• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summoner Wars iOS League - Trial Run July 19 - 30

mercviper

Hereafter! Stop rolling 4/4 with gror :(

Edit: probably, still trying out new deck builds, but c'mon! I think even with reapers I couldn't do much.

Edit 2: That's the second time forced summon has bugged when trying to cast Elut-bal. I clearly have 2 magic and it asks if I want to sac a creature to play it and I hit done to sacrifice nothing and then I couldn't play him.

Edit 3: ohhh my god I knew it! You had that fucker gror in your hand and a hero event lol. I got confused that you didn't play him for three turns and when you started killing your wall I thought you needed 9 mp to summon him instead of 7.

Hereafter's dwarves stomp my FK deck once again

Hereafter

I figured as long as I don't play Gror you would stay away from the wall :). I Could've summon him a few times, but the psych damage was better ;-)

Sorry I meant phantoms. They're not much but 1/6 chance of stealing Gror is not a bad thing. Also, don't dark sac the skellies you won't get magic back.

mercviper

I figured as long as I don't play Gror you would stay away from the wall :). I Could've summon him a few times, but the psych damage was better ;-)

Sorry I meant phantoms. They're not much but 1/6 chance of stealing Gror is not a bad thing. Also, don't dark sac the skellies you won't get magic back.

Too good lol. I set up a rematch but going to see Batman so won't play it just yet. Nice maneuvering to get away from my malevolence. You need to stop rolling 3 hits on my reaper too. It's such an advantage swing when I lose a full hp reaper with 3 cards under it.

bonesquad

Dammit! How does Elut Bal (Fallen Kingdom) work? I dragged the card onto the playing field, the game told me to discard a unit, I did, and then nothing happened. I can drag him there again, and it again asks me to discard another unit. Ahh! I had a chance to take over on just the third round, but right now I just threw away a card for no reason it seems, and I am afraid to try again. Either way now... fuck!

Edit: I see how it works. I shouldn't have hit Done after I discarded that card. I assumed since the text said Discard Cards that when I was done doing so I should hit Done... Grrr. Lesson learned. The hard way.

I've got at least 10 games on the go right now that I'm gonna lose. But tonight was game night so not much progress made. Sorry all.

Hereafter

Astrolad good game you played like a pro. I made some really dumb moves like not attacking with my fighter and not moving Kring. Sigh. I should turn in for the night...

Hereafter (TO) df. Diesel Pioneer (GD)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gaah i've been really bad about reporting things just not used to it. i've won a few and lost a few!

Astrolad good game you played like a pro. I made some really dumb moves like not attacking with my fighter and not moving Kring. Sigh. I should turn in for the night...

gg i think my heart rate is still elevated. time to retire from summoner wars because there's nowhere to go but down from here :p

Hereafter

gaah i've been really bad about reporting things just not used to it. i've won a few and lost a few!

gg i think my heart rate is still elevated. time to retire from summoner wars because there's nowhere to go but down from here :p

You can't retire when you have a bazillion games going. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You can't retire when you have a bazillion games going. :p

and also when it's probably my favorite game evar right now :D

do hope it stays that way right now i am quite enjoying all the surprises that different cards and combos bring. the dice will always make it fun though :D

Hereafter

Hereafter (TO) def. Blackflag (GD)

I think after that first freeze and losing your champ right away it was all downhill. Mal surprised me, I was waiting for Gorg. GG though!

eznark

Banned
Astro should retire after that humiliating whupping I just put on him.

This self reporting stuff is never going to work, least not for me. We need some sort of structure.

Maybe a google doc or something that shows the round robin. Everyone playes everyone three times. Mark the doc when the match is over?

This self reporting stuff is never going to work, least not for me. We need some sort of structure.

Maybe a google doc or something that shows the round robin. Everyone playes everyone three times. Mark the doc when the match is over?
There is no round robin. Play as much or as little as you like, this way we are never waiting on inactive players or people that want to participate but just can't play as much as others.

If you'd prefer a Google doc for self reporting then we can create one. Otherwise just post in here who you beat and which faction you used. I will update the score chart as needed. (Doing so right now.)

You beat Astro? Which faction did you use?

Hereafter (TO) df. Diesel Pioneer (GD)
AstroLad won? Which faction did he use?

Instead of a triple post, I'll edit this one:

To no one's surprise Hereafter is in the lead right now:
Code:
Player            GC ID            CG TO PE JE VG FK GD CK LOSS
---------------------------------------------------------------
ScrabbleDude      scrabbledude!                               1
eznark            eznark
Hereafter         thenafter            2        1     3
blackflag         Bl4ckfl4g            1                      1
Of All Trades     of.all.trades
blahness          blahness
AstroLad          AstroLad                                    1
Gazele            Gazele87
soldat7           soldat7
Slacker           Slacker
tm24              mightytm24
Mercviper         Mercviper                                   3
chicobalay        chicobalay
deim0s            deim0s_
superrobot        Diesel Pioneer                              1
Kosh              Kosh One

mercviper

AstroLad won? Which faction did he use?

Instead of a triple post, I'll edit this one:

To no one's surprise Hereafter is in the lead right now:
Code:
Player            GC ID            CG TO PE JE VG FK GD CK LOSS
---------------------------------------------------------------
ScrabbleDude      scrabbledude!                               1
eznark            eznark
Hereafter         thenafter            2        1     3
blackflag         Bl4ckfl4g            1                      1
Of All Trades     of.all.trades
blahness          blahness
AstroLad          AstroLad                                    1
Gazele            Gazele87
soldat7           soldat7
Slacker           Slacker
tm24              mightytm24
Mercviper         Mercviper                                   3
chicobalay        chicobalay
deim0s            deim0s_
superrobot        Diesel Pioneer                              1
Kosh              Kosh One

What these stats tell me is that I need to get new games in with people other than Hereafter and improve my record lol.

Hereafter

What fraction did you play and what did he play?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

yes please! :D

i think i have four wins that i didn't report. or maybe 10. ok not 10.

i would be totes down with going with mightytm's world-cup structure where you have groups then knockout rounds. everyone posts their current record, put 1 "great" player in each group, one "good" one, and the other two random. could think about how to prevent faction spamming as well but not to be a hater but i really can't keep my head into the ladder-style gaming that we have going now where you just randomly play people and post b/c i always do the former anyway :p. what i like about leagues/tournaments is having that one "important" league match to focus in on, have more gravity etc. besides 99% of my games are against gaffers so i don't really need to cull down anyway if that makes sense.

Hereafter

yes please! :D

i think i have four wins that i didn't report. or maybe 10. ok not 10.

i would be totes down with going with mightytm's world-cup structure where you have groups then knockout rounds. everyone posts their current record, put 1 "great" player in each group, one "good" one, and the other two random. could think about how to prevent faction spamming as well but not to be a hater but i really can't keep my head into the ladder-style gaming that we have going now where you just randomly play people and post b/c i always do the former anyway :p. what i like about leagues/tournaments is having that one "important" league match to focus in on, have more gravity etc. besides 99% of my games are against gaffers so i don't really need to cull down anyway if that makes sense.

We can probably do it after July to get more sense of seeding.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Uh, I'm in I suppose ;)

So only games that start from now on count, no past games or games currently running? Damn :p

GC is smiley1790

EDIT: another vote for world cup style here.

I have no doubt that you'd be in the top 4 at the end of the month where you'll have important matches that have more gravity. :p

Smiley90

Do we want to count games that were started before joining the league? If yes I beat Slacker with my Odin against his FK... If not, then disregard. :p

Slacker

Do we want to count games that were started before joining the league? If yes I beat Slacker with my Odin against his FK... If not, then disregard. :p

I figured I'd count the ones started after both parties had joined up. Challenge me again and let's make it count. ;)

Edit: Starting oh-ficial games with gazele87, Hereafter, and mercviper now. :)

Hereafter

Hereafter (TO) defeated Gazele (PE) in a display of pure fury. 1 fighter killed 2 archers, 1 warrior and wounded Eileen twice...

Smiley90

I figured I'd count the ones started after both parties had joined up. Challenge me again and let's make it count. ;)

Edit: Starting oh-ficial games with gazele87, Hereafter, and mercviper now. :)

Makes sense ;) i have so many games going on and not too much time, so my games will take a while sorry :x

Hereafter

I really wish this game have a confirmation is you don't move or attack with all your guys like in Acension. In my game against eznark I forgot to move all my guys yet again...

ScrabbleDude finally wins one with Phoenix Elves against soldat7.

ScrabbleDude also wins with Cave Goblins against RaySpencer. He isn't here though so it doesn't count. :p

Good game! I went for it but it just as easily could have went the other way.

Hereafter, I definitely feel like this has been my best chance of winning against you so far. Not bad for a scrub like me. Glad you wasted your freeze, and was expecting something like two champions at once with all that magic you were holding.

I'm having to make some pretty tough decisions each round. I end up playing slowly because I get very nervous every single round of every Summoner Wars game I play. :p

Edit: ScrabbleDude's Cave Goblins defeat AstroLad's Jungle Elves. Good game, Astro. You had me worried as soon as Miti hit the battlefield.

Hereafter

Hereafter, I definitely feel like this has been my best chance of winning against you so far. Not bad for a scrub like me. Glad you wasted your freeze, and was expecting something like two champions at once with all that magic you were holding.

I'm having to make some pretty tough decisions each round. I end up playing slowly because I get very nervous every single round of every Summoner Wars game I play. :p

Edit: ScrabbleDude's Cave Goblins defeat AstroLad's Jungle Elves. Good game, Astro. You had me worried as soon as Miti hit the battlefield.

You're playing awesomely! keanu.gif

So now we're just going to dance :)

Round 17: Hereafter (TO) vs. ScrabbleDude (PE)

whatdoyoudo.png

I think this is easily the most interesting match I've played so far. We've hit a point now where it looks like we still have at least 5 rounds ahead of us, but I have no idea who is going to win this one. It's the first game I've played where it looks like the best move for both sides is to do nothing and call it a draw.

And I think I'm done with Summoner Wars for the evening. :p

blackflag

Lol......I just had a 7 die roll attack from my champ on dudes summoner and I missed every single one. Like really wtf. I need to figure out the odds of that happening later on because it is really freaking small. Like really small.

Lol......I just had a 7 die roll attack from my champ on dudes summoner and I missed every single one. Like really wtf. I need to figure out the odds of that happening later on because it is really freaking small. Like really small.
Looks like 0.04%. That's pretty crazy.

Oh lol it was game with you. I just forgot to finish my turn after that I guess because I was so disgusted.

Gotta do cardio but I'll be playing turns in around 40 min.
Yeah, you came at me with 11 dice. I should have been dead right there. I would have been pissed too. I took a screenshot of your dice roll.

Decided to finish my game with hereafter.....and now I can't connect to the server.

Hereafter

Yeah, you came at me with 11 dice. I should have been dead right there. I would have been pissed too. I took a screenshot of your dice roll.

Decided to finish my game with hereafter.....and now I can't connect to the server.

I'm having the same issue, I'm think the servers are down.

That was the best finish I could have hoped for. Awesome match, hereafter. I wouldn't have brought your summoner right next to Krung at the end there, but I'm not sure you had any real choice.

ScrabbleDude (PE) defeats Hereafter (TO) (barely).

Top Bottom