• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
iirc, even the web novel hasn't gotten far enough to figure that out yet.
I could be wrong though :p

Welp, I am okay with that. I've said it before and will say it again, I hope this gets another season. We only have 5 episodes left and there is just so much more they can explore. With the success and popularity the show has been seeing, I am hoping they go through with it.

Eumi

I really hope that (Re:Zero 20 spoils)
the witch and Emelia aren't at all related. It's just a way too obvious pull.

Considering the 'Ordeal' stuff however it's pretty much confirmed they're linked. Ah well.

Sölf

Handa-kun 06
Holy shit, the dog. Like, wtf.
Also, dat Barakamon foreshadowing!

91 Days 06
God, the ending was horrible in the best of ways! Dark as fuck.

Mailbox

Welp, I am okay with that. I've said it before and will say it again, I hope this gets another season. We only have 5 episodes left and there is just so much more they can explore. With the success and popularity the show has been seeing, I am hoping they go through with it.

I can only hope the dvd/BD sales will mimic the huge fandom this show has made. We shouldn't expect another season for at least a couple, if not a few, years but I do expect another season. Its not like that wait will be insufferable or anything :) We still have Steins;gate 0 to look forward to.

What I'm worried about is that after a few years will we get a 1 cour or 2 cour sequel season? :S

Aiii

So not worth it
Orange 7
Cp1iZClXEAArorW.jpg:small

Suwa and Kakeru best bros.

The first suicide attempt :(

Seriously, Suwa is such a trooper, sacrificing all that to save Kakeru.
I mean, unless he knows for sure they will end up creating an alternate reality, Mirai Suwa is effectively giving up not only his relationship with Naho, but his own baby as well, just to save the life of Kakeru. Not sure I could do that.

I can only hope the dvd/BD sales will mimic the huge fandom this show has made. We shouldn't expect another season for at least a couple, if not a few, years but I do expect another season. Its not like that wait will be insufferable or anything :) We still have Steins;gate 0 to look forward to.

What I'm worried about is that after a few years will we get a 1 cour or 2 cour sequel season? :S

I'm curious to see those numbers as well. Steins is airing this September right? I'm so stoked for that one.

Seiniyta

When is Steins;Gate 0 to start anyway?

Seriously, Suwa is such a trooper, sacrificing all that to save Kakeru.
I mean, unless he knows for sure they will end up creating an alternate reality, Mirai Suwa is effectively giving up into only his relationship with Naho, but his own baby as well, just to save the life of Kakeru. Not sure I could do that.

Yup I see this as well. It's a very conflicting choice, one that may have been made easy by knowing that the events are only changed in the alternate dimension? Even then, when choosing to save a friend which potentially could lead to their baby not being born, is very hard indeed. Saving one by erasing the other. How could you live with yourself, even if the events weren't changed in the present, to make a choice such as this one?

Amazing episode! I'm very excited and hyped to see how Subaru and his fellas will win the fight when they can barely kill a single whale. Hopefully they won't pull a deus ex machina or some BS to end the fight.

Almost everyone is talking about hunting psychic whales or something in Re: Zero, and I'm just sitting here wondering if Ash is gonna win the Kalos league.

Mailbox

Or if Ash will ever age.

Why would he, since he's actually in a coma?

I'm curious to see those numbers as well. Steins is airing this September right? I'm so stoked for that one.

The numbers and sales are gonna be interesting, for sure.
And no, whitefox has some magical girl anime for this fall. Steins;gate 0 was greenlit for anime production when the game was announced, though. :/

When is Steins;Gate 0 to start anyway?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But you can watch episode 23beta to start, and get hyped!

Cornbread78

Orange ep.7
Oh my God Suwa. Seriously.... He is the best character in this show by a country mile. Some serious "feels" in this episode during that whole
"confession" (confession of suicidal thoughts and of love)
scene between Naho, Kakeru and Suwa. Pretty powerful stuff that was both well written and presented.

gargles

Re:Zero - 20

Wilheim was a beast. What an impressive exhibition of swordsmanship and acrobatics. And his backstory deserves to be further developed (Thearesia was adorable and badass). And honestly, I don't believe
he died. No, he didn't. He could not
Well... another great episode with an impressive battle and an insane twist. Reinhardt needs to arrive at the scene and to deal with this situation. He's the only one capable to defeat this enemy.

5 more episodes. I'll miss this. Season 2 should be inevitable but it may take a while.

Eumi

Oh god I'm gonna have to start dodging Steins Gate spoilers when that airs. I played the game for the first one and wanna experience 0 the same way.

The numbers and sales are gonna be interesting, for sure.
And no, whitefox has some magical girl anime for this fall. Steins;gate 0 was greenlit for anime production when the game was announced, though. :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But you can watch episode 23beta to start, and get hyped!

GODDAMNIT.

ROUND VERNIAN VIFAM #34

Jainus computer screen was reading aho baka, what lol I felt bad for the Kuktonians trying to access its contents. Also they were kind of sill for firing all those missiles at it if they needed the slab.

Great action in the forest, Roddy is the best.

ZZ Gundam up to 19

I actually liked those last few episodes, people are still dumb but they are less dumb AND I actually feel like the story is progressing for once. I think Puru/Ple appearance saved the show.

Also I like how they just dropped Mashymre, he is just gone.

Mandelbo

ReZero 20

I'm not too surprised the White Whale had a few tricks up it's sleeve - if it didn't, there's no reason why someone didn't kill it sooner. I really did love that Wilhelm
landed next to the ONE flower in that part of the field. What a convenient place for the flower to be!
That being said, it'd be so cool if
when they're just about to lose, he bursts out from inside the whale, killing it, and that being eaten alive was part of his plan all along.
There can't be any more resets this arc though, right? There's no time to do all this again and it'd be a huge letdown anyway.

Cornbread78

ReZero ep.20
Oh man, great action the entire episode, minus the story parts with a young Wilheim. Really intense battle and Subaru was actually usefull for once. That ending though.... ddaaammmmmn

Syrinx

Koufuku Graffiti 8

Was amused by Ryou weirding everyone out with her foodgasms (really don't care for this word) and then getting super embarrassed by it. Still, her loving Kirin's lunch while everyone else thought it was meh at best gets into the "the secret ingredient is love!" stuff I dislike. Though it was more than just that, there were the sweet potatoes that were so nostalgic for her.

The themes of Kirin taking more responsibility and becoming more independent while Ryou learns to rely more on others and care about herself some more continue on from last episode. These were things I wanted to see so it's nice to see them being delivered.

Macross Delta - 08

So Messer doesn't seem to be the stoic man that we came to think he was from the beginning of the show. Seems like he's had a troubled past that has been somewhat haunting him up until now.

Freyja's resolve seems to have become absolute, and the battle was awesome. Hayate riding the wind to her song was also a beautiful displays with all those lights fluttering around his ship and leaving a trail behind.

Qurupeke

Orange 7

Damn allergies. :'(

It was refreshing that thanks to Suwa's aid, they were finally direct to him and Naho confessed the inevitable. It feels like the worst have been prevented for now. The episode was a bit weird on its first half though, oddly comedic.

Baccano 7

The backstory of Maiza and Szilard is revealed. Also showed the origin of their immortality. It was an intriguing episode to say the least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I always had a soft spot for this kind of battles in games, though I think a lot of people dislike them. Epic scale, very big enemy with 1hko attacks, a lot of different allied forces and different battle or enemy phases, where you mostly inflict little to no damage, waiting for the opportunity to deliver some big hits and gradually take down the boss. The whale battle followed this perfectly, I couldn't ask anything more.
Epic scale is fine, but it should be visually interesting.

Cloud vs Bahamut in FF7:AC was interesting.
Master Asia vs Death Army, interesting.
Homura vs Walpurgisnacht, super interesting.

In fact I just discovered a wonderful giant enemy sequence in Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi:
https://sakuga.yshi.org/data/8f2b4b5a491c2a6559f2d49555780664.webm

Wilhem and co vs Whale, dull. Maybe I'm expecting too much from this show but they could've done a lot more with the setup than they did. I didn't even understand the point of all those ground troops if they never had a way of grounding the whale.

Wilhem and co vs Whale, dull. Maybe I'm expecting too much from this show but they could've done a lot more with the setup than they did. I didn't even understand the point of all those ground troops if they never had a way of grounding the whale.

If I remember correctly their expectation was that their first attack along with the turrets would have grounded it. The wolf guy said as much to Subaru and Rem.

