• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summoner Wars iOS League - Trial Run July 19 - 30

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Blackflag (FE) defeated RaySpencer (JE)

I was gonna make fun of you for posting the same "i won!" post twice, then I realized you actually won twice with different teams...

Also damn FK, the only team I'm less than 50% with. Any tips? :/ edited the default deck and will see if that brings anything...

I was gonna make fun of you for posting the same "i won!" post twice, then I realized you actually won twice with different teams...

Also damn FK, the only team I'm less than 50% with. Any tips? :/ edited the default deck and will see if that brings anything...

You can still make fun though, cause in not in the league, so they don't count! :p

edit: I posted this in the main thread too, but in case you missed it BlackFlag

Me said:
I just lost my stupidest match yet, haha. I mean it was a fun match, but I made the stupidest mistake, haha.

GG BlackFlag! I had a Chant of Negations that for some reason I did not use when Im sitting on top of your summoner with my Miti. Which would have stopped you from Force summoning your Elut-Bal and stopped you from using Legions of the Dead as well, and from that point on I was just trying to survive, haha.

Cultists are good with Fallen Kingdom.

Also, try to make sure you are building lots of things and summoning with Ret-Talus. That way cards are partially paying for themselves.

Gazele [PE] defeats ScrabbleDude [CG]

blackflag

Blackflag(gd) defeat Scrabbledude (cg)

Good game man but why did you do that? It was close but I think you should have won.

Blackflag(gd) defeat Scrabbledude (cg)

Good game man but why did you do that? It was close but I think you should have won.
You had 7 magic. I figured you were going to summon Grok and wipe out my forces. I thought you might have had Grok earlier but couldnt recall. An option to watch the game to that point would be nice. Or at least the ability to view defeated cards.

If I thought for a second that Malevolence was coming then I wouldn't have done that. :p

blackflag

You had 7 magic. I figured you were going to summon Grok and wipe out my forces. I thought you might have had Grok earlier but couldnt recall. An option to watch the game to that point would be nice. Or at least the ability to view defeated cards.

If I thought for a second that Malevolence was coming then I wouldn't have done that. :p

Yeah even with him though, I could have still swung for 5 but I'd have to leave my summoner open to attack if I didnt finish you so yeah I would have backed him off at least.

Hereafter

If you touch your opponent's discard pile you see what card(s) they discarded. I use it all the time.

Manik

Hey guys!

Is it too late to sign up for the league? Have just picked up the everything bundle, so still well out of practice, but wouldn't mind playing a few gaffers for kicks and giggles.

Gamecentre username is CTB0503.

Hey guys!

Is it too late to sign up for the league? Have just picked up the everything bundle, so still well out of practice, but wouldn't mind playing a few gaffers for kicks and giggles.

Gamecentre username is CTB0503.
I can add you to the list. :) It's good for practice right now, we're likely going to switch to a different format come August. :)

I shouldn't say but I don't even usually use grok anymore. He's great in certain situations but I prefer malevolence.
Grok is amazing against factions that focus on a large number of low health commons - goblins, cloaks, fallen kingdom, sometimes Phoenix Elves. I find that jungle elves commons might be too high in health to be effective and other factions have a higher champion use.

Hereafter

hereafter fell the fallen kingdom of Blackflag using his fallen kingdom

Good game Blackflag. I noticed your deck played faster than me, that's when i decided not to summon... I played a gambit and got lucky!

blackflag

hereafter fell the fallen kingdom of Blackflag using his fallen kingdom

Good game Blackflag. I noticed your deck played faster than me, that's when i decided not to summon... I played a gambit and got lucky!

Yeah you weathered the storm well. I guess I overcommitted but man I didn't think you could get out of that. I was going to drop an archer on that wall then decided to wait, and you blocked it with another wall. That really hurt.

mercviper

Second cloak win vs Hereafter's fallen kingdom
Game was pretty close. I had to try pretty hard to not let you get enough magic to summon more guys at the end

Current standings:

Code:
Player            GC ID            CG TO PE JE VG FK GD CK LOSS TOTAL BONUS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ScrabbleDude      scrabbledude!     1     2                   3     0   +10
eznark            eznark                                      1    -1
Hereafter         thenafter            5        1  1  3       3     7   +10
blackflag         Bl4ckfl4g            1              3       3     1
Of All Trades     of.all.trades                                     0
blahness          blahness                         1                1    
AstroLad          AstroLad                   1                2    -1    +5
Gazele            Gazele87                1                   2    -1
soldat7           soldat7                                           0
Slacker           Slacker                                           0
tm24              mightytm24                                        0
Mercviper         Mercviper                           2   2   3     1    +5
chicobalay        chicobalay                                        0
deim0s            deim0s_                                           0
superrobot        Diesel Pioneer                              3    -3
Kosh              Kosh One                                    1    -1
Smiley90          smiley1970                                        0
Octobot           MechaOctobot                                      0
Manik             CTB0503                                           0

1st - Hereafter - 17 points
2nd - ScrabbleDude - 10 points
3rd - Mercviper - 6 points
4th - AstroLad - 4 points

Most of these are bonus points though, so things can change very quickly. Blackflag needs one dwarf win to grab 5 extra points.

Hereafter

Second cloak win vs Hereafter's fallen kingdom
Game was pretty close. I had to try pretty hard to not let you get enough magic to summon more guys at the end

I think the middle of the game went like this:

hereafter has horrid rolls (missed 5)
merc had horrid rolls (missed 5)
hereafter has horrid rolls (missed 3-4?)
merc had horrid rolls (missed 3-4?)

We looked so clumsy lol.

@Merc, I think you got my number today.

mercviper

I think the middle of the game went like this:

hereafter has horrid rolls (missed 5)
merc had horrid rolls (missed 5)
hereafter has horrid rolls (missed 3-4?)
merc had horrid rolls (missed 3-4?)

We looked so clumsy lol.

@Merc, I think you got my number today.

We'll see. My iPad ran out of juice earlier, but you pushed back my strong position with my terrible luck in rolls.

Kosh

I just sent out a bunch of game invites. I'm on vacation this week and need to get better. There may be no hope though, I put Freeze on an enemy unit then immediately killed it. :/ lol

Slacker

Anyone ever have a situation where the game won't let you spend the 2 magic to unfreeze an card against the TOs? Hereafter is currently pwning me and I can't unfreeze anything. :p

mercviper

I think you went a little too aggressive...

hereafter (vanguards) over mercviper (cloaks)

Just a tad lol. But I don't care. I'm having way too much fun with all the cloak mechanics. Using a scrapper to put my champ in the back row and plink some ranged damage, and then turning it into a thief to retreat out of there was super crazy. With my opening spy, I got 5 of your events and put both the +2 dmg with a priest card on the bottom, so my strat was going to be kill all your priests and you'd have no big damage. I guess I didn't realize how cheap the Vanguard champs are? it felt like you went from 2 MP to casting 2 champs. but I may not have been paying attention to your MP totals either. Thinking back on it you should've had around 5-6 at that point before playing the +3 MP event.

Kosh

Kosh One tried something crazy and won with TO against Thenafter with VG.

Kosh, I messed up on the summoning surge. Stupid orcs!

I missed that. I gambled and killed both of my fighters right away, but it seemed to have paid off. Oh yeah, had some insane luck of rolls with Ragnor.

Slacker

Bragg makes it 3 magic points to unfreeze :)

Well crap, I'll remember that for next time.

Hereafter (TO) defeats Slacker (GD)

Also, I said DAMN, Hereafter:

2PPpT.jpg

Hereafter

It's actually only the Phoenix Elves I'm really able use effectively (27-3). It's mostly luck that I made it to that many wins!

Hurray for Canada! We're gonna take the gold in Summoner Wars in the Olympics. End up winning the whole shebang like the Winter Olympics.

Top Bottom