• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

ckohler

They draw in over $1M a year already, surely the increase in donations they'd get from having more games over the short span of time they have would justify the extra cost that they'd incur for such a setup.

Agreed, however they apparently won't even spring for a normal sized couch.

They draw in over $1M a year already, surely the increase in donations they'd get from having more games over the short span of time they have would justify the extra cost that they'd incur for such a setup.
surely they don't touch any of those donations since they go directly to the charity. Donation numbers have nothing to do with how GDQ pays for these events.

they hated jesus because he told them the truth.jpg

They+hated+jesus+because+he+told+them+the+truth_002df9_6263464.jpg

c1d

surely they don't touch any of those donations since they go directly to the charity. Donation numbers have nothing to do with how GDQ pays for these events.
Not entirely true. The AGDQ charity (prevent cancer foundation) gives GDQ money to run the event which (I believe) is an amount that can be negotiated

Does Bluegrass not show up to these any more?
I don't think Blueglass has been at the last few as he is busy with IRL stuff

Missed this post earlier.

The charities are the ones bankrolling these events, as some of their money needs to be spent on charity drives like this and other funding efforts to keep money flowing into the charities. I'm sure if they worked out the math and showed how much more money they could make with wall-to-wall games on an actually reliable schedule, getting PCF/MSF to give them the additional funds for a 2 stage setup would be easy.

Top Bottom