• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re;Creators, Episodes 16 - Is it wrong that I want the Elimination Chamber to actually be held in the WWE cage?

Elimination-Chamber-645x370.jpg

Kakegurui 5:
Really fun episode (especially with Mr. Boring barely around). Mary is the absolute best, and I love how simple yet effective the con they pulled was. Not the best episode of the show, but it was a really entertaining watch. I need more of Yumeko and Mary together now, because they make a great pair.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Konosuba Season 2 Episode 5

I am guessing Darkness wish came true since she was taken over by a demon Lol. This show is extremely ridiculous.

Aqua is so damn useless and dumb, but so helpful. I like her character lmao. She acts like a whiny brat.

All hail explosion magic.

Nice Bakuretsu

ibyea

Banned
Dunkirk (rewatch)
This movie is amazing when the theater sound system isn't trying to drill a hole through your ears. Fuck the other movie theater.

Also, The Prestige is still best Nolan movie.

Hamst3r

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - End - I wish they had just stuck with the direction the ending was heading. But noOoOooOoo.

Once I realized there was absolutely nothing for me to watch in CR this season I just decided to go for MHA and Code Geass instead, which was definitely the right call. This season had just too many shows that were bad enough for me to drop them before even finishing their first episode (Angel's 3piece, Fox Spirit Matchmaker, Touken Ranbu, Nora Princess and whatever, as well as that Gyaru show), the Yuri NTR thing, which I didn't drop until ep3 only because it was a short, and Tsurezure Children, which might be one of the better shows I got to watch on CR this season, but still wasn't watch-worthy IMO.

My personal worst seasonal show award goes to Galaxy Tylor, which I was excited about only for the time it took me to click on the link to the official site and look at what was in store for me. Dropped day -1, and it looks like I was sadly right about that as well...

There's always more MHA and the incoming Owari Pt.2 specials (yes!), but then again they're sequels to stuff I already liked before, so I don't think they count as far as seasonal stuff is concerned. At this rate, I'll probably just wait for the season to be close to ending before deciding to watch the shows people actually liked (if there actually end up being any worthwhile ones, that is).

I can't blame tbh. I myself am waiting for fall season to come so I can see Kekkai Sensen season 2 (season 1 was damn good), Ancient Magus Bride (Manga is amazing), and Full Metal Panic. Plus I am also just finishing some of my backlog.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 66

I think I know what warring console fans look like from the outside now. Fans are so petty for nothing. I must admit the designer being terrified at Yume having an idea was hilarious. Yume gets the big speech to unite everyone in their love of all idols, the stage is set for her to get wings, and.... no wings. Only Yume can deliver an anti-climax that hard. Though at least we got someone winning from the previous episode. That doesn't happen too often. Kirara is still an awful person, and I love her for it. Venus Ark really needs someone besides the sheep though.

Konosuba Season 2 Episode 6

Vandir is still alive lol. Kazuma dies again only to see Eris again. Seems like hes fallen in love with her lmao. Can't blame him when he is surround by idiots. I mean Aqua is what got him killed.

Lol at Megumin writing holy sword excalibur. That Aqua smirk tho.

LotusHD

Banned
Konosuba Season 2 Episode 6

Vandir is still alive lol. Kazuma dies again only to see Eris again. Seems like hes fallen in love with her lmao. Can't blame him when he is surround by idiots. I mean Aqua is what got him killed.

Lol at Megumin writing holy sword excalibur. That Aqua smirk tho.

SelfishMagnificentAcaciarat-size_restricted.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The story takes place in Universal Century 0089. The magazine describes the manga's protagonist Mashiro Oaks as a high school student on Side 2 Colony "Olympus." He gets the high score on a game titled "Walpurgis Night" and, by distributing the video on an underground network, he gets noticed. The tagline reads, "Young Man, defy your cursed fate!!"
thinking.gif

Defuser

MHA ep 30
Shit, this might the best fight so far in all 30 episode of MHA. So much impact and Stain gave such a Hate/Bloodlust aura that that really overwhelms everybody. The director did a fantastic job portraying that overwhelming aura.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I watched episode 4 of Made in Abyss and was also wondering why the adults are so irresponsible lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They exploit orphans for life-risking labor as casually as 18th century Britain.

ibyea

Banned
Further thoughts on Texhnolyze
Forgot to post this short write up when I finished the show.

Firstly, after finishing the show, I still thought the best episode of the show was episode 19 when they go to the surface, and also the most depressing. See, even though literally everyone dies in the final episode, at least by that point you know this is inevitable and you are just going along for the ride. Episode 19 is it truly hits you how utterly pointless everything is, and everyone is going to die. It is also a great episode for other reasons than that, but I am bringing this up for my next point.

This is not a nihilist show, which I thought it was going to be at first thanks to the aforementioned episode. Firstly, part of the reason everything dies in the first place is because people resign themselves for the end to happen, whether because of apathy after having achieved the final stages of evolution, or because they decide that the seer's prophecies are inevitable, though they are not since the beginning of the show told us she only sees possibilities. In essence, it is more of a warning against apathy. The other big reason is that in the finale, there are two people who gets dignified death. Onishi gets one because instead of surrendering to insanity, he dies doing one last task for the city. Ichise gets one because he dies trying to protect what little he has left to protect, even if he fails. In the end, you can see him dying without regret. Basically, despite their actions not changing anything, their attempt to fight the inevitable fulfills them. In essence, this is a show rooted in the concept of absurdism. Very much like the Myth of Sysiphus, where Albert Camus concludes that the very act of rolling the rock uphill fills Sysiphus with contentment once he has reached acceptance of his hopeless situation.

So in a certain point of view, this is an inspirational show! :p
No, it's not.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusion 1 - 8
This is an awesome show. It's really funny and the action/fighting scenes are surprisingly epic. I wasn't expecting the shift in tone in the last episodes
when it turns out the fantasy world is a coping mechanism for Rikka.

Narag

DnqeOey.jpg

Can't wait to watch my first Persona anime and experience the disappointment the rest of you regularly feel with a Persona anime adaptation.

jonjonaug

I hope CR/Funi get it so they meme up the simuldub by having the main villain repeat Trump slogans causing bad twitter drama from horrible anime dorks

kewlmyc

DnqeOey.jpg

Can't wait to watch my first Persona anime and experience the disappointment the rest of you regularly feel with a Persona anime adaptation.

So I'm guessing we're getting some P5 spinoffs next year and the anime will be jumpstarting that push if the P4 anime was anything to go off of.

moogs

Neo Member
Guilty Crown 06-07

The satellite weapon is probably unconstitutional and unapproved by other nations, but never mind that because it's time for a confessional man to man. Then Shu punches the injured Gai, who just survived a satellite attack, because he doesn't want anyone getting hurt. During the episode's mission, Inori mows down security guards using a double side grip. Realizing that Inori is a lost cause, Shu has decided to court Gai instead since they got to hold hands under a spontaneous aurora. In exchange for saving Tokyo from destruction, the terrorist group Undertaker has demanded that Shu be allowed to go back to school. They really have no significant interests beyond sending their trump card into a vulnerable environment?

Is firing anti-aircraft missiles sideways in order to shoot at a ship count as side grip as well? Shu aborts his second official mission to spy on his mother instead, which he happens to call by first name and who brazenly seeks out "skinship" from him. So Undertaker is fine with stealing an Endlave and a Void Genome but miscellaneous military supplies must be bought through legitimate means?

The show has hit its stride marvelously. Everything that transpired during the yacht ride was dazzling.

Defuser

YOU NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIINGGG! It was only a matter of time. Oh sweet sweet animated Makoto, truly the best girl.

DnqeOey.jpg

That depends, who is directing? Seiji Kishi shouldn't touch it after what he did for P4 animation.

Jex

After watching Shin Godzilla I think it would be best for Anno to never direct anything Evangelion related again. The only way a 4th Rebuild movie would be acceptable is if there was no Angels, no EVA units, no large scale destruction. When Anno is backed into the corner of returning to those same concepts again within the Evangelion universe the results are underwhelming.

Narag

After watching Shin Godzilla I think it would be best for Anno to never direct anything Evangelion related again. The only way a 4th Rebuild movie would be acceptable is if there was no Angels, no EVA units, no large scale destruction. When Anno is backed into the corner of returning to those same concepts again within the Evangelion universe the results are underwhelming.

Just let him dump whatever he wants out as the last Rebuild movie so he can finally be free

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Konosuba rewatch Season 2

I somehow forgot how tremendous Season 2's gags were despite the insanely shitty animation quality. Kazuma truly is unrivaled in the art of sexual harassment. I'm watching the marriage meeting episode and I'm dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom