• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Daisuki is going the way of he dinosaur, no more premium membership and only beyblade and dbs get updates :(

Beyblade Burst Episode 34 - 36

This can be so fun and embarrassing at times, I really love school club stuff and some of the fights and even non fight moments Go Beigoma.

Zac's team loss was the most shocking thing ever.

Love and Lies 1

Interesting premise, cute scenes and it was generally an enjoyable premiere. It certainly reminds me a lot of Scum's Wish, but I believe it's much more tame. Still, passionate kiss from the first episode, that's something. Also, KanaHana.

Tfw Hanabi and Moka lost so hard they changed series entirely.

Is weird to have NotKanaHana voicing Hanabi when KanaHana is voicing NotHanabi.

Aho Girl 01

PZdCOQz.jpg
xtRMfBp.jpg

Welp this might be the funny show of the show because I was actually chuckling most of the time I was watching it.

Tonton

So remember how I was asking if Crunchyroll had removed Hanasku Iroha since I wasn't seeing the episodes on its website

Turns out if I use the Apple TV app i can watch it just fine but i still can't see it in the website

How bizarre

blurr

Kado: The Right Answer 10

Surprise! it's summer and I'm posting Kado.

I can see how things are rubbing off people the wrong way but I'm frankly not entirely taken aback by these events. Kado has been constantly fascinating me with the scale of things and the questions it brings up which isn't enough for most I suppose but I love this perspective it has towards/take on the Universe and humanity, flawed as it may be. It's really sad that the otherwise diplomatic/debatable approach to zaShunina's offers is not even considered for this final request. It's almost as though he expected it and was afraid of it but it wasn't the least bit apparent. Of course tangentially, the production for this show is supposed to go for no more than 12 episodes.

While Shindo is glorified as the ideal human/specimen for joining the anisotropic, this episode makes it clear that he's replacable for zaShunina's needs. It's not clear if he's replacable for other humans since the difference isn't apparent, I guess this is the dividing line that the show wants to highlight eventually. Going by what I've read of the later episodes, I'm not so sure.

phaze

YYH's first ten episodes are supremely bad to straight laughable. If Naruto began like that it would never live it down. /salt

Tsuredure Children 01

So far fulfilling my hopes of being a pretty nice adaptation. These simplistic designs take a while to get used to when in motion but at least you can almost discern various male characters. Wow at the Student Council President skit though, I didn't remember that scene being so out there.

Wait a minute

When I'm on my notebook it doesn't appear but when I'm on my PC it does??

Could this have to do with the fact that my notebook has the site in pt-br while my pc has it in english?

this is how it is on my notebook

Does the video still play on your notebook if you used the direct link to an episode?

Kado: The Right Answer 10

Surprise! it's summer and I'm posting Kado.

I can see how things are rubbing off people the wrong way but I'm frankly not entirely taken aback by these events. Kado has been constantly fascinating me with the scale of things and the questions it brings up which isn't enough for most I suppose but I love this perspective it has towards/take on the Universe and humanity, flawed as it may be. It's really sad that the otherwise diplomatic/debatable approach to zaShunina's offers is not even considered for this final request. It's almost as though he expected it and was afraid of it but it wasn't the least bit apparent. Of course tangentially, the production for this show is supposed to go for no more than 12 episodes.

While Shindo is glorified as the ideal human/specimen for joining the anisotropic, this episode makes it clear that he's replacable for zaShunina's needs. It's not clear if he's replacable for other humans since the difference isn't apparent, I guess this is the dividing line that the show wants to highlight eventually. Going by what I've read of the later episodes, I'm not so sure.

The Developments of 9-11 are... okay, is I guess how I'd put it. It's really only Episode 12 I feel just goes completely, and utterly insane. I'll be interested to see how you react to the ending.

Narag

Wait a minute

Could this have to do with the fact that my notebook has the site in pt-br while my pc has it in english?

Is one device on a vpn but not the other?

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Wait a minute

i just tested it and it's exactly what you said, go to the bottom of the page and change the language to english, it should appear.

Jex

Fate/Apocrypha 1

Blah blah setup whatever let's focus on what's really important.

What the fuck is this chess game?

Why are they playing on a 7x7 board? Why do they have pawns (friend and foe) on their back rows? Shouldn't those pawns have advanced? And what about that big cu-

Where's the king? Don't pawns take pieces diagonally?

I hope this guy gets destroyed.
I can only assume this is an elaborate Code Geass in-joke.

Jex

YYH's first ten episodes are supremely bad to straight laughable. If Naruto began like that it would never live it down. /salt
'Supremely Bad' seems to putting it a little too harshly. I mean, it's not like Deadman Wonderland levels of bad, the opening of YYH is just fairly 'average'.

Tonton

i just tested it and it's exactly what you said, go to the bottom of the page and change the language to english, it should appear.

Thanks, I couldn't figure out where to change it that's exactly the problem lol

Seems this show only has English subtitles despite being available in here maybe that's why it doesn't show up when the site is in Portuguese

Hmm, Gintama, which only has English and Portuguese subs disappears if I set the language to Spanish, seems that's it

lbsa

Love and Lies - 01

Ok, finally something that is interesting this season. Pretty decent first episode even though the premise is as subtle as a brick to the face. The scene when she showed him the eraser was a bit silly as well.

I wonder how long were those government agents stalking him just to give him a paper. That was creepy.

Tsurezure Children - 01

Decent enough to watch, but it lacks the punch the original comic has, being a 4-koma.
At least it will be easier to see who is who, with the different hair colors and voices!

jett

D-Member
Hajime no Ippo - New Challenger - Episode 15

I just want to chime in and say that this show has absolutely the worst referees of all-time.

Aho Girl 01

Welp this might be the funny show of the show because I was actually chuckling most of the time I was watching it.

This was absolutely hilarious. Had my wife in tears.

Tsurezure Children - 01

Decent enough to watch, but it lacks the punch the original comic has, being a 4-koma.
At least it will be easier to see who is who, with the different hair colors and voices!

Yeah I feel the same, though I never read the manga. After Aho Girl it was a bit of a let down. Still amusing though.

Hyouka (Dub), Episode 3 - Funimation uploaded the first half of the series to their streaming service today. I'm enjoying it so far. Pretty solid casting all around and I like the pretty chill atmosphere of the group trying to solve an old mystery from their school. I like that Funimation case newcomers to play the four leads rather than playing it safe and going with their reoccurring talent pool.The actress playing Chitanda is a little flat, but not to the point of being distracting.

CrimsonN0

yeah just noticed lmao. So much for wholesome, but maybe it won't be the norm?

Isekai Shokudou 1

Seems like it'll be fairly enjoyable but it's hard to tell from one episode alone. If they keep the tone from this episode and the fan service at a minimum, then I'm game. I would prefer it it stayed entirely on the restaurant and not transform into an unnecessary plot of a battle for the restaurant and other bad fantasy anime plots you might expect. If this has a source material and others have read it, I'd appreciate a heads up if it keeps this restaurant setting the whole way through with episodes just revolving around the food and the guests in each episode.
Hmm, well, I've read 19 chapters or so and it has kept the restaurant setting. I guess some of the guests are adventurers or soldiers so there might be a fight or two in the first half of a guest's story, but when they get to the restaurant it's all food.
Then again, I don't really remember there being a demon girl in those chapters, though, she is on the cover, so maybe she's actually the last chapter of the first LN volume? Or maybe I've been reading the Web Novel version and the Light Novel tried adding a follow-through story?

Wood Man

Restaurant to Another World ep1

I can already tell this is going to be my favorite of the season. It's a chill show with fantasy and tasty food. I'm sold. Now I want a beer

Restaurant-to-Another-World-300x167.jpg

Hyouka (Dub), Episodes 4-5 - I really dug the gradual reveal of the truth of what happened to
Chitanda's Uncle.
I also like how Oreki grows more invested in these mysteries despite his insistence otherwise.

Love and Lies - 01

Ok, finally something that is interesting this season. Pretty decent first episode even though the premise is as subtle as a brick to the face. The scene when she showed him the eraser was a bit silly as well.

I wonder how long were those government agents stalking him just to give him a paper. That was creepy.

That shit was Men in Black tier.

I wouldn't trust an Government who cockblocks teenagers at 12AM with agents dressed in black suit.

phaze

'Supremely Bad' seems to putting it a little too harshly. I mean, it's not like Deadman Wonderland levels of bad, the opening of YYH is just fairly 'average'.

The godtier DW OP alone puts it above !

It's also much funnier and entertaining.

I disagree.

I'm verily shocked. ;p

Aho Girl 01
Finally found my anime soulmate.

Quite a surprise since this wasn't on my radar at all. Consistently, more or less, funny throughout the entire ep which more than I can say for most comedies, some stuff is a bit too low brow for my tastes but still, will return for more for sure.

Inou Battle 10

Andou's harem MC powers are getting stronger and stronger by the minute.

Aho Girl 01

Finally found my anime soulmate.

Quite a surprise since this wasn't on my radar at all. Consistently, more or less, funny throughout the entire ep which more than I can say for most comedies, some stuff is a bit too low brow for my tastes but still, will return for more for sure.

This is one of my favorite boons to checking out the whole season. Stumbling upon some show you'd written off from the name, or the PV, or you just never heard of because it wasn't leaving a mark on anyone and then bam, it's so surprisingly good.

Bungou - 12

Competently directed rubbish. Well, I was told I wouldn't like it so I can't complain. Am surprised, though, that this found any recognition here. I can only assume people liked it for the visuals and funny expressions.

703X Episode 1
DD60NLVUQAEjG6b.jpg:small
DD61FAMUIAAkYiP.jpg:small

Yes this quiz bowl anime is as good as I wanted it to be, if only it could be more than 12 episodes. I loved the whole display of quiz bowl.

Also all the characters are so good both male and female. Lead character Koshiyama is perfect.

Mrs. Green Apple has given us the best OP thus far.

Narag

Bungou - 12

Competently directed rubbish. Well, I was told I wouldn't like it so I can't complain. Am surprised, though, that this found any recognition here. I can only assume people liked it for the visuals and funny expressions.
Please check out the beginning of S2 at the very least. Show as a whole wasn't winning most over until that. Overall tone of the next four is somewhat more somber.

phaze

Bungou - 12

Watch the prequel arc and like it or if not; perish.

Jarmel

Banned
The second cour is a lot better.

That said the next to last arc in the first cour (not the American introduction stuff) is much better than the earlier material.

Kakegurui 1

Well, it's certainly an interesting premise. That is one jazzy OP.

I hope it picks up a bit more in the following episodes. A lot of potential and promise here.

I'm a couple of episodes behind on Dragon Ball, I left off when Goku suggested they recruit Whirpool, has the tournament started yet? I don't know if I should catch up, then let a couple of episodes of the tournament pile up in my backlog.

Bungou - 12

I like Bungo Stray Dogs above all because it has masterful sound direction of the like rarely seen in anime. Having roughly appropriate music, sound effects, and voice acting is not too uncommon, but to perfectly plan out each detail to happen at the right time and orchestrated just so with the visual pacing is a rare thrill that will always capture my heart.

Aiii

So not worth it
I enjoyed 703X. Innovative use of the pantsu plot device.

Also really enjoyed Aho Girl. Finally a waifu that likes bananas as much as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom