• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Numb

I'd be mad Woolie using spears all this time if i didn't finish the game with a weapon i found in the first 20mins

This Batman telltale is doing exactly what I hate in stories, where shit just goes deeper and deeper and they put the character at literal rock bottom. But everything is happening in a perfectly convenient matter where all the power is going to the bad guys, with basically no victory for the protagonist at all.

This whole Children of Arkham thing and every other major character getting shot just before they can make a revelation is so cliche and shitty.

THIS VICKY VALE CONVERSATION IS SO FUCKING DUMB HOLY SHIT TWO PEOPLE WERE LITERALLY SHOT IN FRONT OF YOU AND BRUCE WAYNE IS THE BAD GUY!?

oh my god is this going to literally rip off the gas bomb thing from the first nolan movie. not quite but goddamn close

Disgraced

Yeah so long as you're happy with what you got.

Once I found the claymore, I never let it go.
My first character was a claymore-wielding mage.

Last character was scimmy plus pyromancy. Specifically Scimitar +10 > Quelaag's Furysword +5 > Gold Tracer +5.

I was in the Forest for a bit with an ascended Pyro Flame +5 using Black Flame and the Furysword augmented by the Hornet's Ring... a lot of poor fuckers were insta'd. Was stacking Mask of the Child, Chloranthy, and Grass Crest in a maxed Wanderer's set too... a ton of Endurance as well, naturally... that character was radical. Maybe busted, but rad.

Xux

Man, I'm only passively watching the Batman episodes at this point but jeeze do they draw out his discovering the drug's airborne and they're gonna bomb the train station with it.

I hate when media featuring something I like as much as Batman make me feel like an elitist asshole.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So I'm watching the archive of Liam's Kingdom Heart's stream and I'm starting to see the appeal. It's nice to have in the background as I do work and to just switch to it for about thirty seconds of distraction before going back to the slog. Also, I can see the appeal of chatting with someone mid-game and giving them hints. Seems like a nice sort of community thing. Maybe I'll check out one of his streams when they actually happen? Mostly I just miss his voice tho :(

Side note: Finally got Nier. Shits good. Two endings in and I feel like the next one is where the real shit is going to happen.

"Mythological Figures of Canada"

This is the reason I listen to the podcast

I do like that they think America has a bunch of mythological figures, discounting Native American ones.

They also seem to have missed the fact that the "American" demons in Persona are things like Ghost Rider.

Yeah, he could have spent that Humanity to just go in with more Estus. Hopefully he kindles up the next bonfire at least, it tends to be pretty important as things go.

80% chance Pat still loses to Mr. Shakedown next episode even with all the Stamina Royals, most likley due to him deciding to fight him in Beast mode which isn't a good idea until you get used to the mode.

I think it depends on whether or not the next run-in with Mr. Shakedown happens in the same recording session as this one.

If it's the same sitting, he basically already had a decent gameplan worked out that was putting up low-risk damage. If it's a different session, he'll probably have forgotten it.

I think it depends on whether or not the next run-in with Mr. Shakedown happens in the same recording session as this one.

If it's the same sitting, he basically already had a decent gameplan worked out that was putting up low-risk damage. If it's a different session, he'll probably have forgotten it.

They just saw him turning down the street when this video ended.

One of my favorite things about Dark Souls is how people struggle/beast on different bosses. Like I never had the level of difficulty with Artorias that Woolie did, but he aced those I've spent hours dying to.

Yeah, it's all about your build, really.

The DLC bosses were after the game was out in the wild and they'd seen everyone huddled behind their shields 24/7, so other than the Guardian they tried to make them somewhat punishing for blocking-focused strategies. They're also a bit more biased toward heavy weapons since you can't usually get more than one swing in during windows to punish them, and getting only one spear stab per Artorias YOLO combo feels bad, man.

If you're a ninja-flipping, two-handing, damage-racing sonnuvabitch, the DLC bosses probably don't bother you much.

"Mythological Figures of Canada"

This is the reason I listen to the podcast

I do like that they think America has a bunch of mythological figures, discounting Native American ones.

They also seem to have missed the fact that the "American" demons in Persona are things like Ghost Rider.

And Wendigo appears in other SMT games.

I hope someone in Atlus opens a book on First Nations mythology. There's some shit

dan2026

If the SBF really want to LP Persona 5, why don't they host the videos on their website and not youtube.

Then Atlus can't fuck them.

dan2026

The website doesn't magically make them immune to companies who don't want their stuff to be LPed. If Atlus wanted to take them down then they could, so the guys don't want to deal with that possibility.

No they couldn't.
I mean I suppose Atlus could file a lawsuit against them.

But no matter what Atlus would have you believe, streaming a game you own is not against the law. They can cry to Youtube or Twitch who will probably give in but thats a different matter.

Hell I could stream P5 myself if I wanted to. Are Atlus going to take me to court?

Edzi

No they couldn't.
I mean I suppose Atlus could file a lawsuit against them.

But no matter what Atlus would have you believe, streaming a game you own is not against the law. They can cry to Youtube or Twitch who will probably give in but thats a different matter.

Hell I could stream P5 myself if I wanted to. Are Atlus going to take me to court?

The point is that it wouldn't stop Atlus from making a stink if they chose to do that, and the guys understandably don't want to deal with that regardless of whether it's right or wrong.

Fancolors

We don't know if it is legal because this shit has never been on court. There's no precedent since no one bothered to sue yet. Which is why Twitch and YouTube never refused to comply to publisher's demand, because they know that should they lose their entire business run the risk of crumbling.

In practicality, SBF could probably stream the game with no repercussions given Atlus USA's lax enforcement of their policies, but why bother running into potential trouble, even if almost non-existent, when you could be LPing or streaming something else with zero risks?

Anung

Un Rama
The point is that it wouldn't stop Atlus from making a stink if they chose to do that, and the guys understandably don't want to deal with that regardless of whether it's right or wrong.

Here's Woolie's thoughts on the matter.

Guys, the site doesn't make us immune if they fight hard. Which would result in big wasted hours & a nuked schedule.

If the SBF really want to LP Persona 5, why don't they host the videos on their website and not youtube.

Then Atlus can't fuck them.

Probably because the money ain't there. I predict the youtube channel gets significantly more traffic than their site. A lot of people don't even check their site daily like they do their youtube channel. A 100+ part LP available exclusively on their site would be taking up a lot of their time for fewer monetary gains.

Anung

Un Rama
Probably because the money ain't there. I predict the youtube channel gets significantly more traffic than their site. A lot of people don't even check their site daily like they do their youtube channel. A 100+ part LP available exclusively on their site would be taking up a lot of their time for fewer monetary gains.

I was open to the idea of a site at the very start but it turned out to be a massive piece of shit so I dropped it immediately. I understand many content creators probably want out from under YouTube (especially recently) but youtubes ease of use makes it to engrained for me to bother with extra site hassle.

Frimaire

And Wendigo appears in other SMT games.

I hope someone in Atlus opens a book on First Nations mythology. There's some shit

The SMT Series already uses some First Nations and Native American Mythology.
They've got Dzelarhons, Ictinike, The Thunderbird, Wendigo, Shiwanna.
I haven't played Soul Hackers, but apparently Manitou is a big thing in that.
They've even got Sedna from Inuit mythology.

Strimei

Honestly I'm still Telltale'd out. Maybe its lingering bitterness about Walking Dead season 2 and how it was handled, but I feel like the cracks in their designs show way too easily and I just don't give a shit about the stories anymore.

Fancolors

Man, that Harvey reaction looked so dumb. I imagine it makes more sense if the player decides to save Selina instead but tis a Telltale game after all.

Honestly, I was just surprised with how much they were able to get away with in the Batman game, given that the DCEU is basically embroiled in a giant clusterfuck of trying to redefine their properties and establish Battfleck in the public consciousness.

zeemumu

Man, that Harvey reaction looked so dumb. I imagine it makes more sense if the player decides to save Selina instead but tis a Telltale game after all.

Well, I mean, that's how Harvey was pre-face melting. The accident isn't what caused him to go all half crazy. He had a history of that prior (I think he called the other persona "big bad Harv" in BTAS) and the face melting kinda made it real enough to push him over permanently. In this it's also because Harvey's probably got residual crazy drugs in his system causing him to partially act on impulse.

The change didn't really come out of nowhere. You get flashes of it when they were talking to Harvey in his office.

I don't really have an issue with Telltale Batman. It seems fine so far.

I think the big problem with the Harvey Dent thing is that they actually give you the ability to decide whether or not he gets maimed, which is inherently super interesting and makes it feel like this time, the choices could matter.

Then they insist on having him heel turn seemingly no matter what, and for very little payoff; he doesn't do enough cool shit as Two-Face that you couldn't just completely cut it for players who chose to keep him safe. The choice still wouldn't "matter" in the strictest sense, given that the story would still grind to the same ultimate resolution, but it would feel like something had changed.

I think the big problem with the Harvey Dent thing is that they actually give you the ability to decide whether or not he gets maimed, which is inherently super interesting and makes it feel like this time, the choices could matter.

Then they insist on having him heel turn seemingly no matter what, and for very little payoff; he doesn't do enough cool shit as Two-Face that you couldn't just completely cut it for players who chose to keep him safe. The choice still wouldn't "matter" in the strictest sense, given that the story would still grind to the same ultimate resolution, but it would feel like something had changed.

Well that's the thing with Telltale (and in a similar way, Mass Effect), they make it seem like "choices matter" but the story is always going to end up the same way no matter what, and they hadn't set up another villain group if you had gone down a "save Dent" path so he's the only option they have for their binary choices.

Top Bottom