• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Question about Re Zero.

You guys think it's possible that the whale clones/friends is just a hallucination? I mean if this thing can attack your mind, it makes sense it can put random shit in your head too.

These US military agents saying this is in english has to be the funniest thing in monster strike today lol
Cp26uDCXYAA7Y2M.jpg:small

Question about Re Zero.

You guys think it's possible that the whale clones/friends is just a hallucination? I mean if this thing can attack your mind, it makes sense it can put random shit in your head too.
I suspect the other whales are clones and that they are very real and dangerous.

ackl

Question about Re Zero.

IIRC from the LN:

The two other whales are clones from the first whale. However, the power of the original whale is split between all three of them.

Macross Delta - 3

Cp24LZmWEAAmZw1.jpg:large

Anime will Cat-ify anything, won't it?

Episode was pretty much the Hayate equivalent of Freyja's triumph in episode 2. He didn't do so well in regular conditions but once things heated up (and coincidentally, when Freyja started singing) he got his act together.

Good on one of the veterans near the end there for telling him not to be so cocky. Dude may act like a super robot pilot but he sure isn't in a super robot show.

Macross Delta - 3

Episode was pretty much the Hayate equivalent of Freyja's triumph in episode 2. He didn't do so well in regular conditions but once things heated up (and coincidentally, when Freyja started singing) he got his act together.

Good on one of the veterans near the end there for telling him not to be so cocky. Dude may act like a super robot pilot but he sure isn't in a super robot show.

Out of curiosity, is this your first Macross?

Cornbread78

Qualidea Code ep.6
Well, my theory was just a little off, lol. This episode was the "everything you ever wanted to know about Mahime" episode. I guess sge has been crazy OP since the day she "woke up from a deep sleep" I guess we'll find out how that all works eventually. Also, Tokyo boy is going berzerk now, lol.

Monster Strike Mermaid Rhapsody
Cp2475JWEAALvvW.jpg:small

Thought it would just be the usual beach episode hijinks but ended up being a good take on a america military infiltration type of movie experience
even with the gunshot wound for the lead character, and boat chasing gunshot scene, loved it

Battles was pretty good against the bad guy and I loved his huge whale introduced.

White Ash insert song was good and White Ash continues to be the face of Monster Strike, I wonder if they really like it.

Aki-at

Macross Delta - 4

Mikumo at every moment reminding Freyja that
she's going to get fired if she messes up made me chuckle,
she's definitely not someone who'd I'd want as a team leader lol. Not really a show I would normally watch but so much random cool stuff happens that I can't help but be in awe and watch some more, like how the
Wildermere army announced themselves and then with the smoke from their engines drew their coat of arms that somehow turned into a a magical projector and then declaring their intention of universal war.

Hamst3r

What the heck is this sound effect?

It occurred around 45 minutes and 30 seconds into Wicked City, but it's not the first time I've heard it. I've heard it at least 4 or 5 other anime. It seems to always play around like docks and waterfronts, and this time was no exception. Do any of you know what it is?

kewlmyc

91 Days 01-06

Why did I just not find this show. I love me mafia themed anime (Reborn doesn't count dammit), so I'm already hooked in. Plus it's original, so that means we might actually get some sort of conclusion. We're heading that way pretty quickly with a lot of big names already offed halfway though the show. Nice OP too.

Narag

What the heck is this sound effect?

It occurred around 45 minutes and 30 seconds into Wicked City, but it's not the first time I've heard it. I've heard it at least 4 or 5 other anime. It seems to always play around like docks and waterfronts, and this time was no exception. Do any of you know what it is?

Sounds just like a modulated marine mammal sound effect that's probably stock nowadays like the newtype flash.

Overman King Gainer 26 (End)

What a non-ending. As expected of genki Tomino, I suppose. What a weird show overall. The first episode was fast as fuck, with pronouns and pronouns being thrown around, and then everything slowed down with fake progress on the "main" plot, before accelerating again near the end into a final arc that is large-scale but doesn't actually conclude anything. Not to mention most fights devolved into King Gainer pulling out a completely new move out of its ass every time.

At least the characters were fun to watch. Tomino characters are practically expected to be goofy as hell when let loose, and this was a fine setting for them to do so, especially given that it was genki Tomino where death was extremely downscaled. Gainer himself was fun to watch, from him calming the hell down and his changing dynamic with Gain.

10/10 opening though.
LDZarIq.gif

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure the Yu-Gi-Oh manga started off with Yugi doing Yakuza gambling stuff like stabbing money on top of your hand with a knife and pouring booze while smoking with a lighter on the pouring hand

Ok, but was it labelled as a manga for children back then? If not that's pretty messed up.

Narag

Macross Δ 16

Huh, this ep recaptured some of that earlier show magic where the sense of family is so strong even the secondary characters feel important.

Narag

Macross Δ 17

First half was basically an extended concert video cut with character reaction shots, the second was drama bombs about bombs and Hayate making Orimura Ichika proud :lol

Baccano 8-12

It's been a good while since I found a show so enjoyable that I watched a disks worth in one day. Heck, it's been a longer while since I've watched anime in general for an extended amount of time.

Basically what I'm saying is Baccano is really fucking good. I plan to finish the last four episodes tomorrow.

Aki-at

Macross Delta - 5

This dance is infectious.

I sort of enjoyed how the members of Walkure were all chilling and relaxing whilst everyone else was stressing out about intergalactic war being declared in the episode. Also didn't realise Mirage was the granddaughter of established characters in the lore, that's kind of cool!

Cornbread78

Handa kun ep.6
Lolololololol Dash-kun was a sex toy for that loving pouch... lol. Also loved the fortune teller part hinting at his Barakamon future, lol. The show doesn't disappoint for a few good laughs.

Hamst3r

Sounds just like a modulated marine mammal sound effect that's probably stock nowadays like the newtype flash.

Sounds like a slowed down police siren.

Its probably meant to sound like marine life or something :/

Update! Someone on Reddit actually knew what it was. It's a steam siren off an old cargo ship. Like this: https://youtu.be/VsFcttNH9Lg?t=20s Which would make sense with them using it around docks and waterfronts.

Better example: https://youtu.be/G8P81OChG0c?t=33s

Line_HTX

Macross Δ 17

First half was basically an extended concert video cut with character reaction shots, the second was drama bombs about bombs and Hayate making Orimura Ichika proud :lol

I don't know if I want to make a comparison to Ichika though, haha

Narag

Macross Δ 18

Bogue's mouth causing him to question Cassim's knighthood led to what was probably the best Windermerean to Windermerean interaction in the show where Cassim and Freyja talked about mutual acquaintances. It really sort of drove home how small Windermere is. It's one thing for a planet to be up against a galactic political entity, another when it feels like a small country on that planet is it instead.

cheesekao

Tales of Zestiria X 6

I just realized something from watching this. Ufotable actually renders their CG at a non-trashy framerate. Good shit.

Models could use some work though.

Line_HTX

Oh yeah, Kiritobread,
you should be aware that there are 4 recap epsiodes told from different character's points of view. You could skip that, or watch the one normal person, lol

Wolfs Rain ep.6
hqdefault.jpg

Looks like Tsume has finally made the decision to put his all into the journey now as he is willing to find Paradise with the others. Good stuff, with excellent background music.

That image is an easy way to indicate you're watching this through a 3rd party on Youtube.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wolf's Rain is boring as hell. I've tried watching it at least six times and fall asleep every time somewhere in the single digit episodes, then give it up. It helped cure a bout of insomnia I had when it aired on Adult Swim.

Cornbread78

That image is an easy way to indicate you're watching this through a 3rd party on Youtube.

It's a Google image though (I always use Google images), not my screen cap.. it also has no watermark... I changed it if it is questionable.

Oh yeah, Kiritobread,
you should be aware that there are 4 recap epsiodes told from different character's points of view. You could skip that, or watch the one normal person, lol

Oh... safe to skip then, got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom