• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summoner Wars iOS League - Trial Run July 19 - 30

blackflag

Good game man. Yeah those were pretty good Gorilla rolls. I think I played well that game finally. I didn't notice too many mistakes that I made. I usually make 1 big mistake that destroys the rest of the game for me.

Just starting to mess with that race. They are pretty good after customized but seem like chit before.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smiley (TO) beats gazele (PE) in a game that should've ended way earlier i I didn't forget to move my champ...

Hereafter

Good game man. Yeah those were pretty good Gorilla rolls. I think I played well that game finally. I didn't notice too many mistakes that I made. I usually make 1 big mistake that destroys the rest of the game for me.

Just starting to mess with that race. They are pretty good after customized but seem like chit before.

I thought you played awesomely!

Smiley90

@Smiley, that was the most annoying thwarter in the world! You know what I mean!

haha yes, I was hoping your last card would be anything but a small card, so I could hopefully have that Thwarter out for a while... but yeah, I was eventually going to lose anyway :p gg :D That perfect 4/4 roll with the 2/2 for Shaman, 1/1 with the other unit (forgot what it was) and the Summoner-Wall roll that managed to kill my champ sealed the match :p

for scorekeeping's sake:

Hereafter beat me in a mirror match of Tundra Orcs

Only 2 days remain!

Code:
Player            GC ID            CG TO PE JE VG FK GD CK LOSS TOTAL BONUS  w/BONUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hereafter         thenafter            9  2     2  1  5       8    11   +10       21
Gazele            Gazele87                4  3           2    5     4   +10       14
ScrabbleDude      scrabbledude!     2     2           1  1    6     0    +5        5
Smiley90          smiley1970        1  3     2                4     2              2
Of All Trades     of.all.trades     1     1                         2              2
blahness          blahness                   1     1          1     1              1
Slacker           Slacker              1              1       1     1              1
blackflag         Bl4ckfl4g            1              5       5     0              0
Octobot           MechaOctobot                                1    -1             -1
Manik             CTB0503                                     1    -1             -1
soldat7           soldat7                                     2    -2             -2
deim0s            deim0s_                                     2    -2             -2
Kosh              Kosh One             2              1       5    -2             -2
eznark            eznark                                      3    -3             -3
AstroLad          AstroLad             1     1                5    -3             -3
superrobot        Diesel Pioneer       1              1       5    -3             -3
Mercviper         Mercviper                        1  1  2    9    -5             -5

tm24              mightytm24                                        0              0
chicobalay        chicobalay                                        0              0

mercviper

Smiley (GD) beats mercviper (CK)

uh-oh, Haven't seen the turn yet, but were you holding a +2 power card in your hand?

close match still! Was hoping to land all 4 hits and end it early, even if I only hit once :<. Was hoping similar results on your end so I could strike again lol

Smiley90

uh-oh, Haven't seen the turn yet, but were you holding a +2 power card in your hand?

close match still! Was hoping to land all 4 hits and end it early, even if I only hit once :<. Was hoping similar results on your end so I could strike again lol

Yeah I did :p 2/4 is easier to get than 2/2 :p gg :D

Got off a great turn in a Vanguard mirror match. Had a Priest with a space of enemy summoner and one near mine. I had a Holy Judgment in my hand.

He missed my Priest and summoned Kalon in place to hit my summoner on his next turn.

Draw my card and I now have 3 Holy Judgments and an extra priest. Hit Kalon with 2 7 attack Priests and get 7 wounds to kill him. Other 7 attack Priest hits his Summoner for 5. One wound to go!

Edit: ScrabbleDude's Phoenix Elves beat eznark's Fallen Kingdom.

blackflag

Omg they really need to put a prompt or something on the special abilities. I just pumped up the charging dude with the +2 dwarf card. Then I moved him to summoner but I guess I used his charge on accident......

Omg they really need to put a prompt or something on the special abilities. I just pumped up the charging dude with the +2 dwarf card. Then I moved him to summoner but I guess I used his charge on accident......
I haven't seen the move yet but I think this is against me. I moved away just so he couldn't attack this turn.

blackflag

I haven't seen the move yet but I think this is against me. I moved away just so he couldn't attack this turn.

He was only 2 spaces away though. The only time he can't attack is if he uses charge which I didn't mean to use. I just hop they add a confirmation when using an ability like that

ScrabbleDude's Guild Dwarves beat Gazele's Phoenix Elves.

Good game!

Blackflag's Guild Dwarves destroyed my Vanguards.

Good game. I felt like I was in a good spot for a while, but then you completely made me your bitch.

blackflag

Yeah Scrabble, that was good. We always seem to have good games.

Eznark, did you mean to create a 15 min game? I can't really finish one that fast today.

Hereafter's Guild Dwarves eradicate my Tundra Orcs.

I was hoping to get one more turn out of that! I was all ready to summon Rukar and move him two space to Oldin and potentially wipe him out. I was surprised you didn't move your spearman to block just in case.

Smiley90

Smiley beats scrabbledude with FK

FINALLY another FK win, they're my only faction with which I'm less than 50%, so bad at them.

That was a really great game, smiley. I thought I had you and then got completely overwhelmed with summons.

I just beat blagflag with the Tundra Orcs. Not sure what happened to black flag since it was a little one sided.

Smiley90

That was a really great game, smiley. I thought I had you and then got completely overwhelmed with summons.

I just beat blagflag with the Tundra Orcs. Not sure what happened to black flag since it was a little one sided.

Yeah you were getting way too close, but then I had a greater raise and killed some and suddenly I was surrounded by resurrected Reapers and Zombie Warriors, who in turn killed more units to bring more Zombie Warries to the table... and then you decided to commit suicide? :D

Yeah you were getting way too close, but then I had a greater raise and killed some and suddenly I was surrounded by resurrected Reapers and Zombie Warriors, who in turn killed more units to bring more Zombie Warries to the table... and then you decided to commit suicide? :D
Well, it was either that or run around the board escaping. It didn't look like I had any way to stop you. I figured if I had any chance it would be in miracle dice rolls and I'd have a better shot rolling 3 dice than 2.

Scrabbledude, I think your summoner is in trouble :)
My opening hand included all 3 champs. I think I played it completely wrong since I didn't build any of them. What would you do?

Final Scoring for July:

Code:
Player            GC ID            CG TO PE JE VG FK GD CK LOSS TOTAL BONUS  w/BONUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hereafter         thenafter            9  2     2  1  6       8    12   +10       22
Gazele            Gazele87                4  3           2    6     3    +5        8
ScrabbleDude      scrabbledude!     2  1  3           2  1    9     0    +5        5
Smiley90          smiley1970        1  3     3     1  1       4     5              5
Of All Trades     of.all.trades     1     1                         2              2
blahness          blahness                   1     1          1     1              1
Slacker           Slacker              1              1       1     1              1
blackflag         Bl4ckfl4g            1              6       6     1              1
Octobot           MechaOctobot                                1    -1             -1
Manik             CTB0503                                     1    -1             -1
soldat7           soldat7                                     2    -2             -2
deim0s            deim0s_                                     2    -2             -2
Kosh              Kosh One             2              1       6    -3             -3
AstroLad          AstroLad             1     1                5    -3             -3
superrobot        Diesel Pioneer       1              1       5    -3             -3
Mercviper         Mercviper                        1  1  2   10    -6             -6
eznark            eznark                                      4    -4             -4

tm24              mightytm24                                        0              0
chicobalay        chicobalay                                        0              0

Ok, short tournament bracket. Top 4. Matches are best of 3. Use any faction you like. You can change factions or decks between games if you like.

Match 1:
Hereafter vs ScrabbleDude
Match 2:
Gazele vs Smiley

Winners face off for first.

Smiley90

Final Scoring for July:

Code:
Hereafter         thenafter            9  2     2  1  6       8    12   +10       22
Gazele            Gazele87                4  3           2    6     3    +5        8
ScrabbleDude      scrabbledude!     2  1  3           2  1    9     0    +5        5
Smiley90          smiley1970        1  3     3     1  1       4     5              5
blackflag         Bl4ckfl4g            1              6       6     1              1
Kosh              Kosh One             2              1       6    -3             -3
Mercviper         Mercviper                        1  1  2   10    -6             -6
eznark            eznark                                      4    -4             -4

Ok, short tournament bracket. Top 4. Matches are best of 3. Use any faction you like. You can change factions or decks between games if you like.

Match 1:
Hereafter vs ScrabbleDude
Match 2:
Gazele vs Smiley

Winners face off for first.

I'm slightly confused why you're doing 1v3 and 2v4 instead of 1v4 and 2v3, but I'm not complaining! I might be in a game with gazele already (not sure) so if we are let's finish that one first and not count it, yes?

eznark

Banned
lol @ people only reporting when they beat me and not when they lost!

We're doing a different format for August right?

I'm slightly confused why you're doing 1v3 and 2v4 instead of 1v4 and 2v3, but I'm not complaining! I might be in a game with gazele already (not sure) so if we are let's finish that one first and not count it, yes?
You are 3, and I am 4. :p I did it based on total before bonus, but it's not reflected in the chart.

Yes, finish your current one and then the next ones count.

I tried to report every match I played regardless of when I won or lost. I think we're going to try a "World Cup format" for August.

Smiley90

I sometimes report my losses, but I don't feel like that's my duty :p and yeah a different format will e good .. :p

Hereafter

Scrabble, send my a challenge when you're ready? I'm deciding between the Phoenix Elves and the Tundra Orcs. If you want one of those races let me know and I'll choose my mysterious third!

blackflag

I assumed that winner would report. I actually stopped reporting everything several days ago thoug. I kept forgetting who I beat or who I lost o so I gave up.

You invited me to a 15 min game. Want to delete it and make it 3 days or something?

Pick them too, just to mess with him.
I was considering it. Truth is, I was never going to pick Tundra Orcs or Phoenix Elves. But saying I was is a good way to limit his options and improve my chances. Of course, if I know exactly which factions he's picking then my chances go up even higher. lol

I'm going to lose so hard.

Smiley90

I sent gazele and invite too, had 3 factions I was going to pick from, picked the unlikely
Choice first to see what he goes first and then will adjust my second/third choice accordingly

Top Bottom