In fact I just discovered a wonderful giant enemy sequence in Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi:

They thought their first wave of attacks would ground the whale that wolf Captain mentioned it before they went into second wave which seemed to be them improvising.

L.O.R.D

Re Zero 20

great episode,love it
the ending was shocking,i think subaru just put a save point when
the witch come behind him
,because i remember one time when subaru return he asked rem if she can smell the witch from him.

Re: Zero 20

Damn this episode had me hyped and it delivered. Very good action and an oh shit moment at the end.

I need that William Spin of Novel translated..

216fda57ff22d85ba314b5bf479f7fe1.gif

Also
What I don't understand is how can William remember his wife if she was eaten by the whale? Something tells me she might still be alive.

only when
hit by the fog you will be forgtten
,she maybe eaten or killed by another type of attack.

I didn't realize Sinbad no Bouken was animated by a different studio. No wonder it looks waaaay better. althouh the other two seasons by A1 aren't exactly slouches either.

Qurupeke

Most of your examples are 1 vs 1 fights though, so I don't really think they're that similar. They focus on the action and the enemy needs to be active. I guess you could argue that the fight was essentially Wilhelm vs the whale, and maybe his scenes disappointed you as they mostly followed one pattern of running and cutting. However, I think other characters' contribution was crucial and that's what turned it to a team effort, giving opportunities to various heavy hitters. It was an army against a giant enemy, not just a large scale battle, and because of the numerical superiority they couldn't give it the time to attack, at least before the mist's appearance.

Maybe they could make everyone's positions a bit more clear and make the fight seem more strategic rather than giving so much focus on Wilhelm, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Aki-at

My Love Story!! - 5

Y5yEGps.png

A Challenger Appears

This show continues to deliver, Sunakawa's sister is a great addition to the cast. I loved both how her little breakdown was animated and Inoue's performance really gave a great comedic effect to the whole segment haha. If I had known about this show early, it'd definitely would have been one of my anime of the year for 2015.

Re: Zero 20

Damn this episode had me hyped and it delivered. Very good action and an oh shit moment at the end.

I need that William Spin of Novel translated..

216fda57ff22d85ba314b5bf479f7fe1.gif

The way this move works means she cut the guy in half before getting the sword back haha.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess you could argue that the fight was essentially Wilhelm vs the whale, and maybe his scenes disappointed you as they mostly followed one pattern of running and cutting.
Yes.

However, I think other characters' contribution was crucial and that's what turned it to a team effort, giving opportunities to various heavy hitters. It was an army against a giant enemy, not just a large scale battle, and because of the numerical superiority they couldn't give it the time to attack, at least before the mist's appearance.
It didn't feel like an army, is my point. It was mostly Wilhelm doing stuff and that's fine and typical of anime but outside of using some cannons it didn't really feel like a military campaign at all.

I would've expected, at the very least, bows/cross bows for the non-magic users. It's disappointing whether you look at it as a 1 on 1 fight or a many on 1 fight.

Soi-Fong

White Whale (Mythic)
By Natsuki Subaru

The White Whale is an undefeated world boss that can spawn at Flugel's Tree around 1 AM. Battling it is a large undertaking that requires no less than a full and balanced raid of skilled players. Once you've assembled your desired party, meet up at Flugel's Tree and use the metia, <Nokia 6133> to summon the boss.

Phase 1 - 100% - 80%

The battle begins with the pull, which is tricky in of itself. In order to give yourself the best odds of victory, the boss should be kited. Due to the fact that the White Whale will attack from far out of melee range, your kiter should have some means of generating aggro from range. A Shadow specced Hikkomori with a maxed out Witch's Whispers is ideal. Given that Witch's Whispers can only be used a finite amount of times before the caster succumbs to the stacking debuff, it's recommended to either have a second Hikkomori to trade off taunts with, or to pair one Hikkomori with a Best Girl with Al Huma talented for range. As the White Whale can one shot any character, the kiter's level is unimportant.

The kiter should engage on a mount, in advance of the raid. Once aggro is secure, the raid's ranged attackers should open fire and use all trinkets and cooldowns immediately. Melee should operate turrets to the best of their abilities.
Phase 1 is relatively easy and its smooth commission should be an afterthought.

Phase 2 - 80% - 70%

During this phase, the White Whale will not hold a main target, but will still respond to taunt mechanics, however, your melee will be able to mount the boss for direct attacks, so moving the boss carelessly should be avoided. The melee should engage the boss' weak spots and use cooldowns liberally. Ranged should continue as they did in Phase

Phase 3 - 70% - 50%

The White Whale will descend and blanket the field in a white fog. Players who stand in the fog will accrue stacks of Madness. Once Madness reaches five stacks, it will root them in place and cause them to suffer 31050-39890 damage per 2 seconds until the player dies or is cleansed. Healers should prioritize cleansing Madness.
In addition to Madness, an untargetable add, Magic Fog, will move throughout the mist. Players struck by this will be immediately killed and incapable of being battle rezzed. It is of paramount importance to avoid being struck by this, even it it means accruing stacks of Madness.

The kiter should resume their role for this phase and lure the White Whale away from the raid while the healers deal with the initial wave of Madness. And players who avoided accruing stacks should give chase and attack the White Whale as it pursues the kiter.

Phase 4 - 50% - ??

The White Whale will summon clones of itself, each with its own aggro table. At this point, you're really just fucked.

White Whale (Mythic)
By Natsuki Subaru

The White Whale is an undefeated world boss that can spawn at Flugel's Tree around 1 AM. Battling it is a large undertaking that requires no less than a full and balanced raid of skilled players. Once you've assembled your desired party, meet up at Flugel's Tree and use the metia, <Nokia 6133> to summon the boss.

Phase 1 - 100% - 80%

The battle begins with the pull, which is tricky in of itself. In order to give yourself the best odds of victory, the boss should be kited. Due to the fact that the White Whale will attack from far out of melee range, your kiter should have some means of generating aggro from range. A Shadow specced Hikkomori with a maxed out Witch's Whispers is ideal. Given that Witch's Whispers can only be used a finite amount of times before the caster succumbs to the stacking debuff, it's recommended to either have a second Hikkomori to trade off taunts with, or to pair one Hikkomori with a Best Girl with Al Huma talented for range. As the White Whale can one shot any character, the kiter's level is unimportant.

The kiter should engage on a mount, in advance of the raid. Once aggro is secure, the raid's ranged attackers should open fire and use all trinkets and cooldowns immediately. Melee should operate turrets to the best of their abilities.

Phase 2 - 80% - 70%

During this phase, the White Whale will not hold a main target, but will still respond to taunt mechanics, however, your melee will be able to mount the boss for direct attacks, so moving the boss carelessly should be avoided. The melee should engage the boss' weak spots and use cooldowns liberally. Ranged should continue as they did in Phase

Phase 3 - 70% - 50%

The White Whale will descend and blanket the field in a white fog. Players who stand in the fog will accrue stacks of Madness. Once Madness reaches five stacks, it will root them in place and cause them to suffer 31050-39890 damage per 2 seconds until the player dies or is cleansed. Healers should prioritize cleansing Madness.
In addition to Madness, an untargetable add, Magic Fog, will move throughout the mist. Players struck by this will be immediately killed and incapable of being battle rezzed. It is of paramount importance to avoid being struck by this, even it it means accruing stacks of Madness.

The kiter should resume their role for this phase and lure the White Whale away from the raid while the healers deal with the initial wave of Madness. And players who avoided accruing stacks should give chase and attack the White Whale as it pursues the kiter.

Phase 4 - 50% - ??

The White Whale will summon clones of itself, each with its own aggro table. At this point, you're really just fucked.

still easier then garrosh

Just T

Soma Second Plate: 7

Well that was a bit unexpected, it was in the opening but thought it meant something else.

Amanchu: 6

Another good episode, she should have been mentioned she couldn't swim lol but good to see her stay focused.

Qurupeke

I would've expected, at the very least, bows/cross bows for the non-magic users. It's disappointing whether you look at it as a 1 on 1 fight or a many on 1 fight.
That feels like an odd omission, yeah. I guess they would still be ineffective, but they seem like a better option than ground soldiers with just swords, even considering their failed plan. Maybe Crusch is just a shitty strategist...
Macross Delta - 10

Fuck. No way...

:(

White Whale (Mythic)
By Natsuki Subaru

Phase 1 - 100% - 80%

Phase 2 - 80% - 70%

Phase 3 - 70% - 50%

Phase 4 - 50% - ??

Best fight for healers. Just a lot of debuffing since people basically get one shotted if they take damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom