• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

You actually watch
Bible Black
for the Oscar* caliber story and voice acting?

images

Dubs that are amazing:

FMA:Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Space Dandy
Trigun
Bleach
One Piece(after Funimation took over)
Akira
Hellsing Ultimate
Gurren Lagaan
Evangelion
GANTZ
FLCL
GITS
Durarara!!
Deadman Wonderland
Monster

There's more but I am having so many fucking memory issues and remembering shit is getting harder every fucking year.

I swear everyone with this oppinion didn't watch DBZ dubbed.

Yeah, say what you will about the 4-kids dub and its cuts. The voices for the characters were actually pretty good.

Thank you for saying this.
Even as much as I love his japanese voice actor, Sanji will always have a thick Brooklyn accent to me. But he will never be a time traveling super saiyan, I'm sorry.
Honestly, I think Funi's dub is actually what turned me onto subs in the first place now that I think on it...

I don't think DBZ was ever dubbed by 4kids.

He's talking about One Piece.

Zenfalcia

Man I'm going to have a bad time when I catch up to Prison School/JoJo

I don't remember saying anything about Big Band

A good way to fix that is have tons of other series to fall back to if you want to keep reading... But then you make a huge list of mangas..

Speaking of which.. time to catch up on prison school.
Yeah that's true. Lamia is still best girl atm.

She's pretty cute and has an entertaining personality.

A good way to fix that is have tons of other series to fall back to if you want to keep reading... But then you make a huge list of mangas..

She's pretty cute and has an entertaining personality.

First harem I've read or watched where one of the characters didn't get on my nerves.

Anyway I'm gonna read this chapter then go to bed.

Night~

Zenfalcia

First harem I've read or watched where one of the characters didn't get on my nerves.

Anyway I'm gonna read this chapter then go to bed.

Night~

It's hard to hate monster girls. ;) it also depends on what you've read.

Will you just stop at one? There's a few more chapters you can read...

JoJo isn't bad since each arc is pretty self contained. I'm just waiting on reading more Part 8 rather than reading each month.

YEAAH
I meant when I catch up to Part 8 and have to wait for updates

Oh I have a few, but it's still not a fun feeling when the tap runs dry

Zenfalcia

I meant when I catch up to Part 8 and have to wait for updates

Oh I have a few, but it's still not a fun
feeling when the tap runs dry

On the bright side.. i'm only in part 5 for jojo.. i have so much to read..

Its terrible when it's right in then middle of an arc. Like right before something is going to happen.
I'm already on chapter seven o.o I could probably get caught up on this tonight.

You probably can finish it in an hour and a half. Depending on your reading speed.

Its terrible when it's right in then middle of an arc. Like right before something is going to happen.
Yeah it takes me a while to remember what the fuck is happening in Gangsta. because that shit updates like once a year.

You probably can finish it in an hour and a half. Depending on your reading speed.
I love reading manga but this is why I stopped lol.

I read them too fast and then I finish them and I can't find another I like.
Well.. you can get recommendations from others?
I never had anyone to get recommendations from until I met you guys lol.

Zenfalcia

Man.. i forgot how fun prison school is.. i don't even know where this can go.. i'm on chapter 84. For anyone who cares.

Yeah it takes me a while to remember what the fuck is happening in Gangsta. because that shit updates like once a year.

Does it have short recaps at least?

Well.. you can get recommendations from others?

It usually takes me a while to read through things because I give them voices and like to look at the art, I feel like I'm the only one that does this because everyone else gets through them at like 5x the speed
Man.. i forgot how fun prison school is.. i don't even know where this can go.. i'm on chapter 84. For anyone who cares.

Does it have short recaps at least?
I'm on like 13 I think, it's so dumb I love it. Also kinda not really, it's just those little boxes at the bottom that's basically "These are the dudes, some bullshit's happening, yeah have fun"

Zenfalcia

It usually takes me a while to read through things because I give them voices and like to look at the art, I feel like I'm the only one that does this because everyone else gets through them at like 5x the speed

I'm on like 13 I think, it's so dumb I love it. Also kinda not really, it's just those little boxes at the bottom that's basically "These are the dudes, some bullshit's happening, yeah have fun"

Uh.. yeah.. i burn through the pages admiring the art from time to time.. but usually just invested in the dialogue and how everything looks at a glance.

You have a lot to catch up on.. like 130? Or so. Ah, well it depends on how much of the story matters... Or you could go back and reread some older chapters.

I do the voices thing lol. It's weird for me to read a manga and then watch the anime and the characters have completely different voices then what I imagined.

That's why I prefer reading over watching. I'm much less likely to drop a manga than I am an anime.
That's true. I really need to go to bed..but monster girls tho.

I'm amazed you guys can just goto a new thing right after you finish a thing. I usually take forever to start a book or a manga, but once I start I sprint to the finish and then don't read anything for weeks.

Zenfalcia

Oh god.. this is too good. Prison school is great as always.
like how can a girl be so klutzy that her panties fall off, get caught in a tortoise shell knot...
now with 60 chapters to go.. i don't even know what'll happen..

That's true. I really need to go to bed..but monster girls tho.

They call out for thee. Do not abandon them in their time of need.

You can sleep later.
Oh god.. this is too good. Prison school is great as always.
like how can a girl be so klutzy that her panties fall off, get caught in a tortoise shell knot...
now with 60 chapters to go.. i don't even know what'll happen..
You haven't seen anything yet.

Zenfalcia

I'm amazed you guys can just goto a new thing right after you finish a thing. I usually take forever to start a book or a manga, but once I start I sprint to the finish and then don't read anything for weeks.

It's easy since i love to multi-task so switching is pretty easy. It's not the same for everyone, but i just jump from series to series due to lack of updates or just other reasons like not having other chapters available.. the worst thing about this is it takes me forever to finish things..

Oh, i know... Like.. if the quality is like this or higher.. woof.. where can it even go?

I'm just gonna start reading manga chapters in between my purchases of Ippo from my local anime store.

They call out for thee. Do not abandon them in their time of need.

You can sleep later.

Well I'm on chapter 12 so <.<

Okay I'm at the half way point. I'm heading to bed. Night you three~

Uh.. yeah.. i burn through the pages admiring the art from time to time.. but usually just invested in the dialogue and how everything looks at a glance.

You have a lot to catch up on.. like 130? Or so. Ah, well it depends on how much of the story matters... Or you could go back and reread some older chapters.
Yeah I still got a while but it's still in my mind that it'll end eventually because I'm weird
I do the voices thing lol. It's weird for me to read a manga and then watch the anime and the characters have completely different voices then what I imagined.
I hate when my voices start changing and then I realize who I'm making them sound like and I can't unhear it and make them sound how I used to
For games I start different kinds of games unless I'm doing short sequels. Manga/shows/animes I do take breaks in between

I'm the complete opposite. Its so easy for me to jump to new things, but I will hardly ever finish something, unless I'm really liking it.

And even then, if its longer than like 5 hours, still won't marathon it. I'll take a break from it for days/weeks/months and come back later when im in the mood.

For games I start different kinds of games unless I'm doing short sequels. Manga/shows/animes I do take breaks in between

Now that I'm thinking about it I actually don't plan anything and just kinda drift between random bullshit with my time. So...
I'm the complete opposite. Its so easy for me to jump to new things, but I will hardly ever finish something, unless I'm really liking it.

And even then, if its longer than like 5 hours, still won't marathon it. I'll take a break from it for days/weeks/months and come back later when im in the mood.
I marathon everything except games and any anime over 50 episodes. Lots of games I can't marathon at all. For those I'm like you.

I know that feel so much. I barely finish anything that I start, manga, game, anything.

I gotta really like this thing a lot, and it gotta be short enough for it to keep my attention, or else I'm going to call it a day, then forget to watch it again.

Zenfalcia

I know that feel so much. I barely finish anything that I start, manga, game, anything.

I gotta really like this thing a lot, and it gotta be short enough for it to keep my attention, or else I'm going to call it a day, then forget to watch it again.

You guys sound like me...

Read the first four chapters of Prison school earlier. Its pretty decent, some moments already had me laughing (especially with the art), but the cringe has definitely been strong so far. I probably won't continue it until its 100% done or gets an anime adaptation though because fuck following manga that aren't done, not named Berserk.

I marathon everything except games and any anime over 50 episodes. Lots of games I can't marathon at all. For those I'm like you.

I think I can only marathon RPGs, but that's because they're so slow and generally easy, that I can put a podcast or video on the background as well.

I sat through 9 episodes straight of AoT and was sad that I was too tired to continue it, and that was like a week ago and I still haven't seen another episode. Too many things just get my attention more.

Zenfalcia

Read the first four chapters of Prison school earlier. Its pretty decent, some moments already had me laughing (especially with the art), but the cringe has definitely been strong so far. I probably won't continue it until its 100% done or gets an anime adaptation though because fuck following manga that aren't done, not named Berserk.

I think I can only marathon RPGs, but that's because they're so slow and generally easy, that I can put a podcast or video on the background as well.

Sklafarebear confirmed for hating the HxH manga.

Even if it's not completed you can still read it..

Now that I'm thinking about it I actually don't plan anything and just kinda drift between random bullshit with my time. So....
Yeah I don't either, just whenever I'm like "I should probably start this now"
So you're just waiting for it to finish so you can read it without worrying about updates?
Nah I'm going through it along with the bad JoJo anime, just whenever I have nothing else to do instead of dedicating time to it

I'm the kind of person that rarely drops things and has to finish something they start. The last thing I "dropped" was Viewtiful Joe months ago because the boss rush was kicking my ass too hard. I'll keep trying eventually though maybe.

I sat through 9 episodes straight of AoT and was sad that I was too tired to continue it, and that was like a week ago and I still haven't seen another episode. Too many things just get my attention more.

I watched the first five episodes of the fourth season of Korra, before deciding to do something else. Haven't seen an episode since.

That was back in November. I should probably remedy that, but it's probably not going to happen tomorrow.

I watched the first five episodes of the fourth season of Korra, before deciding to do something else. Haven't seen an episode since.

That was back in November. I should probably remedy that, but it's probably not going to happen tomorrow.

You think that's bad? I haven't even finished the HxH anime. I got to the end of chimera ant and stopped and never finished the last arc. And I'm not even in the mood to watch the rest of it even though I loved it.

Don't you guys love it when a game is super easy until the last boss who is super hard and tells you to git gud?
Because I hate it.

Sounds like Paper Mario 2.

Zenfalcia

Nah I'm going through it along with the bad JoJo anime, just whenever I have nothing else to do instead of dedicating time to it

Yeah, that's a good way of doing it. Which is why i love being able to read on the go or just while doing other things.
I've seen a lot of the art of that thing.

Yeah, I don't hate it, but the anime looks 100000000x better.

I see, it can't be that bad...

Don't you guys love it when a game is super easy until the last boss who is super hard and tells you to git gud?
Because I hate it.
Oh still trying to beat
Nyarlathrotep?
P2:IS stuff for those wondering
Sounds like Paper Mario 2.
Oh god that fucking Queen, I underestimated her the first time.
Yeah, that's a good way of doing it. Which is why i love being able to read on the go or just while doing other things.
Man I'd totally do that if Prison School weren't the worst thing to read in public, and if it wouldn't kill my data plan.

Top Bottom