• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Fugu

TGM 3 has always taken forever to set up because it runs on notoriously subpar arcade hardware. It's unfortunate and I honestly don't understand why they can't have something else going on while they set it up because this is a known quantity.

Mugen08

Nobody is really expecting to hit WR during these runs, so it isn't really worth it. The estimates are already a good comparison point for their performance anyway.
Of course but isn't viewing the estimates quite uninteresting in comparison though? A few WR:s have occurred in GDQ history but it is hard to understand when it is even close atm. They could just display current WR quick before a run even.

TGM 3 has always taken forever to set up because it runs on notoriously subpar arcade hardware. It's unfortunate and I honestly don't understand why they can't have something else going on while they set it up because this is a known quantity.

I've been saying for ages that they need to switch to a 2 stage system so that the players for the next game can get setup while the current game is running and these set-up times can be pretty much eliminated all together.

Velcro Fly

2 hours of setup for maybe 30 minutes of actual gameplay.

Unbelievably unfair to the runners that have to go on after this that are just waiting around.

Blizzard

Banned
It's a little known fact that they actually have to travel to the Tetris mines of Siberia to chip out a new Tetris cartridge before each run. The travel time causes the setup delay.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I want the player to stop talking and focus on the game. Let others talk. I am feeling so stressed for him already :O

Of course but isn't viewing the estimates quite uninteresting in comparison though? A few WR:s have occurred in GDQ history but it is hard to understand when it is even close atm. They could just display current WR quick before a run even.

It'd put too much pressure on the players and give the audiences unrealistic expectations, so it's better if they don't.

At least he apologized but man... Finally, at least. I feel bad for the other runners who schedules are off now.

It's GDQ. The schedule had already drifted off course by several hours before this game happened.

Fugu

And so the streak of nobody being able to beat Shirase at a GDQ continues. Shit's hard.

I want the player to stop talking and focus on the game. Let others talk. I am feeling so stressed for him already :O
A player at Kevin's level isn't going to have too much trouble hitting level 1000.

The run that KevinDDR is referring to is absolutely nuts. This is actually a lot harder than it looks.

See I told you. The playe needs to stop talking and focus haha
This isn't really fair. Shirase's difficulty ramps up exponentially after 1000; the speed difference between 1000 and 1100 is not insignificant and getting from 1200-1300 is often described as being more difficult than getting from 1 to 1200.

Euphony

Banned
Kinda of getting bored of these Tetris showcase, it was cool the first few time but now it kind of played out.

As much as I like watching the insanity that is Tetris, I'm beginning to feel the same way. It's how I felt with the TAS block as well and I'm glad it's getting a break this year.

Fugu

I'm disappointed that he didn't get the invisible roll, but holy shit. That 800-899 split was ridiculous.

I want to cry watching this. My brain... ;~;. This looks impossible.
The game's win conditions are basically designed to be as close to impossible as they can be without... actually being impossible. The number of players who have made any serious headway into these modes is very few. It took me about six months of playing TGM 3 to be able to survive more than 30 seconds of Shirase, for example.

Top Bottom