• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I don't know why I never bothered with it before, but trying out different weapons in Ghost Squad provides some interesting results. Shotguns are so good when it comes to getting double kills for extra points, but using them in hostage situations fucks things up super hard. Then there's sniper rifles with high penetrations, and pistols that for the most part just serve to go along with the police and Virtua Cop 3 uniform. Also there's a machine gun that does not require you to reload it, but it will overheat if you hold the trigger down for too long.

Experimenting with load outs has screwed me up at times, but I ain't rushing to get to level 99. Only 17 so far.

Fuck, this game is so goddamn fucking good.

I would perfer to have a Matador in SMT3

So basically you want the git gud boss earlier in the game, like Cerberus in DMC3? Honestly, I think the game needs both, but I do agree if a game is for the most part easy, then the difficulty spikes at the final boss, its kind of lame. Unless its challenging in a fun way, which in most RPG's, its not.

Zenfalcia

Woof.. chapter 89.. well i expected it but man.. this art.. *loud sweating*

The image is broken for me.. D:

Edit: oh you fixed it.
I don't know why I never bothered with it before, but trying out different weapons in Ghost Squad provides some interesting results. Shotguns are so good when it comes to getting double kills for extra points, but using them in hostage situations fucks things up super hard. Then there's sniper rifles with high penetrations, and pistols that for the most part just serve to go along with the police and Virtua Cop 3 uniform. Also there's a machine gun that does not require you to reload it, but it will overheat if you hold the trigger down for too long.

Experimenting with load outs has screwed me up at times, but I ain't rushing to get to level 99. Only 17 so far.

Fuck, this game is so goddamn fucking good.

Well it's not like you lose anything for experimenting right?

Well it's not like you lose anything for experimenting right?
Well, funny enough I've yet to get a score that beats my first playthrough, which is with the default weapon. My second best score is like 30K short.

So that's basically what I'm losing out on. Nothing else, really. Still yet to successfully 1CC the game though, I always end up having to use at least a couple continues.

I just found a copy on Amazon for $4. It is now on its way.
Hell yeah!

It'a fine. Just git gud and fuse some other personas or grind more?

You don't do fusions in the older Persona games. You grind for cards that let you get a persona of that arcana. Its way less fun than P3 and P4. Also I got the perfect Personas for the boss fight anyways. Its like I got my characters'
Thantos
in P3

Zenfalcia

Well, funny enough I've yet to get a score that beats my first playthrough, which is with the default weapon. My second best score is like 30K short.

So that's basically what I'm losing out on. Nothing else, really. Still yet to successfully 1CC the game though, I always end up having to use at least a couple continues.

It's fun to experiment. You'll get through it eventually with enough plays.

You don't do fusions in the older Persona games. You grind for cards that let you get a persona of that arcana. Its way less fun than P3 and P4. Also I got the perfect Personas for the boss fight.

Welp.. i'm a fraud then.

Yeah, sounds fun. What's even killing you, being under leveled or other reasons?

Yeah.. that part was cool.. it was like woah! You can get him and he's super good? I used him a lot.. and fused him with some amazing skills.

What an amazing jogo. There's no other way to prevent it from hitting? Or lowering the chances?
There's a move that reflects magic attacks for one party member but again, one party member. I don't know if it kills the same members for UT each time. And then you have to waste someone else's turn reviving them, and there's a chance he could just do it again next turn

mrmyhthef

Eyy Super Mario 3D World finally turned up in the mail took a goddamn minute christ

Don't buy preowned kids. Disc didn't even WORK. Got a new copy now so it's fine.

Difficulty curve is pretty subjective and depends on the game and your own personal experience with it.

Especially in JRPGs where it's random what enemies use what moves. I know in SMT3 my brother had tonnes of trouble with Beelzebub but found Metatron super easy whereas for me it was the opposite. Main difference was how many times they decided to use their signature moves. I also got my ass kicked by Thor in the final dungeon, which was pretty embarrassing.

Zenfalcia

There's a move that reflects magic attacks for one party member but again, one party member. I don't know if it kills the same members for UT each time. And then you have to waste someone else's turn reviving them, and there's a chance he could just do it again next turn

Well.. sounds like a normal thing.. persona was kinda like that.. war of attrition and trying to keep your members alive while trying to kill the boss..

I don't think that would have worked tho
Maya reflects magic attacks and the instakill was hitting her.

Well.. sounds like a normal thing.. persona was kinda like that.. war of attrition and trying to keep your members alive while trying to kill the boss..
Yeah it was clutch for me because I was running out of items
I don't think that would have worked tho
Maya reflects magic attacks and the instakill was hitting her.
Then yeah, not much you can do except manage revives and heals well.

Also holy fuck for those wondering this this anime already fucked up not just faces, but two hair colors and how a fight happens.

Ah, i was thinking you couldn't get prepped up before the boss or before whatever leads up the the boss.
No the last dungeon is just super fucking long and I just did it in one go without going back. So by the time I got to the boss I ran out of the cure items I was using and the small SP restores. I was worried I wouldn't have enough higher SP items to finish the fight but I did. Thrilling tale I know

Zenfalcia

No the last dungeon is just super fucking long and I just did it in one go without going back. So by the time I got to the boss I ran out of the cure items I was using and the small SP restores. I was worried I wouldn't have enough higher SP items to finish the fight but I did. Thrilling tale I know

So, it's partially your own fault for doing it in one go.

All video game tales are thrilling. Especially the most boring.

So, it's partially your own fault for doing it in one go.

All video game tales are thrilling. Especially the most boring.
Pretty much yeah but that shit was long. I did not wanna go back through it again
I have never played Persona 3.

Should I correct this?

Like Pat said, most normal people can't go back to FES after 4. Its super easy to go back to 2: Innocent Sin tho. You should go play that.

Play Nocturne instead.
Just do them all, at the same time. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with this idea

Zenfalcia

It's an ouroboros of video games. All consuming, never ending.

Video games never end. There are always more video games to play instead of another video game. Especially when others play video games.
Pretty much yeah but that shit was long. I did not wanna go back through it again

Just do them all, at the same time. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with this idea

It couldn't have been that bad...
Dont you just hate video games? they're terrible!

They get in the way of other video games, manga, and anime! They're too fun and that's why it makes them so terrible!

ultimax

Videogames are literally Hitler
insert P2 hitler

Video games never end. There are always more video games to play instead of another video game. Especially when others play video games.

It couldn't have been that bad...

They get in the way of other video games, manga, and anime! They're too fun and that's why it makes them so terrible!

I did the thing part 2 ;~;

btw that avatar caught me off guard, goodwil.
10/10

Videos games are the devil. That's why the kids are down with them

I'd like to hear you say that after going through
floors with that encounter rate and depleting items

Also going to bed, see you guys in a few hours
P2 Last dungeon Spoilers:
Did you chose the long route? Mine was only 9
Also night.

Top Bottom