• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Going to watch 3rei, might as well perm me now.

C IN 2016

My memory isn't the best so I could be wrong, but wasn't it established in the earlier episodes that he was a shut-in NEET in his own world? It's not a leap that a guy like that would cling to the first girl to show him some kindness in the new world he's ended up in.

I'm also on the Emilia is Satella train, though.
I actually think Puck is the bad guy.

Bravely Default.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think ruby represents lewd gaf and sapphire represents anti-lewd gaf.

Sölf

As a Danganronpa fan, I am going in with very low expectations, so it's okay. Although I went in Ace Attorney anime not expecting much and I was still disappointed...

I will wait, I need to finish Ultra Despair Girls first. And surviving all those spoilers will be the really hard part. Maybe I have to evade Anime GAF this season. xD

Taruranto

AA was an adaptation, so it was always going to be bad. This one is 100% original so it could be good.
But it probably still won't.

Mendrox

My memory isn't the best so I could be wrong, but wasn't it established in the earlier episodes that he was a shut-in NEET in his own world? It's not a leap that a guy like that would cling to the first girl to show him some kindness in the new world he's ended up in.

I'm also on the Emilia is Satella train, though.

Correct. The NEET part is a big thing and also daddy issues. Everything makes sense later on.

Haly

I believe this is what's called a "honeypot".

blurr

that reminds me: a friend gifted Huniepop during steam sale despite knowing my active distaste for it; he sent it through email, didn't accept yet, don't know what to do with it ~__~

Haly

that reminds me: a friend gifted Huniepop during steam sale despite knowing my active distaste for it; he sent it through email, didn't accept yet, don't know what to do with it ~__~
Play it and become one with your Hunie.

3rei is actually better than Fate/Stay in the Kitchen off the bat.

jman2050

New Game 1

So do established video game studios routinely hire fresh high school graduates with zero work experience and no actual game development skills as full-time employees straight away?

That sounds a smidge irresponsible.

blurr

New Game 1

So do established video game studios routinely hire fresh high school graduates with zero work experience and no actual game development skills as full-time employees straight away?

That sounds a smidge irresponsible.

to add to that, she also got hired in the very company that made the games that inpsired her and she didn't even know they're working on the sequel for it until the end of the first day.

Hey, I'm okay with that though.

Hi, I'm a software engineering student and I love to write C++ and C# with the lastest version of Visual Studio. I don't think it's important that VS doesn't really support C anymore.

Defuser

Illya Drei! ep1

Oh shit I totally forgot Miyu Matsuki passed away so Sapphire's voice got replaced, didn't occured to me the moment Sapphire started talking. RIP

I can't believe this is the only fate series that have a third season and it's a spinoff lol.

Anyway, this episode sure don't waste much time and already set to high gear as shit hits the fan. Can't wait to see more next week.

Orange 1

The direction was much more high-energy than I was expecting. It makes the episode stand out for how unusual it is, as you would hope for from someone like Hamasaki. I'm definitely intrigued to see where this will go.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
As a Danganronpa game fan (enjoyed 1 and loved 2), what can I expect from 3 anime?
The anime was terrible and dont do the games justice.
Sölf;209303500 said:
I will wait, I need to finish Ultra Despair Girls first. And surviving all those spoilers will be the really hard part. Maybe I have to evade Anime GAF this season. xD
And so is Ultra despair girls.

As a Danganronpa game fan (enjoyed 1 and loved 2), what can I expect from 3 anime?

Brings a crescendo to the 1/2/udg plotline and the prequel series shows
how the 2 cast became ultimate despair

And so is Ultra despair girls.

UDG is fine. Toko and Komaru have a good dynamic. The gameplay is decent with some annoying sections. The villains are interesting in concept but I think they ended up kinda going too limp on it. If you want to know who the incentives were in the 1st game (kidnapped dudes) then if you look around you can find them which is cool. The main theme owns.

The absolute worst part of the game is when the child villain who was sexually molested and has massive trauma about it straps Komaru to a groping machine and you have to resist. Like what the fuck? Who thought that was a good idea at all?

Eumi

Danganronpa is just a sinking ship plot wise. I want the creators to move on to something new and fresh but it's almost like they're shackled to this terrible, terrible continuity.

Still hoping V3 is a complete reboot. Its probably the only way to save the franchise.

Danganronpa is just a sinking ship plot wise. I want the creators to move on to something new and fresh but it's almost like they're shackled to this terrible, terrible continuity.

Still hoping V3 is a complete reboot. Its probably the only way to save the franchise.

V3 is not a complete reboot, they already said as much. It's breaking away from the plotline 3 will complete but its in the same continuity and you can expect returning characters I would assume.

As someone who only played the three games this year I don't think its gotten any worse, but I loved Danganronpa 2's ending even though it should be something I don't like.
But its such a balls out crazy way to bring back the villain and just throw everything into your face and to watch the characters break down

Also case 5 of DR2 is still the apex of the series to me.

Eumi

V3 is not a complete reboot, they already said as much. It's breaking away from the plotline 3 will complete but its in the same continuity and you can expect returning characters I would assume.

As someone who only played the three games this year I don't think its gotten any worse, but I loved Danganronpa 2's ending even though it should be something I don't like.
But its such a balls out crazy way to bring back the villain and just throw everything into your face and to watch the characters break down

I loved 2's ending but I'm a lot more lenient to plot in games. I'm not sure if I would have been as accepting if it was anime, and I have very little doubt that the anime will even be that good.

Shame about V3 in that case. I'll try to keep an open mind for both that and this anime series but it's really hard.

I loved 2's ending but I'm a lot more lenient to plot in games. I'm not sure if I would have been as accepting if it was anime, and I have very little doubt that the anime will even be that good.

Shame about V3 in that case. I'll try to keep an open mind for both that and this anime series but it's really hard.

Keep in mind that as far as we know it being connected to the original plotline could just be that Monokuma is in it and not much beyond that. Doesn't look like they are ready to talk details on V3 until after 3 is done.

Sölf;209311339 said:
I think I liked 4 more. The whole setting just interested me more. But all DR2 cases were miles better than DR1. Heck, the first case in DR2 was more complex than anything in DR1.

I liked that one up until the end. Still don't think it really made sense why the killer did it. Shoulda been Soda cuz he sucks.

I also did not understand the setup for the room at all. I just bullshitted my way past that part in the trial.

I really wish they'd scrap any concerns about continuity, especially after how awful AE was. Every Danganronpa entry is worse than what came before it and I don't expect these animations to be particularly good either.

Eumi

Which case in DR2 was the
fruit room case
? Cause I loved that one since it was kind of a complete mystery on its own. You could have taken that case, removed Danganronpa and stretched it out into a full game.

That's the kind of stuff I'm worried will be missing from the anime. Since they said it can't be a game with the plot they want I'm worried it's gonna be more character/ world building and less outlandish mystery.

Which case in DR2 was the
fruit room case
? Cause I loved that one since it was kind of a complete mystery on its own. You could have taken that case, removed Danganronpa and stretched it out into a full game.

That's the kind of stuff I'm worried will be missing from the anime. Since they said it can't be a game with the plot they want I'm worried it's gonna be more character/ world building and less outlandish mystery.

I like when series just go off the wall nuts. I love MGS2, Virtue's Last Reward and the last two cases of DR2. I like when sequels have a similar setup and by the end they've completely turned around the setup

tuffy

Oh wow it came out already? Was the release good? Can I feel safe/good spending money on this or is this another "WB release of Jojo S1" ordeal?
It's the sort of release I'd expect from Sentai Filmworks these days. It's light on extras, the subtitles are yellow (which doesn't bother me personally), but the A/V quality seems fine. It's a good show so the release is good enough for me.

Clov

Oh wow it came out already? Was the release good? Can I feel safe/good spending money on this or is this another "WB release of Jojo S1" ordeal?

I've heard mixed things. Some tell me that the sets are fine, others have mentioned some issues with the bitrate. I'd look into this further before committing to a purchase, though everyone should do that before picking up anything from companies like Funimation or Sentai given their inconsistent track record for video quality.

In some other BD news, it looks like Sony Pictures' release of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV is going to include Brotherhood. That's a nice bonus if the movie ends up being any good.

gargles

As long as I can have more Ibuki, Komaeda and
Chiaki
, I'm satisfied. And between Future and Despair, the second one might be the better one. Still doubt how will they finish Hope's Peak Academy's story in just a cour with another killing game without rushing it, even though it's not an adaption. Hope it works.

(please, don't kill Kirigiri. She and Naegi must live, no matter what)

I really wish they'd scrap any concerns about continuity, especially after how awful AE was. Every Danganronpa entry is worse than what came before it and I don't expect these animations to be particularly good either.

I thought 2 was around the same level as 1 (although I'd put 1 as being at least slightly better), but Another Episode was a really big step down. I could still find enough to enjoy it based on Komaru and Toko's relationship and banter, but the main plot was dumb and the ending of the game was downright ridiculous (how many fucking times did they have the exact same choice box pop up?). Nothing I've seen from Danganronpa 3 previews story wise convinces me that it will be anything aside from a trainwreck.

At the very least, I'm optimistic about V3 given that it will represent a moving away from the whole Hope's Peak arc.

Parfait

Magical Alternate World Sharks Episode 1
RWw1Wmq.jpg

Just how strong is she? I mean, that fin strength must be... out of this world.

John Blade

NOTE: THERE WILL BE SPOILER SO, IF YOU NEVER WATCH THIS SHOW, DON'T READ MY POST.

Impression Note:

Wow...too many things happen in this episode and only two which is very important in the story of the show. I guess we go from there.

The club idea is now on hold as Nagisa and Tomoya can't start the club. You found out the main reason is they don't have enough people to start it up which kinda suck for them. I guess trying to look for members isn't as easy as they though but this bring up another situation which now bring attention toward Fuuko. From the look of it, she don't have a place to stay and somehow she is always in the school from morning to evening like it's her home. Also, you found out in one scene, she have an older sister who use to teach art in the school and suppose to have a wedding coming up and Fuuko is getting the star ready for it. Things get interesting (based on how they explain) as you found out near the end of the episode that this older sister is in the hospital from a car accident and still hospitalized from her injury. This change few things as it mean Fuuko older sister isn't getting ready for the wedding for her older sister but maybe try to find a way to be bring happiness idea from this sad situation. Also, from the look of it, they is something about a ghost girl who die in a car accident which is discuss a bit in the 1st and 2nd episode. Does this mean, Fuuko, might not actually living but a ghost as she don't have any memories of how she come to school and she didn't have any reason to go back home at all. Just making start from morning to evening. This might get very depressing if Fuuko is just a ghost but somehow can't go to the after light. Will like to see where this might go from here after this incident. I am betting a very depressing scene for Fuuko on this. Also, would like to see if the club will go through or not.

Other no so important things happen.

They is more Youhei in this episode but most of the time it come down to get his ass destroy by either Tomoyo (which is the majority) or Kyou. Also, it doesn't help he doesn't think of what he is trying to do. Man...this guy is so dumb you wonder how he manage to be in the school at all.

You found out a bit more of Tomoyo mostly of how she was surprise that she though she acting like a girl but other people think she act like a boy base on her power when she take down Youhei. Also, she is sensitive from this which might mean something did happen in the past in the previous school she attended.

A very funny scene with Ryou and Nagisa where Nagisa want to ask her for help with the drama club. That entire scene and the set up is funny as it turn into a romantic scene as Ryou though it was someone who will confess his love to her. Make it more funny when Kyou found out and get piss at the two guys. A very good scene to laugh at for how they set it up.

Also, Fuuko, she liking her a bit when she went into this happy time and Tomoya use this to put his drink into her nose. Man...she is too easy to poke fun.

Other than that, the episode is okay. Still too many random stuff throw into this episode which doesn't really push the story development much. Only when the important came out, then you start to see the storyline start to develop a bit. I do hope it get interesting and maybe tone down some of the random stuff a bit as it become a distracting issue now.

Also, too many characters to follow which isn't helping much to know more about all of them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom