• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I'm probably going to play/beat a few shorter games in between when I start it because that shit was long. Also PS1 version because only way. If that fan translation were done I'd use that but that's not happening.

Not really what I meant. Are you going to play the game on your PS3 or something else? I ask because there's this neat little thing that you can only experience if you play it on a console.

I dunno kinda?

It really shouldn't matter. PMing him means that he will definitely see your message. So do that.

Zenfalcia

Even still being doubtful no matter the situation, they had killed one of their targets, so speaking just from a realistic standpoint if you have the opportunity to bring backup to fight someone you know very little about why wouldn't you just retreat and return with help in case something goes wrong or just wait until another opportunity arises. I'm just an asshole who likes to over think things. It is anime after all so who am I to be bitching about realism lol.

She was being careless and over confident, i don't know what else to say. Meh. The world has to be consistent or else it's just plain stupid, but then you have sakura trick doing stupid physics to cross balconies #gripes. If you want to look at it from another perspective, you can see it from an author's point of view and him wanting to have chelsea die to introduce more backstory of akane's sister and how it can be a shocking moments for the readers/viewers.

Not really what I meant. Are you going to play the game on your PS3 or something else? I ask because there's this neat little thing that you can only experience if you play it on a console.

It really shouldn't matter. PMing him means that he will definitely see your message. So do that.
Well I sent him a PM and now I feel kinda gross.

Oh I'll be using my PS1. What's the thing?

When you get close to a boss door your controller starts to vibrate. What's cool is that the vibration emulates a heartbeat.

Well I sent him a PM and now I feel kinda gross.

I was kidding. You should feel gross, you terrible, terrible person.
It's fine. Don't be a big babby.

Hah, I just saw this. I'm a little late, but it was pretty hype.

Beyond Two Souls would be way better if it was more like JoJo.

Did you ever meet this guy in the remake? I think he was the guy that was censored in the original Revalations:persona and I nearly died laughing at what he said.

Oh yeah that's Brown/Hidehiko. He works at the TV station. He's a dude from the first game. I didn't see him near Tony's shop though cause I just started sweeping everything for dialogue less and less over time. I feel bad about how much shit I missed.
When you get close to a boss door your controller starts to vibrate. What's cool is that the vibration emulates a heartbeat.
Aww fuck I'm salt.
Maybe it can still happen. Pls

She was being careless and over confident, i don't know what else to say. Meh. The world has to be consistent or else it's just plain stupid, but then you have sakura trick doing stupid physics to cross balconies #gripes. If you want to look at it from another perspective, you can see it from an author's point of view and him wanting to have chelsea die to introduce more backstory of akane's sister and how it can be a shocking moments for the readers/viewers.
That is a decent way too look at it. Chelsea died so another character could become interesting..how tragic..if only it could have been Tatsumi or Mine. By the way I fucking hate Mine..annoying little bitch. Sheele as well I hate the ditsy character in almost every anime there is.

Xiraiya

People are stupid, and it is terribly annoying. Their inability to comprehend English and basic logic is headache inducing.

Looking over my schedule for this spring semester, I just realized I have no classes on Thursdays. Weird.

Also, tomorrow I resume classes. Back to the trenches I go.

Looking over my schedule for this spring semester, I just realized I have no classes on Thursdays. Weird.

God speed to you soldier.

I shall see you there in a week...

From my computer desk in my pajama pants because online classes are godlike..except on Tuesdays.

If it were any other school, I'd be like whatever. But it's DigiPen, and I wanna get into the game industry so I have to put in the effort.

And I took an online psychology course before. It did not jive well with my procrastination. Still passed, somehow.
Well good luck to you man.

That seems to be the general problem for people who take online stuff. I love the freedom of it, I just schedule out certains that I work on each day, and if I happen to get all of my work for the week done early..then I get days off. Usually work everyday from 9-1 for 3 days and I have all my work done by Wed.

From my computer desk in my pajama pants because online classes are godlike..except on Tuesdays.
If it were any other school, I'd be like whatever. But it's DigiPen, and I wanna get into the game industry so I have to put in the effort.

And I took an online psychology course before. It did not jive well with my procrastination. Still passed, somehow.

How many hours did you clock in for your final game time? I'm at 50~ right now.

edit: nvm 42~
Almost 60

You can survive this friender

YEAH ONLINE CLASSES.
Except on m/w/f

Zenfalcia

That is a decent way too look at it. Chelsea died so another character could become interesting..how tragic..if only it could have been Tatsumi or Mine. By the way I fucking hate Mine..annoying little bitch. Sheele as well I hate the ditsy character in almost every anime there is.

well.. yeah.. basically. You could argue aniki's death was to make tatsumi more interesting.. man.. tatsumi needs more than child, with potential, fighting for his village. Mine isn't too bad in the manga, you might hate what happens with her, but meh.. sheele is barely interesting, i can't even defend her. Sorta expectations spoilers, but the author made some side stories in the manga to add more characterization of several characters, which the anime couldn't and didn't.

Zenfalcia

I think he means some people are from places where english isnt the dominant language and have come to a place where it is.
My mom doesnt fully get English because she lived in Mexico for like 30 years.

Xiraiya's point wasn't really about the english part, more like some people are morons.

edit: woops dped

well.. yeah.. basically. You could argue aniki's death was to make tatsumi more interesting.. man.. tatsumi needs more than child, with potential, fighting for his village. Mine isn't too bad in the manga, you might hate what happens with her, but meh.. sheele is barely interesting, i can't even defend her. Sorta expectations spoilers, but the author made some side stories in the manga to add more characterization of several characters, which the anime couldn't and didn't.

I would of rather had Bulat be the main character and just have Tatsumi die..just..for no fucking reason. Esdeath though, by far the most interesting character for me and the most likeable and relateable. Best Waifu as well.
10/10

So, i just finished the drifting tbf video. I can't say i expected them ever doing a racing game. It was fun to watch and listen to them talk about old racing games.

I'm sure there's a reason he's not dead, like plot reasons why he's there. She's not interesting just very likable. Since if you think about it, she just likes fighting and is strong, and also curious about things ;)
But I love girls who love fighting and are strong and curious about things. Plus that god damn generals outfit is the hottest thing ever fucking shit.

I just finished that video as well..hearing them talking about Cruisin USA brought back a lot of memories of me playing that at a bar my parents used to hang out at..I put some hours into that game.

Zenfalcia

So, i just finished the drifting tbf video. I can't say i expected them ever doing a racing game. It was fun to watch and listen to them talk about old racing games.

I would of rather had Bulat be the main character and just have Tatsumi die..just..for no fucking reason. Esdeath though, by far the most interesting character for me and the most likeable and relateable. Best Waifu as well.
10/10

I'm sure there's a reason he's not dead, like plot reasons why he's there. She's not interesting just very likable. Since if you think about it, she just likes fighting and is strong, and also curious about things ;)

This is pretty rad

Very Berserk
THAT IS BASICALLY BERSERK ART AND FUCK I LOVE IT
Catching up on Rule of Rose, I don't like this LP. I didn't like it back then and I still don't like it now. The game is just not made for it, it's too interesting on its own, but Matt and Pat don't know enough about what's going on to give any insight, and the combat isn't funny bad like Homecoming or Downpour, it's just kinda boring to watch, not to mention most of the game relies on atmosphere, so that's lost and you're just kinda left watching them follow Brown around.

Still funny and still has good moments, though.
Silent Hill 2 is even more atmosphere, but I'm hoping Pat being a super nerd expert will give them better commentary than Rule of Rose.

Good news frienders!
After one ep... I can't say I hate HxH. I actually rather enjoyed it. Again, nothing special, but it was okay. Like Tiger and Bunny, likeable characters, decent animation and writing.
I have to say that ender is something else though. Lol, this cutesy shonen headed up with screaming heavy metal like it's death note or something.

Right now, I'm more interested in T&B, but I can see myself sneaking in some eps of HxH here and there.
Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Xiraiya

So recently Beloved and I have been sharing a copy of FF8 and playing it, it is her first time and I have been giving her tips whenever it might be necessary,

The steam version of FF8 that came out awhile ago has the "Magic Booster" in the launcher.

What this does is add a selection of low-mid range spells to your characters to help you out. Now the issue here is, it will set only these spells to 100, it won't set any other spells or affect their amount. I understand the reasoning behind this feature, grinding/drawing magic in FF8 takes forever and it is tedious and terrible, so they wanted to market this as a way to get around that for the casual player that may not want to spend 8 hours refining and drawing magic.

That is a perfectly fine idea, the game is ancient after all.

My opinion is though that having it work this way is silly, let's take a new player, they use this feature, they see the magic it gives them and at best they have a basic understanding of Junctioning, they think "Awesome, got all this magic" and away they go, these are very useful spells early on but towards the middle of the game it'll be a different story.

So they're at a point , lets say near disk 3,where the game is starting to get more hectic and battles are becoming tedious because they've been leveling and using the same magic forever, at that point they either get tired and quit, or they start looking into how they go about drawing/refining good spells.

By now, during the story it is not the best time for someone to realize they need to put a bunch of hours to find this better stuff when they've had such an easy ride, their experience comes to a dead stop and they're now "strandard" in the water if you will.

So, I posted in the FF8 steam discussions that it would have made more sense if the magic booster didn't give you any spells per say, but would set the ones you have already to 100.

What this would mean is that the new player is still saved from the tedium of spending hours drawing/refining magic, but there is still a need for them to care/learn about the different mechanics in the game, so that they are use to it and will not get a rude shock half way through the game, the argument here is "That would mean getting 100 ultima on everyone would be pretty easy" That is indeed what it would mean, but then again it doesn't really matter when this version of the game has multiple "Win buttons" such as battle assist and "9999 mode".

Anyway, that's what I was on about and basically the comments were people not actually reading what I said and assuming I was just bad at the game or something.

I'm use to people being dumb, but then again ranting about dumb things is what I do.

Top Bottom