• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Fugu

the credits roll in TGM3 is just something I can barely comprehend.

Anyway, decent work by Proto and Kai but they were against KevinDDR and ApertureGrillz - that's a bit of an uphill climb :p
There are a decent number of players who are close to getting GM but have given up entirely on being able to do the credit roll.

Honestly, though, I think shirase is more absurd. Yes, there are more S13 clears than GMs, but that's because getting a GM requires you to clear Master at the GM level several times in a row.

Altazor

I guess actually playing Rev Mode would give me Vertigo once again, eugh xD

had BPPV last year. Horrible, horrible experience.

What are they playing TGM on? I see that there was an arcade version and Xbox 360 in Japan.

Original arcade boards.

The 360 TGM was gimped super hard because The Tetris Company forced them to fit their guidelines instead of being the balls to the wall insanity that people want out of TGM.

ckohler

Twitch chat has devolved into just people trying to scream over each other endlessly to zero effect or meaning. It's just Pavlovian at this point.

Twitch chat has devolved into just people trying to scream over each other endlessly to zero effect or meaning. It's just Pavlovian at this point.

Honestly, i wish it was that. The problem is when they hive mind into unpleasant territory. Every time PMG goes on stage especially it gets awful with the attacks.

tsbaTxx.gif

ckohler

Honestly, i wish it was that. The problem is when they hive mind into unpleasant territory. Every time PMG goes on stage especially it gets awful with the attacks.

True, there's that too.

By the way, these Tetris setups are taking embarrassingly too long. The whole event was on schedule until now. This is bad and is probably costing them donations. :(

espher

Yeah this would have been a good time to have some interviews or maybe even replay some shorter runs from earlier in the run (e.g. NA overnight time slots) or w/e.

KarmaCow

Twitch really overestimated how many people would donate with bits. The MM incentive is still a little under 4 million bits away.

Toad.T

Banned
True, there's that too.

By the way, these Tetris setups are taking embarrassingly too long. The whole event was on schedule until now. This is bad and is probably costing them donations. :(

I'm fine with it, due to me working late. Selfish, I know.

gaiadyne

Twitch really overestimated how many people would donate with bits. The MM incentive is still a little under 4 million bits away.

They got that 500,000 one and got greedy but it's good to have a high target even if it is unreachable to get people to continue to cheer with bits

Mugen08

This does not really apply to Tetris but wouldn't it be nice if they viewed the current record times during other speedruns for comparison?

This does not really apply to Tetris but wouldn't it be nice if they viewed the current record times during other speedruns for comparison?

Nobody is really expecting to hit WR during these runs, so it isn't really worth it. The estimates are already a good comparison point for their performance anyway.

Sure, but I would have to guess it would be easier to moderate than it currently is. Then again I'm underestimating Twitch chat.

I mean there's gotta be someway to stop it.

Only way to really silence it is to just mute it all like they've done here. There's really no other option.

Top Bottom