• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
I forget did we finish the Moon Banquet Festival Arc in a single episode (as the guide I am looking at said it was the 13th episode of soma), or is that what you are referring to because the arc after that Central arc is pure garbage.

I mean the moon banquet festival wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

Season 2 ends with the conclusion of the Stagiaire Arc.

There is an OVA releasing tomorrow with Vol 25 of the manga in Japan and that is covering the
tea ceremony where the Elite 10 is introduced.
We should begin S3 with the Moon Banquet Festival

just marked that in spoilers just in case

Quasar

Question about Hyouka.

Ive been meaning to watch it since it is finally available in the US legally, but i honestly have no idea if id even like it. Seems like a high school mystery thing whose quality would be completely based on execution above all else.

Is it worth watching if I

Hated Sound Euphonium
Loved Dragon Maid
So-So on K-On

Given your ehem tastes, I'd say no, you'd hate it.

Thoraxes

tumblr_nmhg3rrfrH1s5f9ado1_540.gif
eupho17vlutm.png

zulux21

Season 2 ends with the conclusion of the Stagiaire Arc.

There is an OVA releasing tomorrow with Vol 25 of the manga in Japan and that is covering the
tea ceremony where the Elite 10 is introduced.
We should begin S3 with the Moon Banquet Festival

just marked that in spoilers just in case

ah I guess we just touched on that arc then. I couldn't remember. season 2 burned through things so quickly it was hard to remember if they burned through that as well lol.

Third Plate trailer didn't even look terrible, just showing the characters. How is that terrible?

manga readers know what comes next. And we know just how terrible it is.
after it gets past the moon banquet arc hands down the rest of season 3 will be the worst the soma has offered including the not great start of the series it has.

pretty much everything about the next arc after that is just terrible. tons of battle tropes used, and none of them in a good way. obviously I won't go into details because i don't want to spoil anything for people. But keep your expectations in check.

and this is coming from someone who thinks highly of soma in general as a solid series :p

Quasar

pretty much everything about the next arc after that is just terrible. tons of battle tropes used, and none of them in a good way. obviously I won't go into details because i don't want to spoil anything for people. But keep your expectations in check.

and this is coming from someone who thinks highly of soma in general as a solid series :p

Its terrible? I better stop reading then.

Jintor

Question about Hyouka.

Ive been meaning to watch it since it is finally available in the US legally, but i honestly have no idea if id even like it. Seems like a high school mystery thing whose quality would be completely based on execution above all else.

Is it worth watching if I

Hated Sound Euphonium
Loved Dragon Maid
So-So on K-On

if you didn't like sound eupho you won't like hyouka in any way

also not liking sound eupho is punishable by death around these parts

if you didn't like sound eupho you won't like hyouka in any way

also not liking sound eupho is punishable by death around these parts

I'd say Hyouka is easily a tier above Eupho and they're not so similar that I'd be surprised by someone liking one but not the other. Especially if the band nostalgia wasn't exactly a boon for them.

Also, let's not forget that Eupho S2 sucked (relatively).

Qurupeke

Love and Lies 1
Interesting premise, cute scenes and it was generally an enjoyable premiere. It certainly reminds me a lot of Scum's Wish, but I believe it's much more tame. Still, passionate kiss from the first episode, that's something. Also, KanaHana.

Love and Lies 1

Interesting premise, cute scenes and it was generally an enjoyable premiere. It certainly reminds me a lot of Scum's Wish, but I believe it's much more tame. Still, passionate kiss from the first episode, that's something. Also, KanaHana.

Not that big eyes are anything new in anime, but those certainly look unsettling.

Quasar

The Restaurant To Another World #1 - With the dragon I wonder what happens to her satedness when she transforms back.

Its a food show, so it was pretty much a no brainer that I'd like it.

Elegant Days At the Youkai Apartment #1 - Was alright. A yokai show, thats right up my proverbial. With no more Natsume, I guess this will do.

Is the commercial model for television essentially the same in Japan as in America?

Love and Lies 1

The two main girls looked like they just wandered in from Scum's Wish.

Just T

The director put the rock music in the film because he discovered during the process of making it that the author of the original manga would often listen to rock music while working and wanted to pay tribute to her.
Ah so that's the reason, interesting, thanks for the info.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Love and Lies Episode 1:

Okay, this took me a bit by surprise in that the romance isn't god awful and seems to be based on actual human emotions instead of the usual anime emotions written by thousand year old robots that only have a vague notion of what humanity is. That being said, while the actual leads have real chemistry and passion not enough time has passed nor are the leads interesting enough in their own right to fully pull off the coupling at this stage. Also, I have so many questions about this governmental arrangement system that I hope get answered as the series unfurls.

blurr

Love and Lies Episode 1:

Okay, this took me a bit by surprise in that the romance isn't god awful and seems to be based on actual human emotions instead of the usual anime emotions written by thousand year old robots that only have a vague notion of what humanity is. That being said, while the actual leads have real chemistry and passion not enough time has passed nor are the leads interesting enough in their own right to fully pull off the coupling at this stage. Also, I have so many questions about this governmental arrangement system that I hope get answered as the series unfurls.

I got curious about how you went from romance to that and looked up concept/setting of the show - WHAT

Love and Lies Episode 1:

The manga moves like molasses so I'm kind of curious how fast they will try to move through material here and if they write their own ending.

Defuser

Fate Apocrypha ep 1

George Lucas called. He wants his droids Golems back.

So not only we got mythology heroes but we also got a baddie that is Vlad the impaler type of guy, so we gonna pull in real life serial killers now? Are we gonna see a Jack the ripper type of person.etc?

Now this is a Holy War I can get into. An actual full out war with 14 servants clashing instead of a 7 servant skirmish with poor progression like in FS/N/UBW.

zulux21

Its terrible? I better stop reading then.

the current arc in the manga is doing better again but the stuff leading up to it is just ugh.
some people will likely be able to tolerate it better, but most people find the story in the arc very poorly done.

Ascheroth

Fate/Apocrypha 01

Well it's Fate.
And this time a 7v7 team grail battle. Will likely be fun.

Previous season wrap-up:

SukaSuka 12 (END)

That music at the end wasn't fair. Damn. Otherwise I didn't really feel all that sad at the end, probably more annoyed at the abruptness.
That said, while I didn't like a few things here and there, it was a fun watch.

Now to finish up ID-0 and Kado, and probably catch up with Bahamut.

Blast from the past:

Flippedy Floppedy Flappers 10-13 (END)

Was kind of in the mood to finish this up, so I did.
I didn't actually mind the more serious direction it took, I even liked the flashback quite a bit. I liked how all the worlds played into the finale.
Visually it was a feast for the eyes from the beginning to end, but Cocona and Papika interactions are as fun as watching paper dry after a while.
Still enjoyed it overall quite a bit.

Qurupeke

Garo 2-6

It's a bit slow. Other than that, I think I'm enjoying the monster of the week type of stories, for now. Also, German is awesome. Much better than Mr. Teen Angst.

Well, there is a sexy naked dragon lady, just we don't gaze at her as much.

yeah just noticed lmao. So much for wholesome, but maybe it won't be the norm?

Isekai Shokudou 1

Seems like it'll be fairly enjoyable but it's hard to tell from one episode alone. If they keep the tone from this episode and the fan service at a minimum, then I'm game. I would prefer it it stayed entirely on the restaurant and not transform into an unnecessary plot of a battle for the restaurant and other bad fantasy anime plots you might expect. If this has a source material and others have read it, I'd appreciate a heads up if it keeps this restaurant setting the whole way through with episodes just revolving around the food and the guests in each episode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I was just talking anime with a couple of friends yesterday and one said he has never watched Yu Yu Hakusho. So good timing haha. I'll tell him to watch up to the end of the dark tournament.
Dark Tournament doesn't end until inside of season three. First season is a lot of :zzz: honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom