• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbsa

Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita.- 01

Hmm...
Kominami Shizuka is a mild-mannered college student who is having trouble adjusting to city life. One day, she meets Kirishima Ryou, another student who projects the image of a cool older sister. The two hit it off, but Shizuka is shocked when Ryou attempts to seduce her. Shizuka initially assumes that Ryou is a lesbian, but Ryou is in fact a man who dresses like a lady.

Genres:Romance

Well how bad could it be....4 minutes later...

7S5ORve.jpg

jonjonaug

Aho Girl - Sugita and Aoi Yuki as a manzai comedy duo. Strong AOTS contender. This looks like the sort of thing that will be an improvement on the already strong source material.

NTR - Honestly...just go read the manga instead. The content isn't any different, but the first episode of the anime felt uninspired.

Sterok

Aho Girl 1

I think the bananas have made her so smart ordinary humans just can't understand her brilliance. No one who eats that many bananas can be stupid after all.

DNAbro

Dive!! Episode 1

tfw when you are listening to your girlfriend

tfw when you see senpai

tfw when senpai learns you have a girlfriend

tfw when you are literally wondering why the hell you have a girlfriend

Maybe actually not just bait? Hopefully it will actually be like Yuri on Ice.

Also diving. Whoo. Going to continue watching this. Writing so far seems kind of off but it still seems interesting so far. I was expecting mostly a Free!! ripoff.

The Anthem of the Heart

Well, that's a happy sta...

Damn! Okada'd in 4 minutes!

The love triangle rectangle gets set up and then things are all fine for a while, but you're just waiting for the other shoe to drop, so it's a bit hard to enjoy the more slice of life'y middle parts of the movie. The ending is decent though, so overall an ok movie.

Aki-at

Aho Girl - 1

Watched this to verify, can confirm she is an idiot. I kept laughing through out so will continue with it *thumbs up*

Sengoku Basara: The Last Party

What a JRPG climax.
Can't believe they decided to bring Oda back from the dead - again - for the big showdown.

Beyond Masamune's ku-rai-zi Engrish ("Jumping Jack Breaker!), the most shockingly hilarious bit had to be the line "Am I shifted to one side?" Such an unceremonious disposal!

jman2050

I like bananas.
She likes bananas.

It's good enough for me.

Also I like Kill Me Baby. I'm ok with stupid characters.

I enjoy the Aho Girl manga for what it is, but seriously you don't understand. The depths of her stupidity go way, way beyond what you're probably imagining in your head. Even considering this is supposed to be an exaggerated comedy it wraps around from funny to downright distressing at points.

And don't get me started on
the MC's little sister's dumbness
, which is hilarious because of how distressing it is.

Tonton

Tsuredure Children 01
This was ok, and it's a short so I will continue with it

Netsuzou Trap -NTR- 01
This was pretty much trash, dropped

Aho-Girl 01
I don't think I lauhed once in the whole episode, dropped

looks like amazon maybe fixed the issue of sentai series not appearing in canada at the same time as the usa, aleast for the summer anime cause love and lies episode 1 is up for canadians

MarkusRJR

Wow this season sucks... I only have Crunchyroll/Netflix so maybe the shows on other services are decent, but holy shit. Literally not a single show I'm remotely interested in.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wow this season sucks... I only have Crunchyroll/Netflix so maybe the shows on other services are decent, but holy shit. Literally not a single show I'm remotely interested in.
Not that much stuff has aired yet...Netflix doesn't simulcast....more and more stuff is going to Amazon.

MarkusRJR

Not that much stuff has aired yet...Netflix doesn't simulcast....more and more stuff is going to Amazon.
Yeah, I just mean in terms of what the lineup looks like in the OP and everything CR has put up so far (didn't like any of the first episodes).

Also, Amazon Video is the worst where I live. They don't even have an app for Canada...

Yeah, I just mean in terms of what the lineup looks like in the OP and everything CR has put up so far (didn't like any of the first episodes).

Also, Amazon Video is the worst where I live. They don't even have an app for Canada...

Crunchyroll has little interesting announced this season aside from The Reflection, and maybe Yami Shibai S5. They'll probably get Mahoujin Guru Guru as well though, and that looks good.

