• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

MncPsycho

Neo Member
This monster girl shit is scary. We have really progressed into a strange comfort level to be talking about which monster/girl combos are most bangable.
Does human count? They are the true monsters.

Jman014

This monster girl shit is scary. We have really progressed into a strange comfort level to be talking about which monster/girl combos are most bangable.
Does human count? They are the true monsters.

Humans are the true monsters! Go generic humans!

ultimax

Noooooooo
80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Numb

Very high

Mine are high too. i wish they would make berserk games every year, the potential is limitless. Look at this badass!
52041_371094539695740_1717912149_o.jpg

Since it wont be easy to cover the entire manga they could make games out of different arcs and even make them different genres.

1. Golden age can be turned into turn based sRPG like banner saga where you control the band of the white hawk. you would take down Commanders, count, castles and kings. It would also work as a musou game more so than Zelda and Dragon Quest. In those games you dont face hundreds of enemies at once but Guts does that. Just imagine unlocking and playing as The God Hand.

2. Black swordsman arc can be turned into an open world RPG like mordor where you can go to different towns and kick some apostl asses. You could even cop and paste the nemesis system since it blends in perfectly in the universe with how Guts and Zod are rivals. The generals can be The God Hand.

3. A Telltale game is not even that weird since their is more than enough political intrigue and wars with different factions in the series. They are making GoT now and berserk could be just as good. The things Griffith did to get to where he is are GoT fans wet dream.
dude basically has sex with dudes to get ahead and get support and supplies for his army even though he doesnt want to do it

4. You could give other established games a berserk make over like chess for example. Guts can be the king and Griffith the queen. Caska would be the knight etc.

But it seems unlikely that any berserk games for next gen are coming. Is there no interest or did no one approach Miura? Was the armour in Dragons dogma a test to see if there was interest in a berserk game from capcom? At this point i would gladly take any berserk game even if it is a mobile one as long as it is good. Those slight references in dark souls are not enough for me man.

I just wish Berserk would get chapters regularly. It has moved no where in years.
But at least the last chapter gave us Rickett slapping Griffith.

Jman014

Mine are high too. i wish they would make berserk games every year, the potential is limitless. Look at this badass!

Since it wont be easy to cover the entire manga they could make games out of different arcs and even make them different genres.

1. Golden age can be turned into turn based sRPG like banner saga where you control the band of the white hawk. you would take down Commanders, count, castles and kings. It would also work as a musou game more so than Zelda and Dragon Quest. In those games you dont face hundreds of enemies at once but Guts does that. Just imagine unlocking and playing as The God Hand.

2. Black swordsman arc can be turned into an open world RPG like mordor where you can go to different towns and kick some apostl asses. You could even cop and paste the nemesis system since it blends in perfectly in the universe with how Guts and Zod are rivals. The generals can be The God Hand.

3. A Telltale game is not even that weird since their is more than enough political intrigue and wars with different factions in the series. They are making GoT now and berserk could be just as good. The things Griffith did to get to where he is are GoT fans wet dream.
dude basically has sex with dudes to get ahead and get support and supplies for his army even though he doesnt want to do it

4. You could give other established games a berserk make over like chess for example. Guts can be the king and Griffith the queen. Caska would be the knight etc.

But it seems unlikely that any berserk games for next gen are coming. Is there no interest or did no one approach Miura? Was the armour in Dragons dogma a test to see if there was interest in a berserk game from capcom? At this point i would gladly take any berserk game even if it is a mobile one as long as it is good. Those slight references in dark souls are not enough for me man.

I don't know anything about Berserk but I'd play a Telltale Berserk game just because it's a Telltale game.

Squishy3

I don't know anything about Berserk but I'd play a Telltale Berserk game just because it's a Telltale game.
Just shut up and read Berserk. The movies are ok too but they have less than stellar CG. The manga is good from issue 1 and the art stays good throughout unlike a lot of manga where the art is kind of poor in the beginning and improves as the author continues.

croten

If a Berserk game is made and it isn't an action game or an open world RPG then IDGAF. Hell just let me play Dragons Dogma on PC and I'll run around as Gutts with Griffith as my Pawn

Numb

You'll have to pry that idolm@ster shit from Miura's fucking hands to get him writing chapters more regularly.

Taking a year long hiatus was pretty crazy. Atleast he wrote Gigantomakhia during the break a manga starring a wrestler. Berserk author writing a manga with a wrestler sound like a matt fanfiction.

Jman014

Just shut up and read Berserk. The movies are ok too but they have less than stellar CG. The manga is good from issue 1 and the art stays good throughout unlike a lot of manga where the art is kind of poor in the beginning and improves as the author continues.

Nupe I don't read manga.

Numb

That's why I said the movies are ok, despite some less than great CG. Just know the story is never going to be continued past the ending of the 3rd movie in an animated format. This is the 2nd time they've tried.

I didnt watch the movies but did they also end with the crazy cliffhanger from the anime?

Top Bottom