• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Whenever I think of Super Mario RPG, I can't stop thinking about NintendoCapriSun singing the forest maze song when I used to watch his LPs back in the day.

Ok so are we spoiling everything SMRPG related or is it free to talk about?

Because I forget what's considered a spoiler in the game. I remember every area so vividly.

It's one of those games i replay every year.

Ya'll motherfuckers need to play Super Mario RPG

Why don't you say you haven't played Chrono Trigger you are at it...

Don't say that. Me heart can't take that

Oh and don't mind me, I've never played it, but I have no problems with reading SMRPG spoilers versus watching the whole game.
Nah that game is da bess. I only played it like 2 years ago though.

I haven't played chrono trigger. I hate turn based rpgs man

Damn. I was going off seeing a ton of PCSX2 screenshots. That sucks.

They tried super hard that one time...

PS2 vs PC differences, go for what Glass said before. You can fix up SH2 on PC as well.

I need to get paid first, but when I get paid on friday i'll buy it off amazon or something

All this talk of the SH2 LP makes me salty all over again about the HD collection being shit.

Like, really fucking salty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu4Q-9k8jAM&feature=player_detailpage#t=459

Apparently SH2 emulation has broken cutscenes according to croten. Do what Glass said, or let me try and get back to you on making SH2 work on PC.

I mean if I can find a copy of silent hill 2 on pc that doesn't cost like 70 bucks. I rarely pirate games because I always end up messing something up and the whole thing shits it's pants

It's the greatest of it's genre. play it just to see weather you hate it or not.

I gotta finish system shock first

Xiraiya

Yes.
I was given shit for spoiling FF7 so I asked for courtesy sake.
At some point you just have to look a person in the eyes, point at them, and say "Shut up." Or else this shit will just keep spiraling into even more nonsense if people run rampart about fussing over spoilers from a game like Super Mario RPG.

croten

It's one of the few turn based RPGs on where I absolutely adore the combat engine. It's fastpaced, extremely well balanced, and it feels fun to fight in it.

Again, SquareSoft at their peak.

I agree with this, Crono Trigger is the RPG everyone likes. Even people who hate RPGs

What's the deal with the HD collection? What makes it so bad?

I loved Silent Hill 2, but never played HD.
It was a LOT worse on release, and Silent Hill 3's new VA gets the game the shorter end of the stick by far, but
Crashing and freezing.
Severe frame rate drops.
Lag upon receiving Trophies/Achievements.
Graphical glitches.
Sound loops.
Audio glitches, even to the extent of dialog missing.[16] Sometimes, the background audio may stop entirely and there will be a few seconds of silence. [17]
Reduced transparencies of fog, glass, shadows, etc.
Fog appearing where there should be no fog.[18]
Missing shadows, especially on characters.[19]
The game being too dark, even with the in-game brightness maxed.
Glitchy depth of field.[20]
Blurry scenes where there should be no blur.[21]
Non-blurry scenes where there should be blur.[22]
The Lyne house not loading.[23]
Extremely pixelated shadows.[24]

Some issues specific to the PlayStation 3 version upon launch were:

Erratic walking speed, at worst rendering the game virtually unplayable.
Game running before loading screens cleared (potentially allowing players to take unavoidable damage or miss the first bits of many cutscenes).

-
A patch fixed the lipsync and missing sound stuff mostly, but it's still bad.

ultimax

and this is why you don't trust people named Tom!
but seriously, fuck everything
What's the deal with the HD collection? What makes it so bad?

I loved Silent Hill 2, but never played HD.

apparently the HD collection is unplayable and super fucked, and i only found that out after i bought it, and i tried to get the game working on my dumb mac and failed miserably so now im in a bad mood again fuck

and this is why you don't trust people named Tom!
but seriously, fuck everything

apparently the HD collection is unplayable and super fucked, and i only found that out after i bought it, and i tried to get the game working on my dumb mac and failed miserably so now im in a bad mood again fuck

Don't you still have my PS2? Just buy it on amazon used for 10 bucks like I did.

ultimax

Don't you still have my PS2? Just buy it on amazon used for 10 bucks like I did.

I do, but that means i have to go downstairs to the living room to play it, and thats gonna be a pain in the ass, especially when the semester starts again. I'd probably wait till summer to play it.

Top Bottom