Dive!! Episode 1
DEAtDUxW0AEDScM.jpg:small
DEAtDT2XoAAMXiZ.jpg:small

DEAtoupXUAA_ESG.jpg:small

The character designs are really good for this and the plot is quite interesting. I especially the background on the junior high trio and how they got involved with the MDC, but then also the part with Sakai learning how to dive with Youichi. '

Ryo is best.

OST is really awesome so many good songs. But if he is also on Ballroom this season...I wonder how will that differentiate itself from these songs.

Tonton

Why does The Reflection only starts after my Crunchyroll sub renews I gotta know if I keep it or not before that

What they have right now really makes me want to cancel pls get more (good) stuff

really hope they get that Guru Guru thing

Just T

Little Witch Academia: 2

See Diana that's what happens when you don't stop and listen but good on her for helping with the pronunciation in the end. She's arrogant but it could be worse, she could be like those two annoyances that hang on her every word.

Aho-Girl: 1

Wow, that was something, not sure if I'll continue to watch her idiocy but it is a short so will see.

ATOM The Beginning Episode 11

Finally fixed on AMZN, although it could have been an emotional episode I wasnt that sad about how torn A106 had got, he was just a robot after all, oh well, Umetaro perseverance was what I liked and how he had faith in A106, though probably more to prove small jpn lab > big money govt lab.

Sterok

Carnival Phantasm 1-5

I'm more in the mood for comedy after all. Only familiar with Fate from Type-Moon, but that stuff is good. The other people can be alright as well. Lancer, Berserker, and Gil-kun are the best.

KraytarJ

lol someone fansubbed it.
Edit: this is the first seasonal anime I've watched in 2 or 3 seasons and yep, it's exactly what it says it is. lol

Speaking of trash, how was that yuri NTR show?
It's worse than you'd imagine. It's not even fun trashy, it's just boring and bad.

Line_HTX

No, it's only 9 minutes long so only the trashiness begins. It is NOT boring just because it's the premiere plus hard to judge it if it just started.

Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 1

This is one of those shows that tries to hide the fact that's it is barely animated by constantly cutting and shifting the camera, and really relying on really over the top effects.

download.png

Nope.

Just nope.

Saiyuki Reload Blast Episode 1
DD-xwZnU0AIdRM6.jpg:small
DEA8tGtXsAA3Xir.jpg:small

Best boy.

Pretty awesome anime with the action and the guns, the blood on the screen was pretty unique. I think the shaky cam is a bit too much though, unless Im super sensitive but motion sickness...

Yuki Kaji was a nice surprise.

We going full Okada now:
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/882583189494968320

Can't wait!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hzThVimNw
And here is the PV of Sayonara No Asa Ni Yakusoku No Hana Wo kazarou.
>Release date: February 24, 2018
>Original character design: Akihiko Yoshida (Final Fantasy)
>Director + Screen composition: Mari Okada
>Chief Director: Toshiya Shinohara (Nagi no Asukara)
>Music: Kenji Kawai
>Studio: PA Works

This is one of those shows that tries to hide the fact that's it is barely animated by constantly cutting and shifting the camera, and really relying on really over the top effects.

download.png

Nope.

Just nope.

I thought it was 'okay.' Got a couple laughs out of me, and some of the over the top action was nice. That shaky cam though... ugh....

Sterok

Carnival Phantasm 6-12

Lancer is a precious treasure that must be saved. At least Cu got a good deal in Grand Order. I don't know anything about Shiki, but he makes me think better of Shirou, which is something. I find it cute that Taiga and Illya had their own segment seeing how Taiga and Iri had their own segment in Zero. Definitely a fun series.

Defuser

download.png

Nope.

Just nope.
More blood than Modern Warfare 2.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
NTR 1
It's yuri + NTR, yet it's complete garbage. I didn't think it possible.

That's sad to hear. Will give it a watch in a couple days or so.

That NTR show was like 10% substance, 90% girls touching each other...

... Now I'm confused. Forget days, I'll give it a look tomorrow.

Aho Girl - 01

I was laughing throughout the episode. Will stick with this for sure.

Quasar

Dive !! 1 - (I apparently needed to stop watching part way through to comment online) MC you are a dick. A nice girl goes out of her way to walk you home and then you go and ignore her all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom