• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Zenfalcia

The Persona series is probably the biggest niche series ever. P5 will be just fine.

I hope so.
Atlus kind of has a difficult situation to deal with. They could just do P4 again except make it even more anime and it'd probably be extremely popular among fans and critics (though some might reject it). Personally, that would be where I'd give up on the series for good.

Atlus can also do something crazy and completely change the formula. Make a transition as big as P2 was to P3. It'd be insane to see what they could come up with, but if they abandoned the waifu pandering and social links, people would despise it for getting rid of that feature (unless its replaced with a similar mechanic in some way). It won't bomb financially, but people could hate it because people hate change in their video games. A lot of them don't even understand that social links and waifus weren't always a thing in Persona games.

That new "how would you improve Persona 5" thread was a perfect example where a majority of people thought I was talking about making it more like SMT4 instead of making it more like P2.

Yeah.. There's quite a lot they could do.. would they revamp everything or just stick with what works. with the dark grim theme it seems like it'll be more akin to p3 or older? It's a possibility.

demidar

Remember that the reception (and sales) to an entry of a series is reflected in the next entry. DMC2 sold a lot, but people only knew it was bad after they all played it, which made DMC3 sell a lot worse.

If lots of people hate the new changes of P5 (whatever they may be), the sales will only reflect that in a P5 Golden or P6, because people have already bought P5 before they knew they hated it/took a chance anyway because they loved P4.

When are we gonna get new info about mcdonalds-chan?
Persona-4-Dancing-All-Night-%E3%83%9A%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8A%EF%BC%94-%E3%83%80%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%8A%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88-6.jpg
what are the odds of Marie being in DAN?

110%

The worst outcome is not only does she do bad poetry, she tries to rap

*gag*

Also I think yukiko was originally the canon waifu, and thats not just my bias talking. There was that one little scene during the hotsprings visit where yu and her talk and he has no interactions like that with anyone else in the game....unless that is a scene that changes depending on the waifu youve romanced the most at that point...then never mind

Back from the bar, still pretty drunk. Didn't get laid, but I made out with a girl and she's been texting me since, so I'll probably put it in her later.

Fun night, then my best friend ditched me and I had to walk home, but either way it was a super good night.

Happiest of new years to all y'all frienders, I'm gonna go pass out drunk.

Tako

Back from the bar, still pretty drunk. Didn't get laid, but I made out with a girl and she's been texting me since, so I'll probably put it in her later.

Fun night, then my best friend ditched me and I had to walk home, but either way it was a super good night.

Happiest of new years to all y'all frienders, I'm gonna go pass out drunk.

Night badass and a Happy New Years to you too

Oberon

Banned
So by that logic, Yukari is the canon P3 waifu? I guess that makes sense. Oh wait, I haven't shat on P4G in this post yet: Every added content in P4G is still shit and Marie is a garbage waifu-bait character.

Also, just woke up and had breakfast. Still feeling a bit tired and have a massive headache, but that's because yesterday was a fun day tho. Not drunk anymore.

I am not even sure if you're serious anymore

Oberon

Banned
I'm always serious about shitting on Golden's added content. Other frienders generally join the fun as well. Why?

The way you phrased it made it seem like you were parodying those poeple.
I don't know enough about Golden to know if it's bad or not, I just know that Marie is a Waifu-bait-Tsundere.

So by that logic, Yukari is the canon P3 waifu? I guess that makes sense. Oh wait, I haven't shat on P4G in this post yet: Every added content in P4G is still shit and Marie is a garbage waifu-bait character.

Just woke up and had breakfast. Not drunk, so no, you're not the only one. Besides, being drunk isn't fun.
Well yeah yukari is the canon waifu based on mainly those scenes where they bond over having dead parents.
but mitsuru does say in the true ding of ultimax "well I used to have someone like that" when yosuke asks if she has a bf or a fiance so....maybe harems are canon!?

Oberon

Banned
Trying to get a new haircut is the worse. Because men only have 3 choices, silly, boring or Liam hair ( Or you shave it all)
Unfrortunatly I have reached the point where my haircut looks really stupid, so there's no other solution as to cut it short :(
Girls have way more choice with their hair.

Rizzi

I can never decide how to get my hair cut, so I just shave it. I haven't for a while though, so I'm kinda at babby Liam status.

Trying to get a new haircut is the worse. Because men only have 3 choices, silly, boring or Liam hair ( Or you shave it all)
Unfrortunatly I have reached the point where my haircut looks really stupid, so there's no other solution as to cut it short :(
Girls have way more choice with their hair.

Theres another choice in haircuts:
Don't

Oberon

Banned
I can never decide how to get my hair cut, so I just shave it. I haven't for a while though, so I'm kinda at babby Liam status.

Theres another choice in haircuts:
Don't

I kind of get pressured from my family to cut my hair, because "we aren't in the 70s anymore"
I would like to let grow more, but the tiniest brise makes my hair go up in the air. That's what botheres me the most.

Rizzi

I kind of get pressured from my family to cut my hair, because "we aren't in the 70s anymore"
I would like to let grow more, but the tiniest brise makes my hair go up in the air. That's what botheres me the most.

I have had really long hair before. I know that pressure.

Anung

Un Rama
Hey guys :D Happy New Year and all that. You guys have a good one? I went to a few clubs and somehow dodged the hangover bullet again.

I've learned a life lesson..never drink three different kinds of liquor in 5 hours.

Just kidding do it nerds last night was fun.
Whiskey>Vodka>Tequila.

Oberon

Banned
Now I remember why I stopped... If only the matches didn't take forever and without you having to commit it.

Yeah, tried to go into MOBAs too, but at the end they were nothing but a waste of my time.
Speaking of stop playing games, playing Fire emblem awakening is never stopping agony.
I have restarted the game at least 5 times, because I always stop playing, and then make new game when I pick it up after a while.
And I have no idea if I should let them day or not, I spent so much time in training them and I don't want to lose them just because a mage shoot a fire ball through a wall. And I don't want to miss any of the conversations, and sometimes I restart because i made the wrong pairing! And since I don't let anyone die, it takes ages to choose who to pick, and I want everyone to at the same level, but now, some of them are way stronger than the others and kill every enemy with one hit, that's why they're a way higher level than the others. I don't want to grind because I would get bored too quickly, that's why the best solution is to start a new game. That's why I will never finish this game

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, tried to go into MOBAs too, but at the end they were nothing but a waste of my time.
Speaking of stop playing games, playing Fire emblem awakening is never stopping agony.
I have restarted the game at least 5 times, because I always stop playing, and then make new game when I pick it up after a while.
And I have no idea if I should let them day or not, I spent so much time in training them and I don't want to lose them just because a mage shoot a fire ball through a wall. And I don't want to miss any of the conversations, and sometimes I restart because i made the wrong pairing! And since I don't let anyone die, it takes ages to choose who to pick, and I want everyone to at the same level, but now, some of them are way stronger than the others and kill every enemy with one hit, that's why they're a way higher level than the others. I don't want to grind because I would get bored too quickly, that's why the best solution is to start a new game. That's why I will never finish this game
Sounds about right.

I'll be going to wisconsin with my family and play football in the snow with my cousins.

How do you guys use GAF on moble?

Beloved

Good morning Frienders (or whatever time it may be where you are)

Hope everyone had a good/fun/safe New Years ^^

I was barely able to stay up until midnight

Top Bottom