaction too this is way too little even given the circumstances.

you say that with such certainty and try to make it seem like it's anime, but in the Godfather 2 which is considered among the great of mafia stories he doesn't kill his brother on the spot for betraying him and the show isn't over, give it fucking time lmao

pbayne

Can't appreciate Relena? Sorry Phaze but...

z9vrprO.gif

Lol i entertained thoughts of watching a modern mecha series next then got instantly depressed when i realized my options were the second series of Valvrave or Cross Ange. Might as well stick with Gundam lol, Stardust memory next.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #33

Nooo it really happened, we're leaving Jainus behind. I creyed especially when they all said farewell to BOGI as well as when it say it would pray for their success and continue to protect Jainus while they are away :( Ill miss all the time they were on it.

T-Rex.

Banned
It says a lot about my taste that I actually really like the new Berserk series. I mean I know it's utter ass in so many aspects, but for me the most important thing is always the story (and how engrossing it is) and everything else is secondary, and the show at least excels there.

I know I should read the manga, but 37 volumes (give or take) would take up too much time.

Yonafunu

I'm watching a lot more series this season than usual, so I thought I'd pop in here to check out how y'all are feeling this season.

Is Re:Zero worth watching?

Love Live Sunshine 07

qvfX2YM.jpg
zqniDpr.jpg
la51fGj.jpg

just fuck already

Y'know, I really like this show. Better then the first season even. It would've been easy to just do a carbon copy of the first season but this seems like its more in jest of the whole school idol thing.

New rival idol group is alright. A-Rise was better

Eumi

Does it start off good too? I'm not really a fan of marathoning stuff, to be honest, and 19 episodes is going to be a lot for me. I need that shit to hook me fast.
It might? Honestly it depends on how much the gimmick pulls you in. First episode is double length so I'd give that a whirl and see how it feels.

phaze

someone clearly has never watched Game of Thrones writing if you consider any of this exclusive to anime.

you say that with such certainty and try to make it seem like it's anime, but in the Godfather 2 which is considered among the great of mafia stories he doesn't kill his brother on the spot for betraying him and the show isn't over, give it fucking time lmao
Since when were you under impression GoT isn't anime.

---

If they adress the issue competently then sure but alas i have not a speck of faith in whoever writes this stuff.

Can't appreciate Relena? Sorry Phaze but...

z9vrprO.gif

Lol i entertained thoughts of watching a modern mecha series next then got instantly depressed when i realized my options were the second series of Valvrave or Cross Ange. Might as well stick with Gundam lol, Stardust memory next.

You survived Wing. Surely it can be only upwards from here.

---
You guys weren't kidding about the book quoting in Psycho-Pass.

Yonafunu

It might? Honestly it depends on how much the gimmick pulls you in. First episode is double length so I'd give that a whirl and see how it feels.

Fuuuck I hate double length episodes, especially first episodes. It's why I never watched Rakugo while it was airing, I bowed out almost halfway through the first episode.

Ah well, I'll give it a try after I catch up on Orange.

I agree it's so good and they started animating one of my favourite arc, the Alma arc. My only real *problem* is the rushed paced at some places, but it really doesn't deter my enjoyment of the show. Seeing Allen and crew animated again makes me happy.

Glad you are enjoying it! I feel awfully alone on animegaf with my D.Gray-Man watching lol.

I'm only on episode 2 but I'm going to pound through the next few. :>

I had forgotten so much since its been forever since the manga gave us new chapters. Its all slowly coming back to me as I watch it. I'm also slowly remembering how much I love nearly every male character in this anime oooooooooof @.@

Clov

RightStuf's panel didn't seem to have a lot of news at all. The only new announcement was that they and Sunrise will be releasing Turn A Gundam on BD in early 2017, with an upgrade program for those who got the DVDs.

Some other things that came up during the Q&A:

-They are still working on the Utena BDs, no other news on them.
-On whether they'd be releasing G-Gundam on BD: "These things take time."
-On whether they will release the 80s SD Gundam compilations: "All good things come to those who wait".
-On potentially licensing Mermaid Melody and Cutey Honey Flash TV: "All good things come to those who wait".
-Apparently Rose of Versailles was their most difficult title to license. On a potential BD release for the series: "All good things come to those who wait".

I think that line may have been their way of saying "I don't know and I don't want to talk about it".

I'm really glad that Discotek knocked it out of the park today, since RightStuf definitely dropped the ball.

Cornbread78

Does it start off good too? I'm not really a fan of marathoning stuff, to be honest, and 19 episodes is going to be a lot for me. I need that shit to hook me fast.

1st epidode is 40 mins..

Give it through episode 5 and it realky picks up, but it's pretty enjoyable even through the slow opening episode.

jgminto

DAYS 7
Absolute garbage, easily the worst sports anime I've ever watched. How stupid is the writer if they think a team that is deliberately and obviously fouling is an actual threat? I don't even watch that much soccer and even I know that doesn't make any fucking sense. The characters are garbage, the art is awful and the pacing is horrendous. Go watch any other sports anime of the last three years instead because they're all better.

T-Rex.

Banned
DAYS 7
Absolute garbage, easily the worst sports anime I've ever watched. How stupid is the writer if they think a team that is deliberately and obviously fouling is an actual threat? I don't even watch that much soccer and even I know that doesn't make any fucking sense. The characters are garbage, the art is awful and the pacing is horrendous. Go watch any other sports anime of the last three years instead because they're all better.
I don't doubt that the show is trash, but in fairness there definitely are teams that play that way. It can be an effective tactic.

Especially if you're playing against Arsenal (sorry Phaze :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom