• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I've learned a life lesson..never drink three different kinds of liquor in 5 hours.

Just kidding do it nerds last night was fun.
Whiskey>Vodka>Tequila.

Drink copious amounts of as many different types as possible.

Last night was awesome. Danced with a ton of girls, made out with one girl at midnight and then another girl later. Almost got in a fight for my hilariously asking other bathroom users "Sup motherfuckers, you fuckin' tonight?" To which one guy responded "Do I look like motherfucker?" Good times.

Also, found out that some guy my friend and I have nicknamed Shaggy, due to his resembling Shaggy from the Scooby-Doo, is actually the father of one of my nephews. It was a scene straight out of a sitcom when I pieced it together.

Best New Year's Eve ever.

demidar

Yeah, tried to go into MOBAs too, but at the end they were nothing but a waste of my time.
Speaking of stop playing games, playing Fire emblem awakening is never stopping agony.
I have restarted the game at least 5 times, because I always stop playing, and then make new game when I pick it up after a while.
And I have no idea if I should let them day or not, I spent so much time in training them and I don't want to lose them just because a mage shoot a fire ball through a wall. And I don't want to miss any of the conversations, and sometimes I restart because i made the wrong pairing! And since I don't let anyone die, it takes ages to choose who to pick, and I want everyone to at the same level, but now, some of them are way stronger than the others and kill every enemy with one hit, that's why they're a way higher level than the others. I don't want to grind because I would get bored too quickly, that's why the best solution is to start a new game. That's why I will never finish this game

I've spent about 4000 hours combined across DOTA, LoL and Dota 2 and I enjoyed 95% of those hours. Diff'rent strokes and all that.

Yeah, tried to go into MOBAs too, but at the end they were nothing but a waste of my time.
Speaking of stop playing games, playing Fire emblem awakening is never stopping agony.
I have restarted the game at least 5 times, because I always stop playing, and then make new game when I pick it up after a while.
And I have no idea if I should let them day or not, I spent so much time in training them and I don't want to lose them just because a mage shoot a fire ball through a wall. And I don't want to miss any of the conversations, and sometimes I restart because i made the wrong pairing! And since I don't let anyone die, it takes ages to choose who to pick, and I want everyone to at the same level, but now, some of them are way stronger than the others and kill every enemy with one hit, that's why they're a way higher level than the others. I don't want to grind because I would get bored too quickly, that's why the best solution is to start a new game. That's why I will never finish this game

Have you considered casual mode? I would pick around 10-15 units to dedicate your time in to, focusing on every single character is never a good thing in fire emblem. But i guess with awakening you can grind forever so you can focus on other characters after you beat the game. If you want every conversation, your gonna need to make multiple saves so it's best to just go with whatever you feel like. It's not like awakening is too difficult for any of the children to handle. But yea i would just focus on beating the game first without worrying to much about the other stuff. If you wanna see what kinda of characters you want to use, just look for each characters growth rates and make your team before hand

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Last night was awesome. Danced with a ton of girls, made out with one girl at midnight and then another girl later. Almost got in a fight for my hilariously asking other bathroom users "Sup motherfuckers, you fuckin' tonight?" To which one guy responded "Do I look like motherfucker?" Good times.

Also, found out that some guy my friend and I have nicknamed Shaggy, due to his resembling Shaggy from the Scooby-Doo, is actually the father of one of my nephews. It was a scene straight out of a sitcom when I pieced it together.

I'm underage, but I just had a dinner party with my friends, and at one point we sat on a couch and I showed them Too Many Cooks. They were having all of it. Also, a glimpse into the sad life I live. This party was me and 4 girls. So with an uneven dude/girl ratio and the girls uncomfortable with kissing other girls, we decided not to kiss anyone at midnight.

I'm underage, but I just had a dinner party with my friends, and at one point we sat on a couch and I showed them Too Many Cooks. They were having all of it. Also, a glimpse into the sad life I live. This party was me and 4 girls. So with an uneven dude/girl ratio and the girls uncomfortable with kissing other girls, we decided not to kiss anyone at midnight.

Looks like it was too many girls that spoiled this broth.

One day, man, one day you'll get to go to bars and make out with sad bar people. Just hold on until that day.

I also have 90 days played on my WoW main alone, and I quit 6 years ago. It's probably 130 days all up between alts.

I played WoW for about a month, got to a point where I either had to grind solo quests for several hours straight to progress or play with people, and I hate playing with people so I dropped it directly after that.

I think I played Maple Story longer than WoW and I hate Maple Story with a passion.

Never cared for the bar scene, ick

The bar scene is one of the worst, ugliest and most depressing scenes in the world. But that's why I love it. I go in with my loud and happy go lucky personality and starkly contrast every person in there. It's super fun. I also just really like alcohol and drunk people are a blast.

Shit I forgot to tell you guys Happy New YEAR!!! I'm a bad friender. T-T

You could never be the worst Friender, JoJoniichan.

drunk make outs best make outs confirmed

There was never any question.

Oberon

Banned
I've spent about 4000 hours combined across DOTA, LoL and Dota 2 and I enjoyed 95% of those hours. Diff'rent strokes and all that.

The gamplay was simply not interesiting enough to keep me playing for half an hour per match.

Have you considered casual mode? I would pick around 10-15 units to dedicate your time in to, focusing on every single character is never a good thing in fire emblem. But i guess with awakening you can grind forever so you can focus on other characters after you beat the game. If you want every conversation, your gonna need to make multiple saves so it's best to just go with whatever you feel like. It's not like awakening is too difficult for any of the children to handle. But yea i would just focus on beating the game first without worrying to much about the other stuff. If you wanna see what kinda of characters you want to use, just look for each characters growth rates and make your team before hand

Yeah I think that's what I should do, I mean some of my characters are practicly one-(wo)men-armies. I'll try to remember that the next time I play

Mathaou

legacy of cane
The gamplay was simply not interesiting enough to keep me playing for half an hour per match.

Yeah I think that's what I should do, I mean some of my characters are practicly one-(wo)men-armies. I'll try to remember that the next time I play

Frederick fucks shit up, man.

demidar

I don't find that true at all, the gameplay is much more than just what you're doing moment-to-moment (last hits, zoning, harass, pulling, etc.) but you won't get that DotaVision until a few hundred hours (which is, to be fair, an utterly unreasonable amount of hours for the average person) which is when things get from good to great, if it hooks you. It's crack for mechanics whores like me.

I stand by Donnel being better than every child unit. He's a beast.

He's not. He, like all parents, have inferior potential (max stats) to almost every kid.

I would talk more but I gotta get to sleep. Good night everybody!

The bar scene is pathetic, you figure that out quickly even as a kid if you're around them enough.

That's what makes it so fun, though! Everyone is super depressing! It's hilarious to see the people who never grew out of it trying to hook up with 22 year old girls.

Kids have access to far more classes than their parents as well so they can get all the bullshit abilities like Galeforce, Sol, Pavise, Armsthrift, etc.

In my many playthrough and many viewings of many different people playing, I have never seen a literally invincible character that wasn't Donnel. Even the best of the best aren't actually invincible to every unit including the final boss.

croten

So you'd rather replay the entire game rather than grind a little?

Oberon

Banned
That's what makes it so fun, though! Everyone is super depressing! It's hilarious to see the people who never grew out of it trying to hook up with 22 year old girls.

Sounds like,fun?

So you'd rather replay the entire game rather than grind a little?

Yes, because I have more fun that way.
I don't do that only with FE, I have restarted Nocturne like 3 times because of stupid reason.

croten

In my many playthrough and many viewings of many different people playing, I have never seen a literally invincible character that wasn't Donnel. Even the best of the best aren't actually invincible to every unit including the final boss.
Wouldn't donnel's kid be far better than him by default?

Holy shit dude I just sat here and got drunk talking to you nerds.

Glad you had fun.

Never cared for the bar scene, ick
Same I'm not a fan of the idea of a bunch of people I don't know being around me while I'm intoxicated..
I would rather like just get drunk at home..it's more fun and cheaper :3

Oberon

Banned
Everything that isn't directly related to survival is a waste of time technically. Drinking is just a fun social thing, there are worse ways to waste a night. I would know, I've wasted them in many of those ways.

Oh, Oberon!

Goddamn it Oberon.

I am laughing at this more than I should be.

You're really pushing the incest thing aren't you?

Oh! Are you guys implying that the only reason someone would talk to a girl is for that reason? Shame on you!
I guess I should really stop with that, that could be another new year resolution?

I think a more pressing concern is that does Oberon have any sisters?

No, I have 4 brothers tho

Top Bottom