• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I'll have to marathon the anime and maybe reread the manga.

It was her being over confident with her abilities, for her reasoning in the manga i don't quite remember, but i thought it was her trying to do her job. I'll reread akame just to get a refresh of the story. I suppose that was because it was written so you're supposed to care about tatsumi as the main character and he's strong from the armour and training

Also I forgot to mention the sheer irony of it, when she is first introduced to the group she is skeptical about all of them because they act confident outside of Akame..who really just doesn't act like anything.Then she becomes overconfident and the thing that she was worried about the other doing she ends up doing herself.

Anyway I'll shut up about my nitpicking with anime, I can see how people couldn't watch this though.

Gamer Y

Here's Pat, wanted to add Excuse me, but it probably wouldn't be legible.

AtWLP2J.png

360pages

Also I forgot to mention the sheer irony of it, when she is first introduced to the group she is skeptical about all of them because they act confident outside of Akame..who really just doesn't act like anything.Then she becomes overconfident and the thing that she was worried about the other doing she ends up doing herself.

Anyway I'll shut up about my nitpicking with anime, I can see how people couldn't watch this though.

Tatsumi sucks, I hate his guts, he is not the type of character that should be in that kind of series. Akame is just so boring as well...maybe I just grew out of her character archtype...but shit.

Xiraiya

Watching that Drift Video, Pat is right.

Gran Turismo did ruin racing games, I loved GT, and when I first played it at like the age of 9 or 10 and got really into figuring it out and doing the licenses and not driving like total garbage (Which is too complicated for Giant Bomb hilariously enough), that game was so much more enjoyable and satisfying than any other racing game before and after it, it was just that far above and going back to anything else just felt shallow and incomplete by comparison.

And that's still true, I can enjoy a good Need For Speed game on occasion but I still really want to play Gran Turismo games always.

I use to play a great deal of Destruction Derby 2 as well

Xenogears stuff
How come in combat no one flinches at guns but when its a cutscene people get so freaked out.
Like weve been shoy hundreds of times why is this any different.

Tatsumi sucks, I hate his guts, he is not the type of character that should be in that kind of series. Akame is just so boring as well...maybe I just grew out of her character archtype...but shit.

Tatsumi is fucking Kirito copy and pasted into another series except a little less confident.

No Akame is a serious victim of Part 1 SC Jotaro syndrome. Badass fighter but just sort of..emotionless and boring as a character.

Zenfalcia

Well, she is the only one in her previous groups that survived, so it's not surprising she's doubtful. She died because no one knew akame's sister would be inhuman. She probably still didn't fully trust everyone, which is why she thought she would work better as a lone wolf as she had in the past. The lone wolf part is a little assumption on my part.

Nah, you can nitpick since they are flaws. I kinda love the series but it has some problems.

It's also how you miss good shows. Meh, up to you.

Tiger and Bunny is pretty good tho.
Nothing amazing, but it has a really good heart[if that makes any sense], and I always appreciate that. Decent animation, art style, and likeable characters. Second episode is better than the first.
I'm all about Tiger right now, he's damn adorable main character.

croten

Xenogears stuff
How come in combat no one flinches at guns but when its a cutscene people get so freaked out.
Like weve been shoy hundreds of times why is this any different.

Because JRPG. This is in pretty much every game like this like Final Fantasy or whatever.

Beloved

Watching that Drift Video, Pat is right.

Gran Turismo did ruin racing games, I loved GT, and when I first played it at like the age of 9 or 10 and got really into figuring it out and doing the licenses and not driving like total garbage (Which is too complicated for Giant Bomb hilariously enough), that game was so much more enjoyable and satisfying than any other racing game before and after it, it was just that far above and going back to anything else just felt shallow and in complete by comparison.

And that's still true, I can enjoy a good Need For Speed game on occasion but I still really want to play Gran Turismo games always.

I use to play a great deal of Destruction Derby 2 as well

Giant Bomb needs to be renamed Giant Babby

Though I do enjoy their Persona 4 ER regardless.

And we wonder why the Zaibatsu thinks we're weird lol.

Well, she is the only one in her previous groups that survived, so it's not surprising she's doubtful. She died because no one knew akame's sister would be inhuman. She probably still didn't fully trust everyone, which is why she thought she would work better as a lone wolf as she had in the past. The lone wolf part is a little assumption on my part.

Nah, you can nitpick since they are flaws. I kinda love the series but it has some problems.

Even still being doubtful no matter the situation, they had killed one of their targets, so speaking just from a realistic standpoint if you have the opportunity to bring backup to fight someone you know very little about why wouldn't you just retreat and return with help in case something goes wrong or just wait until another opportunity arises. I'm just an asshole who likes to over think things. It is anime after all so who am I to be bitching about realism lol.

Glad you enjoyed it. You're super wrong about the card system, but it's ok. You think Eikichi is the best so I'll forgive you. Now go play the just as good, if not better, P2 Eternal Punishment. By the way, how do you plan on playing P2 EP?
I'm probably going to play/beat a few shorter games in between when I start it because that shit was long. Also PS1 version because only way. If that fan translation were done I'd use that but that's not happening.
Sonic all Stars racing looks like a fun racing game, even if it lacks some polish that Mario Kart has.
It's super fun, chaining drift and stunt boosts feels REALLY good. Gotta go fast

Glad you enjoyed it. You're super wrong about the card system, but it's ok. You think Eikichi is the best so I'll forgive you. Now go play the just as good, if not better, P2 Eternal Punishment. By the way, how do you plan on playing P2 EP?

But you're okay with telling him on the thread?
I dunno kinda?

Xiraiya

Sonic all Stars racing looks like a fun racing game, even if it lacks some polish that Mario Kart has.

Crash Team Racing is still the best Kart game, I enjoyed Mario kart like all sane kids, and then heard of CTR and even though I loved Crash Bandicoot games, I immediately thought "This has got to be a shitty ripoff"

It was a Mario Kart ripoff, only it was way cooler than Mario Kart and had no right to be that enjoyable.

Crash Team Racing is still the best Kart game, I enjoyed Mario kart like all sane kids, and then heard of CTR and even though I loved Crash Bandicoot games, I immediately thought "This has got to be a shitty ripoff"

It was, only it was way cooler than Mario Kart and had no right to be that enjoyable.

To this day I still love CTR, I never got the same feel from Nitro Kart when I got my PS2 it was almost like they were trying to hard to emulate the same experience. I recently played through it and beat it in about 2 hours. A fun afternoon still.

Zenfalcia

Tiger and Bunny is pretty good tho.
Nothing amazing, but it has a really good heart[if that makes any sense], and I always appreciate that. Decent animation, art style, and likeable characters. Second episode is better than the first.
I'm all about Tiger right now, he's damn adorable main character.

I'm not saying tiger and bunny is bad, and i even plan to watch it eventually.

I'm saying at least give gatchaman the full episode chance, and maybe her characterization would be more easily understood more than dumb girl character who loves notebooks. Anyways, i can't force you to watch it, so i'll stop.

Top Bottom