• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Seriously, I would have been throwing shit... My poor phone or Vita would have been trashed.

Oh, man... I watched it a year after it ended, but my friends were really into it when it was airing, and that year had some BS scheduling. Code Geass emerged along with Death Note to be the shit of Fall 2006, but after episode 23 there was nothing. I don't remember what happened, but there was a long delay for the final two episodes. They waited from March until the end of July to see 24 and 25 and everyone lost their minds at the end.

I could imagine you getting impatient having to wait for those 4 months, lolol

Cornbread78

and the first episode of s2 was great too

Looking forward to it.

At least you can just pick up Season 2 immediately instead of waiting a year like everyone else had to.

True, I'll start Wed. night... still doesn't mean that cliffhanger wasn't a kick to the balls, lol.

THE RIDE NEVERS ENDS
on to pizzahut season 2 please
i remember that year. SkullMan was robbed.[/QUOTE]

Nice, it's been about 10 episodes since CC last ate some good ol'pizza hut.

[quote="Shard, post: 217446995"]PSP.[/QUOTE]

True, 2007.... lol

yeah, because you are a dog.

Fs4Vszs.jpg

JCG

R2 has like double the amount of Kallen booty-shots and other assorted random swimsuits and stuff.
all i remember is that shot of kallen in a tank top where half the screen is her ass but you can still see her underboob. bravo sunrise.

It's less Sunrise and more Takahiro Kimura. The man has no shame, but it works out for him.

Even R2 does not have nearly as much fanservice as Godannar (probably NSFW), which should still be the reigning champion in this category as far as mecha anime is concerned.

It's also a fun Super Robot show that people should watch if they can deal with the tons of T&A.

Baalzebup

Fuck, I missed that scene! Why the
fuck was she fucking the table? Who was she mind fucking?

Lol, how the hell did I miss that?

She was looking at a picture of Euphie. Why do you think she flipped out so badly when Euphienator was killed? She quite literally built a nuke to avenge her death. Takes some crazy level of obsession to do that, even for an Einstein.

Sterok

I feel bad that I have no almost interest in watching more Ojamajo Doremi. I like what I've seen a lot and want to see what happens, but I can't drudge up the will to continue it. Meanwhile I've blown through stuff like Miracle Girls and Full Moon wo Sagashite in a week. I don't get it.

Cornbread78

She was looking at a picture of Euphie. Why do you think she flipped out so badly when Euphienator was killed?

Oh shit... It all makes sense now. I knew her feelings were unhealthy, but damn... Now they have to stop her from
blowing up everything Japan, lol

I feel bad that I have no almost interest in watching more Ojamajo Doremi. I like what I've seen a lot and want to see what happens, but I can't drudge up the will to continue it. Meanwhile I've blown through stuff like Miracle Girls and Full Moon wo Sagashite in a week. I don't get it.

Watch Tatami Galaxy with us for the next couple weeks!

Line_HTX

Because Euphemia prevented Nina from getting shot at that hotel hostage thing way way back, and Nina was like, I dunno,
got a picture of her and humping the corner of the table ferociously.

Cornbread78

Because Euphemia prevented Nina from getting shot at that hotel hostage thing way way back, and Nina was like, I dunno,

Lol, yeah, I remember that part as well as their reunion and Niba jumping in front of her car to get a sleepover with the princess, lol.

JCG

Since I am already dropping names, the "behind-the-scenes" reason for the table stuff is probably the fact Hiroyuki Yoshino wrote that episode.

I don't feel like making a full list of his weird sex or fanservice-related ideas right now. By the way, he is also the main writer for the upcoming Shūmatsu no Izetta project.

Verelios

I made the mistake of watching Code Geass S1 with family since they were interested in this 'anime' thing that recently became popular. You can laugh off a shower scene, panning ass and boob shots, jiggle physics, oddly sexual mecha riding but this, this had me sweating.

I'm at episode 19, haven't really been keeping up with the show regularly, since it wasn't really the most exciting thing, especially the second arc.
Would you say is it still worth it to finish the remaining episodes, and to get an ending, since i already invested quite a lot of time into it?

Guess I did well in putting a hold on it right there. These impressions lead me to believe I shouldn't bother with the rest.

For this season's mecha show, just go watch Kuromukuro if you guys didn't watch that.
The start is slow but not stupid, and it keep going uphill after episode 13.

Line_HTX

I made the mistake of watching Code Geass S1 with family since they were interested in this 'anime' thing that recently became popular. You can laugh off a shower scene, panning ass and boob shots, jiggle physics, oddly sexual mecha riding but this, this had me sweating.

:lol

I uh... watched all 167 eps of Inuyasha with my parents when it was airing on Adult Swim Action. They liked it like they were watching their period dramas with supernatural elements and feudal setting.

:|

:lol

I uh... watched all 167 eps of Inuyasha with my parents when it was airing on Adult Swim Action. They liked it like they were watching their period dramas with supernatural elements and feudal setting.

:|
"line HTx doesn't dad look kawaii with the soup in his mustache"

"ugh mooooooom staaaaaahp"

Almost forget to say, Macross Delta is basically anime version of No Man's Sky, had a strong start but then end up nothing.
Only difference is at least you don't need paid $60 to know how bad it is.

JCG

Code Geass lol. Yoshino is JCG's favorite writer!!!!!

:p

He's only my "favorite" writer in terms of talking shit about him. :p

I do give him some credit for writing Macross Frontier. That's pretty much all.

My favorite writer would be Imagawa. But I guess that's almost cheating since the man is capable of doing everything (except making his mecha shows sell).

Mushishi Zoku Sho 15

The animation in this episode was looser, more cartoony than is typical for the show. I wonder if that's because the animation was partially outsourced to Kinema Citrus.

LuffyZoro

Re:Zero had a 'nice' ending, especially since we don't know if another season is coming. Subaru's love for Emilia seemed over the top, but what else is new. I liked Betelgeuse in it.

The end of New Game! was satisfying, and the epilogue was hilarious. Overall, good show.

Mob Psycho was hype af. Next episode when.

I'm 33 episodes into Bakuman and holy shit this main character is one of the most insufferable and unlikable I've ever run across. He seems so whiney and entitled. Manga is almost like a drug and these last two episodes are his OD and subsequent intervention. But rather than reflect on his problems, he's openly hostile to everyone who is concerned for his wellbeing and convinces everyone he can handle another hit. Is this really a MC that people are supposed to relate to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom