• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
Ping Pong The Animation: 1-4
You know, at first I was a bit put off by the character design of this show, and I thought it was okay. But then in the second episode, the show became amazing and so far it never stopped.

I feel bad for anyone who dropped Mob Psycho cause episode 8 was like

uaEpZeU.jpg
They deserve it for dropping mob in the first place

Mob is a slow burn, but even at its slowest it is still an exceptionally well made show. ONE's writing is peculiar, and I can understand why some wouldn't like it.

ibyea

Banned
Danganronpa 3 - Future: 8-9
It was nice seeing Kyoko doing her detective thing.
And finally some of the worst assholes managed to die.
Also, I just don't get Punished Munakata.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Godamnit they killed her, they actually did it. ;_; Stupid equivalent exchange. Of course when two assholes die she dies.

Danganronpa 3 - Despair: 9
The only thing of note in this episode was the ludicrous luck powers of Nagito and Izuru. Other than that, this episode was really mediocre.

Thud

Anime in general has that issue of awkwardly combining drama with comedy/anime tropes.

That edgy af show shonen action looking show that aired some seasons ago (if not last year) that also doubled as harem comedy hijinks lost any chance of being decent when one second they have the murder of a whole village an the next they have like a girl squishing her breasts onto the lead's face while the tsundere beat him up savagely.

Akame ga Kill?

I'm not sure if you can call it a harem if everybody dies.

The worse part is that the ending is for a large part canon. While the anime was inconsistent in quality, it did make me interested in the manga.

Or is it God Eater? Attack on Titan? Plenty of edgy shounen that take off the edge :p.

Ping Pong The Animation: 1-4
You know, at first I was a bit put off by the character design of this show, and I thought it was okay. But then in the second episode, the show became amazing and so far it never stopped.

Keep going, it only gets better. Soundtrack is legit hype af

Cornbread78

Code Geass ep.11
I have no idea what happened with C2 right there, but that was pretty crazy stuff. Was tfat redhead a littje jelly? Hmmmm..

Aki-at

So like, I'm flying out to Japan in a few days (This Sunday!) for TGS and wanted to know if there was any cool places specific to anime near Shibuya like Production I,G's store I should visit? Think I've got all the stores down for figures and retro games.

And like the shill I am I'm spending a night in the Godzilla hotel.

is this whole show like this and why have I never noticed this?!

I'm not going to lie, I love Shirokuma Cafe and it's one of my favourite animated series, however the show is more oddball than over the top hilarious. You get 2 11 minute or so segments for most episodes and they can range from anything between them messing around playing sports whilst other episodes might be more absurd than hilarious, like when Panda's mum ends up with her friends teaching her into how to eat at all you can eat buffets.

It's a great show with some great characters that have their unique charms (Polar bear loves his puns, Penguin is always grounded and easily depressed etc) and I've been taking it slow watching it (26 episodes in 1 year and a half) but with how memorable everyone is I haven't forgotten anyone from the cast. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for a slower paced comedy but definitely keep with it until it's past episode 3 or 4, familiarity with the characters really help. But if you want something that is constantly over the top? Nah this show might not be for you.

Chase17

91 Days 3-4
-Road trip!
-Road trip must get weird when one reminisces about killing the others family
-New meaning to hit and run
-How did this guy jump throw the window of the barn?

Show has slowed down a bit but is still very good. Interested to see how long Angelo will keep the act up. Seems like he is missing one of the names?

Mob is a slow burn, but even at its slowest it is still an exceptionally well made show. ONE's writing is peculiar, and I can understand why some wouldn't like it.
Yeah I dropped it after two episodes as while the art was amazing I could not have cared less about anything or anyone in the show. I must go back because the GIFs defo look good but hard to muster the enthusiasm to be frank. Does it start to pick up story wise?

Yeah I dropped it after two episodes as while the art was amazing I could not have cared less about anything or anyone in the show. I must go back because the GIFs defo look good but hard to muster the enthusiasm to be frank. Does it start to pick up story wise?

Yeah, certainly. If you want more of an ongoing storyline, that does emerge.

Aki-at

Yeah i wouldn't say the first two episodes are reflective of the overall series. Take it more as an introduction course than anything else.

Story begins to emerge from episode 3 and then hits full throttle episode 6 onwards.

Cornbread78

Code Geass ep.12
Oh Lelouch, you fucked up this time. How could you? Well, at the end of the day, it was just collateral damage.. Still sucks that he died though..

Line_HTX

So like, I'm flying out to Japan in a few days (This Sunday!) for TGS and wanted to know if there was any cool places specific to anime near Shibuya like Production I,G's store I should visit? Think I've got all the stores down for figures and retro games.

And like the shill I am I'm spending a night in the Godzilla hotel.

Sega Arcade please off the top of my head.

Cornbread78

Code Geass ep.13
code-geass-episode-13.jpg

Zero, you really are a piece of shit. Shirley would be right on to pull the trigger, you certainly deserve it after both bastardly attacks now. You certainly are on the path of carnage.

Verelios

Re;Zero Episode 18

Scum. What scum you've become Subaru. I'm even more disgusted by him than Betelguese as he doesn't rationalize insanity. Fuck, I can tell the following episodes are going to be trying.

duckroll

.hack//SIGN is bad, .hack//Luminosity is bad, .hack//roots is bad.

.hack//twilight is pretty fun though, and .hack//GU Trilogy is just cool for the action alone.

Never watched the new .hack film.

Chase17

91 Days 5-6
The politics of the gangs are really ramping up. I always appreciate a use the truth as a lie plan. Fango is pretty messed up.

Line_HTX

Re:Zero 13

This is like... really fucking annoying to go through. It's taken me a couple of days just to finish this episode without skimming.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
the way i see it if i start skimming through episodes in an episode I'm watching, I should just drop it.
Re:Zero is a special case where I'm glad I lasted through the episodes I actually did skim through. It's an inconsistent anime with high highs and low lows.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcist ep.22
So we still have no clues on who/what Sae really is, but it's gonna be important as the Basura called it. The action, tone and story were all excellent as usual.. The show continues to be a fun watch each week.

Line_HTX

Re:Zero 14

JpWwFHY.png

Crusch is fine too.
I'd have dinner with both Crusch and Priscilla.

Well, Subaru's act was really annoying for no reason having not learned a damn thing like Felix said, and it continued here with his irrationality. I don't even feel the least bit sympathetic because of the shit that occured in the previous episode, so instead I just turned against him like how I turned against Kurokiba. Again, I have a lot of patience, but having a stupid running act can go on for so long before it turns him into a completely flat character.

ibyea

Banned
Mob Psycho 100: 9
A good amount of setup that hopefully will lead to something big next week. Episode was overall pretty fun with Shigeo and Teru partnering up.

Ping Pong The Animation: 5-6
Man, there is enough salt from these characters to clear my driveway for the entire winter.

But I guess in the end what these characters needed were alternate perspective, and as painful as it was, they are going to be better off for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom