• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osomatsu-san 21

I've just been trying to educate myself on mahjong so I can play the mahjong minigame in Yakuza 0, but I still can't follow the jumble of mahjong terminology at all.

I tried to learn Mahjong in Yakuza 4 because I thought you were forced to play it in order to earn points to get a gold plate for the main story.

And immediately after reading, I immediately said "Fuck that"

See, this would not be a problem if animegaf's resident historian, Nafe, were still around. :(

At least I have not been retconned.

trejo

Cajun's animeGAF threads aren't canon anymore. GIve it up!

It's funny cause I wasn't big on Cajun as a protagonist back then but now that he's been killed off I kinda miss those arcs.

Current season doesn't really have anyone in particular to root for, either...

zulux21

Same with their Roku app. It works like a charm now. Apparently they've recently relaunched the Xbox One app as well.

I can confirm this. I haven't really had any issues with the new app on roku. I haven't played around on the ps4 yet.

only major complaint is that if I watch a series to go to sleep to and I am near the end it will just remove the show from my watching and it can be a pain to select an episode an ep or two back quickly, typically have to do a search in both cases to find the show to select the episode I want.

meanwhile on the pc ap it actually remembers the show even if I watched all the episodes (like netflix) which is nice.

I can confirm this. I haven't really had any issues with the new app on roku. I haven't played around on the ps4 yet.

only major complaint is that if I watch a series to go to sleep to and I am near the end it will just remove the show from my watching and it can be a pain to select an episode an ep or two back quickly, typically have to do a search in both cases to find the show to select the episode I want.

Just the other day I got a Netflix-styled "Are you still watching this show" popup, so I wonder if they recently did a stealth update?

lol what I got none of that

He killed a bear and punched Gon.

#StillABetterDadThanGing

zulux21

Just the other day I got a Netflix-styled "Are you still watching this show" popup, so I wonder if they recently did a stealth update?

nah that has been there as far as I know, but you have to go through at least 5 episodes if not as many as 10 before it shows up. I watch stuff to go to sleep to all the time and when I turn my tv on the next night that is up.

nah that has been there as far as I know, but you have to go through at least 5 episodes if not as many as 10 before it shows up. I watch stuff to go to sleep to all the time and when I turn my tv on the next night that is up.

That's weird, it was the first time it ever popped up for me. I was watching the Tenchi OVAs so the 5 episodes was probably the trigger. I'll try and see if I can get it to do it again to see where it gets flagged at.

zulux21

That's weird, it was the first time it ever popped up for me. I was watching the Tenchi OVAs so the 5 episodes was probably the trigger. I'll try and see if I can get it to do it again to see where it gets flagged at.

yeah I am not really sure how many eps it is....

I started a rewatch of yuyu sorta.
it did the stop thing somewhere in the saint beasts.
then somewhere with the introduction of toguro bros
then near the start of the dark tournament
then like halfway through it lol.

Jarmel

Banned
5vXPxb1.jpg
1365455026114.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tsuredure Children 10

The cringe was worse in the anime than I remember it being.

Why does Gon even care that much about Kite? He knew this dude for a month max.

Tbh Gon is a really abnormal child more so than Killua.

The kid has a extremely twisted personality. It's more apparent later on.

He's basically a psychopath.

Edit: Quite a refreshing take on a Shonen protagonist.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aho Girl 10

I almost cried when Yoshiko tried to simulate clothing damage in a doll vs. Godzilla battle.

blurr

Why does Gon even care that much about Kite? He knew this dude for a month max.

Gon's never come to terms with the loss of a life(regardless of how close that life is). As charming as his sense of innocence and spirit is, he's still a naive and stubborn little boy. Same kid who chose to break his arm or even die than admit defeat in exam so his attitude is not something that just happened over a whim, he's always been that way.

I want to strangle this narrator with my hands.

One of the worst parts of the show. Never have I been so intolerant of a narrator.

JulianImp

#FE
Never played a Persona-style RPG, but I guess I kind of like the whole thing about exploiting enemy weaknesses to set-up attack chains. My only complaint so far would be that the cast is mostly made up of awfully generic anime characterization tropes (pure Tsubasa, go-with-the-flow dense MC Itsuki, the red-haired guy as a literal lancer, Tiki appealing to siscons and their manager being a busty doting big sister), but I'm still holding out hope that the plot manages to avoid going cookie-cutter anime mode.

2011 kinda fucked up in that regard. Basically in the absence of Ging Kite was his father figure and part of the reason he became a hunter

Nah, in that version, like in the manga, he stayed with Gon a few days, tops. A father figure would be if he would have stayed with him at least half a year. Hell, it can be argued he doesn't even reach the 'friend' level, more like an acquaintance.

I love HxH but it doesn't really make sense in the '99 version, in the '11 version, or in the manga.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gon's never come to terms with the loss of a life(regardless of how close that life is). As charming as his sense of innocence and spirit is, he's still a naive and stubborn little boy. Same kid who chose to break his arm or even die than admit defeat in exam so his attitude is not something that just happened over a whim, he's always been that way.

There goes any chance of me ever watching HxH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom