• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraytarJ

First impressions on the season so far:

Restaurant Isekai
I'm not sure what I thought this show would be but I'm happy with what it is so far. Hopefully it'll be a nice food show to carry me to Food Wars next season.

Cleanliness Boy
It was off to a pretty funny start but as is so often the case with stuff like this, the joke was about Aoyama being a clean freak was getting a little old by the end of the first episode. It probably would have helped to be a short instead. Also watching this just made me way to get back into Haikyu.

Tsuredure Children
The standout so far this season. Coming in I heard a lot of people comparing to Tsuki ga Kirei and so far I'm enjoying more than that show since Tsuredure already has the life and energy TgK was so often lacking.

Aho Girl
There were moments but not what I'd call a strong start.

Quiz King
Saving the worst for last. Very boring and generic set up of a somewhat unique premise featuring the epitome of a god awful, lame duck MC.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Knight's & Magic EP1

Soooooo Gooood....its actually just decent but this season is so garbage it really stands out!

blurr

I didn't even know Kemono Friends became such a hit. Wtf makes everybody go mad about?

good voice over work with endearing characters and an intriguing setting

I really feel calling it a "meme" show undercuts its strengths, not saying the fanart/jokes didn't to some extent imbue the enthusiasm I've had but there's more to it than that.

So Ballroom is going to be 2 course it seems; I have no clue where they are going to end it then. If it was one-course the pacing had a perfect stopping point, but it being 24 episodes puts it in a weird ass spot for an ending.

Looks great. Finally we can have something that looks like Panty and Stocking without being too vulgar to recommend to normal people! :D

I don't think it looks like Panty and Stocking. Panty and Stocking was trying to imitate a specific kind of 2000s Cartoon Network aesthetic taken in a crasser direction, whereas The Reflection is not based so much on American cartoons as much as an idealized version of American comics.

Masaki Yamada is the chief animation director. Has he worked with Nagahama before?

Doesn't look like it. The only show I can see that they both worked on was Now and Then, Here and There, and they didn't even work on the same episode in that show.

Grexeno

Thats because I wasn't around much the past few seasons to keep the meme going lol or else I would have shitted on Kono Suba S2 atrocious animation.
ruACUVK.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 14:

So that is what happens when you mix a video game boss level with the power of friendship shonen bullshit.

petran79

Banned
Looks great. Finally we can have something that looks like Panty and Stocking without being too vulgar to recommend to normal people! :D

Masaki Yamada is the chief animation director. Has he worked with Nagahama before?

American cartoons the series was based on were even more vulgar than P&S.

Defuser

Ok, so looking up the web I can only conclude Kemono Friends is a JP equivalent of MLP.

Both are about animals.
Both are about about having pure fun.
Both are unexpected success among adults although it's aimed at children.

So now can I call people Bromono?

Ok, so looking up the web I can only conclude Kemono Friends is a JP equivalent of MLP.

Both are about animals.

It's late night anime, so it's not aimed at kids

I just watched Kuzu No Honkai.
Holy fuck the show doesn't hold back from the start. It's a fucking mess at the start but I can't stop watching.

tenor.gif

blurr

Both are about animals.

Close enough from an outsider's perspective.

I've heard more than one person say that.

YGO VRAINS! Episode 8

So glad Blue Angel is out of commission so we can move on to some real plot. Feel bad for Zaizen but the plot kind of means Playmaker wont be losing in the next duel

I'll be the first to say I think the second season of KonoSuba's overall quality of animation was disappointing in comparison to the first, but what caused me to drop it early in winter wasn't the art but the humor, which wasn't up to the standards set by the first season in the first few episodes, though I know I'm in the minority in that respect. I'll catch up with it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom