• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Alfebit

Banned
Well that makes sense. I figured you were just trying to push the joke as far as it could go and it honestly made me laugh every time you mention sisters.

1118.gif

You know what? Fuck it, I'm done with W101. It's a shame that the game makes as many mistakes as it possibly can to diminish its underlying quality.
I don't blame you. For how fantastic the game is, the game makes some ridiculously baffling design mistakes which just spoils the game.

You know what? Fuck it, I'm done with W101. It's a shame that the game makes as many mistakes as it possibly can to diminish its underlying quality.

I've noticed you seem quite picky about a lot of games recently. Are you not able to enjoy a game unless it's masterfully put together?

This is an honest question.

I know it's not that bad. I mean I'm Mexican, I've seen how bad it can get when I visit in Mexico

Oh geez. Mexico is a scary fuckin place man I was there once I'll never go back.

Game of Thrones is super overrated, and reading the first book it bothers me how many liberties the show takes to tell the story.
I know what you mean, I've read up to ADwD and watching the show and reading the books at the same time kinda gives me the feel of GoT is like on an alternate timeline then the books. Just things moved around or not there at all while maintaining the overall story.

Beloved

Game of Thrones is super overrated, and reading the first book it bothers me how many liberties the show takes to tell the story.

The books are awesome and I'm baffled you say that about the first book considering the show actually followed it pretty closely.
But it does start deviating a lot of ways through the 2nd and 3rd books.

But considering the author works closely on the show and even wrote some of the eps himself, I enjoy them both for what they are and basically view the show as a semi-canon alternate version of events.

Xiraiya

I've haven't really heard anyone hype it up more than it deserves really, it's just really solid in book form and TV form, though the author is involved with the show so you can take it as the TV version as being a remix (Think P4G) since they wanted to move around some things or take some things out etc. etc.

Beloved

I've haven't really heard anyone hype it up more than it deserves really, it's just really solid in book form and TV form, though the author is involved with the show so you can take it as the TV version as being a remix (Think P4G) since they wanted to move around some things or take some things out etc. etc.

P4G is kind of a bad example considering the fact the "remixing" in P4G just annoyed me. xD

The books are awesome and I'm baffled you say that about the first book considering the show actually followed it pretty closely.
But it does start deviating a lot of ways through the 2nd and 3rd books.

But considering the author works closely on the show and even wrote some of the eps himself, I enjoy them both for what they are and basically view the show as a semi-canon alternate version of events.

The books are awesome which is why it's bothered me.

What has bothered me is how some actor and actresses fail to match the descriptions Martin gives in his book :(

Also, for a fantasy period piece, they're all too TV pretty.

I wish his TV characters matched the book to a T. I'd like to see what 14 yr old Jon Snow would've looked like.

What has bothered me is how some actor and actresses fail to match the descriptions Martin gives in his book :(

I wish his TV characters matched the book to a T. I'd like to see what 14 yr old Jon Snow would've looked like.

I wonder what the show would be life if they just replaced the actors with kids that are the correct age and told them to act it out. I bet that shit would get real creepy real fast.

Beloved

I was gonna go with the Harry Potter series, they mixed it up a little but mostly stayed to the story.

Thats a better example, though the HP movies are decidedly average whereas the books are fantastically written. There are also many details left out or changed in ways that dont make sense or that nullify certain things that were actually important. That being said, I still love the movies.

Having all of the characters match descriptions just isnt feasible, but many of them do actually fit rather well.

As far as Jon Snow and the ages of "younger" characters in general, they were all bumped up in age by 3 years for the simple reason that there are many situations these characters get into that younger actors cannot feasibly act out (like explicit sexual situations, Daenerys is a good example of this, as she was only 13 at the beginning of the book series).

Show/movie adaptations HAVE to have some changes, it simply cannot be avoided. Though it does bother me when it gets taken too far, an example being the show True Blood. It started out strong and followed the books fairly closely, and the changes they did make were actually good ones. But then it just lost the plot completely and became a terrible fucking show.

Top Bottom