• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

There goes any chance of me ever watching HxH

If it's about spoilers, the one detail I mentioned is borderline insignificant.

I dunno, watching the 2011 HxH Anime dubbed with my wife he doesn't seem to give two shits when people die in the License Exam.

That's true but I'm not sure if those who died were people he actually knew in person, I can't recall who it was at least(IIRC Illumi killed sniper girl who we don't even get properly introduced to).

Coming to terms of death/loss is strongly in relation to someone he knows, while I did mention "no matter how close" I do mean that within the context of people he personally knows at some level. Secondly, in the context of the Chimera ant arc, it was uncalled for, way more than the exam where everyone were aware of what's at stake. I don't particularly find it inconsistent. To reiterate on his attitude on the exam arc, we see a sliver of his rage when he confronts Illumi over making Killua abandon the exam.

javac

pw8bkLl.jpg
was this good?

was this good?

Not amazing, imo, but pretty enjoyable yeah.

That's true but I'm not sure if those who died were people he actually knew in person, I can't recall who it was at least(IIRC Illumi killed sniper girl who we don't even get properly introduced to).

Coming to terms of death/loss is strongly in relation to someone he knows, while I did mention "no matter how close" I do mean that within the context of people he personally knows at some level. Secondly, in the context of the Chimera ant arc, it was uncalled for, way more than the exam where everyone were aware of what's at stake. I don't particularly find it inconsistent. To reiterate on his attitude on the exam arc, we see a sliver of his rage when he confronts Illumi over making Killua abandon the exam.

I can agree with this.

Cornbread78

Basilisk ep.3
Holy crap this is some brutal, over-the-top ninja action. Come on, that dude had no arms, no legs, but had a 10 foot tongue with a sword attached that he swallows when not in use, lol. WTF.

blurr

New Game S2 09

Narumi went from doing nothing to roasting Nenecchi for getting hired over knowing someone which wasn't entirely the case.

javac

The Pokémon Company International and Fathom Events bring the highly anticipated new animated feature film Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! exclusively to movie theatres on Sunday, November 5, and Monday, November 6. This special two-day event explores Ash and Pikachu's first meeting and their adventures as they search for the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh. The pair encounter familiar faces along the way, new characters including Trainers Verity and Sorrel, and even a mysterious new Mythical Pokémon, Marshadow. Challenges and epic Pokémon battles abound in this unique new story about the beginning of one of the most beloved friendships in popular culture. Cinema audiences who attend the showings on November 5 and 6 will also receive a never-before-seen card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game featuring Pikachu wearing its Trainer's hat, as seen in Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! (while supplies last).

Tickets for Canada and the UK will go on sale soon
http://intl.fathomanimation.com/

Just realised that it's showing on my birthday, what better way to celebrate how old I am than to watch some Pokemon in the cinema, 17 years after I watched the first with my mum, poor mum had to endure that in the cinema :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gamers ep 9

OMG Chiaki, you actually went there.

loooooooooooooooooool this anime

The chart needs to be updated.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Caught up with Made in Abyss. It's bothering me that Riko is still so fucking dumb and even her moment to shine battle wise was taken away right when she was going to do it. She doesn't belong anywhere near the Abyss.

Ross61

Caught up with Made in Abyss. It's bothering me that Riko is still so fucking dumb and even her moment to shine battle wise was taken away right when she was going to do it. She doesn't belong anywhere near the Abyss.
Everything that comes from the Abyss is drawn back into it.

MSMrRound

Gamers ep 9

OMG Chiaki, you actually went there.

loooooooooooooooooool this anime

The chart needs to be updated.

Reddit's Daniel already did it. It's now a hexagram instead of a pentagram.

Wait is One Piece gonna end early?

Oda says he wants to end it asap.

That's clickbait and like others mentioned, he already said that dozens of time and he isn't even close yet.

phaze

Zaregoto 06&05&04

I've really no clue who's the culprit. Akari&Teruko, Shinya or the silver haired maid are all possibilities but I can't narrow it down further than that. Part of me thinks this will have a really out of left field solution like
no one is really dead or something.

One annoying thing is that the past case on the island is mentioned, discovered and seemingly known to the protagonists but withhold from the viewers which makes this an uneven playing field.

Sasami-San@Ganbaranai 01

What

the

fuck ?

My sort of Umaru-like, but way creepier set up with glorious Ootsuka in one of main roles suddenly turned into the biggest mindfuck since Soultaker at least.
I really didn't expect this show to be the source for that gif of boob rocket launcher.

Lain

Classroom of the Elie 9

Damnit Koenji!

I was waiting for Ayanokoji to do something given the threat in episode 8 but I guess it'll have to wait for the next episode.

Qurupeke

Kuromukuro [END]

Cool ending, it brings closure but it also leaves material for a potential sequel. I didn't expect the series to bring to the foreground epic star wars, even though it was pretty much a teaser, but it's a nice antithesis to the more earthly tone they built up over its majority.

So, very good show, a PA Works mecha series really seemed quite unique compared to the usual bunch. I think I've already said most of the stuff I wanted to say, but the series managed to develop its characters through "slice of life" moments, if I can say that, and eventually even the tertiary characters had significance. I also enjoyed Yukina and Kennosuke as protagonists a lot.

I guess it's time for Gundam IBO now, I'm craving for more mecha.

I guess it's time for Gundam IBO now, I'm craving for more mecha.

Why is this suddenly the gateway Gundam show for so many people now?

Seriously, G Gundam, War in the Pocket, The 0079 Movie Trilogy. These are all way better places to start.

I mean, yeah you could start with IBO if you really wanted to, but these are classics.

Chase17

Gintama 43
One of the best episodes so far. Everyone trying to replace Kagura as the heroine was great. Didn't realize Otose was the voice actor for Orochimaru. I'm glad some of the jokes are explained lol.

End of the episode was setting up breaking Elizabeth out of jail. Should be good.

Lain

Got to learn what the CE for Your Name is gonna have in Italy and it feels pretty packed.

BD movie + DVD Movie, Bonus BD disc, OST CD, 100 pages booklet, 10 postcards, some reproduction of the film, a bracelet and a poster, all for 54,99€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom