• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Nana Maru San Batsu ep 1
I read the few chapters of the manga for this but I kinda forgot about this when translations have stopped. I forgot how good this series is because it's competitive and full of predictions and trivia.

Now people saying the main heroine voice is bad, now maybe they are exaggerati......Holy fucking shit she is so fucking bad, she's not even putting in effort, how in the blue hell did she got the main part? I don't even think she went to seiyuu school.

Just T

Little Witch Academia: 1

Meant to been start this. Anyway though great first episode, they really did start fresh with everything. The meeting with the others was fun and as expected the show really looks wonderful and charming.

Dragon Ball Super: 90 (None of the previous episodes were watched)

Only watched this because I've been seeing they've stopped treating Gohan like a bitch. His sparring with Goku was pleasing, need another power up so he can shit on everyone else. Still, watching Dragon Ball subbed is so odd, can kinda deal with the regular talking but then it gets to the action noises, need some bass.

Tonton

Without panty flash and/or otaku pandering?

Even some ecchi anime could get away without ecchi tag in MAL and similar sites.

I couldn't really trust anime tagging anymore these days because ecchi is already part of the whole culture.
Should just watch Scum's Wish for the good kind of depravity

/XX/

I don't hate the idea of Trigger providing nothing but genga lol. (Since when do they have enough animators for two shows and a co-pro?)
It is true that Kazuya Masumoto outlined this past year a very ambitious plan during the inauguration event for their new Fukuoka branch (he mentioned a full-on expansion and new intellectual property creation phase for the studio "until 2021"), however I still don't expect them to do the heavy-lifting of the animation production for DARLING in the FRANKXX (as hinted by the staff list). There is also no confirmation of specific dates, or the actual concurrent status of works like PROMARE that could still be closer to pre-production time (Aniplex Inc., seems to give now promotion just for the project that appears the most production advanced one).

It is true that Kazuya Matsumoto outlined this past year a very ambitious plan during the inauguration event for their new Fukuoka branch (he mentioned a full-on expansion and new intellectual property creation phase for the studio "until 2021"), however I still don't expect them to do the heavy-lifting of the animation production for DARLING in the FRANKXX (as hinted by the staff list). There is also no confirmation of specific dates, or the actual concurrent status of works like PROMARE that could still be closer to pre-production time (Aniplex Inc., seems to give now promotion just for the project that appears the most production advanced one).

Ah, good point. I was forgetting there is no timeline for the shows yet. It would make sense to take on lesser commitments like DarliFra in the interim between original shows.

It'll be interesting to see where the expansion goes. More projects with outside talent like Kiznaiver, or promotions from within like Gridman. I wouldn't be surprised if Trigger have concluded that their own undiluted sensibility is most bankable, but who knows. Thanks for the info man.

We going full Okada now:
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/882583189494968320

Can't wait!

Yass 女王様. That title is incredibly Okada.

Theonik

"Goodbye" and "flowers"(?) were the only bits I got from the romanisation, I take it it's something like "The painful goodbye with flowers and tears" or something of the sort?
I think it's meant to be 'Let's promise to decorate the morning of our parting with flowers.; or something?
E: Closer to Maik actually

Jarmel

Banned
We going full Okada now:
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/882583189494968320

Can't wait!

KiBfVm1.jpg

Straight from the tap!

/XX/

DARLING in the FRANKXX official website is now up, includes the CM:

TVアニメ「ダーリン・イン・ザ・フランキス」公式サイト
http://darli-fra.jp/

jman2050

BRS is Okada's magnum opus, she would be foolish to try and follow up on it when it's already perfect
ly terrible
as is.

Nothing too enticing this summer, thinking about finally subscribing to Anime Strike. How has it been for people who've subscribed? I'm interested in The Great Passage, Scum's Wish, Virgin Soul, and potentially Welcome to the Ballroom.

/XX/

And just to be clear; I'm watching TOKYO MX and there wasn't any other announcement during the commercial break for TTGL episode 1 re-airing, just a short version of that DARLING in the FRANKXX PV, exactly as mentioned by Yūichi Fukushima.

DARLING in the FRANKXX official website is now up, includes the CM:

TVアニメ「ダーリン・イン・ザ・フランキス」公式サイト
http://darli-fra.jp/

The CM credits Imaishi as Action Supervisor rather than Tanaka like the earlier post, so Trigger are in the main staff.

And just to be clear; I'm watching TOKYO MX and there wasn't any other announcement during the commercial break for TTGL episode 1 re-airing, just a short version of that DARLING in the FRANKXX PV, exactly as mentioned by Yūichi Fukushima.

All those poor people who thought this was going to be a TTGL sequel/pachinko machine.

Please check out the beginning of S2 at the very least. Show as a whole wasn't winning most over until that. Overall tone of the next four is somewhat more somber.

Watch the prequel arc and like it or if not; perish.

I'd favor perishing instead of more Bungou, alright.

Nah, really, there's not a single character and plot thread I care about. I wouldn't enjoy any more of this.

Tsurezure Children - 01

That was quite funny. It's somewhat endearing, too, but that's aspect is lost a bit when they're really pushing some characters' archetypes.

Dammit now I'm going to have to watch Black Rock Shooter aren't I?

Except I have basically no route to do this legally now. This season in particular is making it hard for me to keep up legally with the shows I am interested in compared to three years ago when I started watching. Then I needed Crunchyroll and Funimation and despite Funi's god awful streaming in Ireland I kept subbed until their recent alliance and got basically everything. Now I also need Netflix but they're a nightmare to try and follow a show on thanks to their "All at once or never" approach to tv series on top of that the Amazon Prime / Anime Strike thing is actually worse in Ireland because not only is Prime the sickly cousin of it's UK version here but neither territory gets the shows at the same time of the US and when they show up seems random.

Looks like they also announced discount BD sets:
https://twitter.com/Gurren_Project/status/882629497069195265

28000 JPY + tax for the series set (so about ~ 270 USD), and 8000 JPY + tax for a movie set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom