• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Sun and Moon 27

rACAW50.jpg

where tho?

Pleasantly surprised Russian Yuri isnt some edgelord. But really wheres your mom at?

Pokemon Sun and Moon 28

Youre telling me people and Pokemon play baseball in the same league? With psychic types as outfielders? Machamp as a batter? This aint addin up.

Awesome episode

-Minsc-

Project Blue Earth SOS - Episode 1

2:58 in, Lotta Brest. My inner juvenile is snickering.

I've reached the end of the opening credits. No idea if this show will be any good but it has sold me on a sort of coolness so far. I'm going to stick with this one all the way, just because. Time for aliens.

edit: Lotta Brest is the kid, I should have known.

edit 2: OK, the show is set in what looks like a 1930's or 1950's (not sure which) view of the future and by the end of the first episode turned into Independence Day. I like this.

Gosick, Completed - So I watched this series as Funimation released them onto their site. Ended up enjoying it far more than I expected. Kujo and Victorique were a pretty good pair and played off one another well. I don't normally take for "Tsundere" characters, but the writers did a good job keeping Victorique's bratiness in the tolerable realm. The mini adventures were pretty so-so, but once they got into the meat of the circumstances of Victorique's backstory I was engaged.

Would watch again.

Narag

Why is this suddenly the gateway Gundam show for so many people now?

Seriously, G Gundam, War in the Pocket, The 0079 Movie Trilogy. These are all way better places to start.

I mean, yeah you could start with IBO if you really wanted to, but these are classics.
Toonami and Streaming availability is why

Dive!! Episode 10

Yoichi bringing the injured Tomo all those floweres was the best.

Im sad Tomo's two other friends didnt even show up to visit him. I thought theyd still stay friends somewhat.

Too bad next episode is the last one, Ill miss this show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Why is this suddenly the gateway Gundam show for so many people now?

Seriously, G Gundam, War in the Pocket, The 0079 Movie Trilogy. These are all way better places to start.

I mean, yeah you could start with IBO if you really wanted to, but these are classics.

Probably because this one is new and shiny.

Fafner Exodus 25

As the episode ended, the soundtrack quoted the Dies Irae ("Day of Wrath") Gregorian chant that has appeared in the works of so many composers throughout history, most famously Rachmaninoff. An appropriate choice for the big showdown, especially as
Mitsuhiro has become a vessel for hatred

casiopao

Probably not. Why ruin the happy note it ends on in season 2?

.......Kaiji being a lazy bum and being stole all of his winning is happy note?

At least right now in the newest arc, he is winning super big bruh. And he is actually facing a huge important character.

Tuck

Which team is making this new Garo anime? If it's the one that made The Animation, I'm interested. If it's the one that made the second show, it's probably gonna suck.

MartyStu

I am puzzled by a number of people who have kept up with gamers until who are surprised that the reprieve from the latest episode was not permanent.

Come on. Have you not been paying attention?

I don't think I can watch another high school rom com drama anime.

Especially not one titled GAMERS! and is about MISUNDERSTANDINGS and RELATIONSHIP ISSUES.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm listening to the MHA S2 OST. What the hell I don't remember it being this good. I'm watching the new season and I'm stunned at how good this is.

This is absurd. Some of these tracks might be the best stuff Hayashi has ever done.

Just good lord at the new 'You Say Run'. My god.

Edit: I think Hayashi is getting better over time. That's stupefying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom