• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Hysoka is great, but
Over time I've come to see him as more of an antihero than a straight up villain, even with him being as fucked up as he is.

Hopefully they (HxH spoiler)
give him more development whenever the manga leaves its hiatus because he's a geniunely interesting character and a fan favorite when he's on screen.

I thought woolie couldnt count?

He's been gaining knowledge....watching...learning. Every opponent he steals from only makes him more powerful.

Nothing says "I am going to have sex with/murder" you quite like that.

BTW, in case you guys didn't see, PlatinumGames posted a New Year's greeting video. It's pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FbFLSKJgVM
It's the best expression.
Man I have some weird fetishes..

Truth. Even though I barely play any JRPGs, so I'm kinda a bad judge.

It really is though. It beats out FF7 and FF8 for me, just because it holds up so well even today the art is fantastic since it's that classic SNES look and the story still holds up really well. On top of that I still cannot find a game with the gameplay that it has and flows as well as it does.

Xiraiya

Hopefully they (HxH spoiler)
give him more development whenever the manga leaves its hiatus because he's a geniunely interesting character and a fan favorite when he's on screen.

I don't think it's a secret he's a fan favorite, that was like "the" thing I knew about HxH before I knew anything about it, that Hysoka was a crazy asshole everyone loves.

Yes, both of my recommendations are working!

I would put HxH above Tiger and Bunny (it hits it stride later, but since you enjoyed the first episode it'll get even better for you), but I do think you should finish Tiger and Bunny first since that's short and done.

Yeah, sounds about right. 1 ep for HxH is barely a taste and not enough to start grading, I was merely stating where I'm standing right now on it.
And, my only misgiving for T and B is I'm worried Bunny is not going to win me over, but as long as Tiger is grade A mancrush material, I believe I'll enjoy myself.
Also, Sanji voice!
If he starts going nuts over girls anytime in this show I'm going to lose it.

It's a cutesy shonen right now, in ep 1. When and if that changes in the show, and I see it, I'll acknowledge it. Deal?

ultimax

MergoOdweel

Fraudbeats confirmed as a fraud.
Commie_Berserk_Golden_Age_Chapter_I_Egg_of.jpg

It really is though. It beats out FF7 and FF8 for me, just because it holds up so well even today the art is fantastic since it's that classic SNES look and the story still holds up really well. On top of that I still cannot find a game with the gameplay that it has and flows as well as it does.

I'm surprised no turn based game has come close to reaching the gameplay perfection that CT is. The game still feels great, plays quick, and never feels grindy.

And it's like 25 hours, so it never overstays it's welcome. Love it.
Oh...I can already see things kinda going downhill...
Can you see the budget and time? It's running away.

I'm surprised no turn based game has come close to reaching the gameplay perfection that CT is. The game still feels great, plays quick, and never feels grindy.

And it's like 25 hours, so it never overstays it's welcome. Love it.

It's sad I almost bought a SNES just to fucking play CT again with the full nostalgia feel...I think I might still buy one..fuck it

It's a cutesy shonen right now, in ep 1. When and if that changes in the show, and I see it, I'll acknowledge it. Deal?

Sure.

I don't think it's a secret he's a fan favorite, that was like "the" thing I knew about HxH before I knew anything about it, that Hysoka was a crazy asshole everyone loves.

I honestly knew nothing about the show going in. Last winter, I decided to check it out on a whim, since I was stuck in bed after wisdom tooth surgery, and was instantly in love from Episode 1. That show took me on some serious twists and made me feel so many different emotions.

Oh...I can already see things kinda going downhill...

I should let you know now, when the world opens back up again, there is a sidequest you MUST do for one of your characters (Xenogears spoilers)
Emeralda, so that she can become a lot stronger and your third permanent party member.

Though I'm guessing Xenoblade managed to side step that? A shame either way, since I can't stand playing that fucking game.

Nintendo seal of quality trumped the Takahashi curse. They're why Bayo 2 and GOAT Platinum game W101 exists.

I don't think they had a quality drop in episode 3 tho. It was pretty consistant.

Episode 3 is a miracle. Don't ask me how that manages to exist and where the budget for that game came from. I'm not even sure Takahashi himself knows. But considering that was supposed to be a six game series....just woof.

sjay1994

So.... this Dragon Age Inquisition thing.

Pat was right.... its pretty eh.

Also, I love how blatant the "romance" ability is. Just a giant fucking heart in the dialouge wheel.

joe2187

Banned
I got trolled by a gryphon in SMTIV

-Can I recruit you?
CAN YOU DIG!? HURRY DIG HERE!
-Choice: Dig, Dig, Dig.
-You hastily dig at your feet
GOOD THAT YOUR GRAVE YOU DIE HERE
One Hit Kill attack.

GODDAMMIT!

Its pretty jarring, but if it helps, it will pick itself back up and get back to being much more like disc one. You're going through the worst of it now
The part that got me the most was
just skipping Elly and Emeralda doing the nanomachine things and just putting a giant wall of text saying "and then we did the thing." Also the whole thing with Ramus and just putting that whole encounter into text.

The part that got me the most was
just skipping Elly and Emeralda doing the nanomachine things and just putting a giant wall of text saying "and then we did the thing." Also the whole thing with Ramus and just putting that whole encounter into text.

Stuff you're reading now was supposed to be in the main game. And it would have been fucking hype too. God damn, playing the fully realized Xenogears would have been amazing. Would have put it over the top as the best JRPG ever instead of just top 10.

-Can I recruit you?
One Hit Kill attack.

GODDAMMIT!

At least demon girls don't call you a pervert because you told them to pee right in front of you ;__;

Zenfalcia

-Can I recruit you?
One Hit Kill attack.

GODDAMMIT!

Git gud tho.

It's rough but you'll get the hang of it!
or get decimated so hard you want to cry.
At least demon girls don't call you a pervert because you told them to pee right in front of you ;__;

Not yet, but he will eventually.

Top Bottom