• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

It even kinda sounds like the later X games with what I can make out of the soundtrack. That said I'm still not a fan of the 2.5D art, and while I don't wanna judge till I'm hands on, it doesn't look terribly satisfying to shoot things or platform. Hope I'm wrong.

You know how pat talked about that one kickstarter that was mad hyped and that's gonna crash and burn super hard? It's gonna be mighty number 9

Squishy3

First episode of DRRR!x2 was great as i expected. Then i realized i barely remember anything about what went down at the end of Season 1
It's better that way.

6c5b4014.jpg

You know how pat talked about that one kickstarter that was mad hyped and that's gonna crash and burn super hard? It's gonna be mighty number 9
I agree wholeheartedly and I dumped $60 into it. Fuck Keiji Inafune.

Peoples reluctance to restart their PCs when shit suddenly isn't running ideally is mind boggling.

Half of the time it's like

"X isn't running well"
*Fiddles with Settings for 45 minutes*
"Fuck! Still!"
*Fiddle for another 10 minutes*
"Goddammit"
*reluctantly decide to restart*
*30 seconds later*

"Everything's fine now! Who'd have thought!"
I normally restart my pc when something goes wrong. It's speeding up now, still I don't know what caused that to happen. It's never done that to me before.

*psst*
dubious programs that aren't PSX/PSP or weaker are absolute PC stressing garbage without ridiculously good specs, it's almost like their outrageous requirements are bad for most regular PCs.

*leans in and listens attentively*
My PC has never had an issue before today, but I suppose I'll take this as a sign to stop until I get a beast of a PC. This little ol' laptop's heart can't take it any longer.

Xiraiya

I did, that's what fixed it but it's still running abnormally slow.
Booted up my PS2 to play P4 and my screen resolution just went all wonky and shit for no reason. Rebooted, it didn't even wanna restart and now it's slow as fuck.
P4 broke my PC. Fucking Yosuke.
*psst*
dubious programs that aren't PSX/PSP or weaker are absolute PC stressing garbage without ridiculously good specs, it's almost like their outrageous requirements are bad for most regular PCs.

Hosting matches and my Frame delay has been better, but fuck its laggy.

And then I realized my brother is watching Netflix on his apple TV and my mom is watching Hulu Plus on her laptop. Well fuck. I need to move out.

Everyone voting for COMP or the best tagline are da bess.
Peoples reluctance to restart their PCs when shit suddenly isn't running ideally is mind boggling.
That IT crowd joke is hilarious primarily because that is actually what people have to ask in IT. I think people get so caught up in software they don't realize the hardware is the issue, or could fix the problem.

sjack

Banned
First episode of DRRR!x2 was great as i expected. Then i realized i barely remember anything about what went down at the end of Season 1

Izaya trolls
Kida a shit
Error in communication
Gang fight
Simon punches Izaya

I remember how fucking angry I was at the ending. I went on the internet furiously trying to look up whether there'll be a season 2. Instead ended up reading up on a lot of stuff in the wiki on all the LN content that hasn't been adapted yet and yelling to myself "Why the fuck haven't they started making a season 2 yet?!"

Seeing this happen has basically been 2 year-long dream. I fucking got shit grades for my exam because I was busy watching DRRR!! instead of studying.

What an exemplary life I've led.

The best part is 99% of cable box problems are solved by force rebooting it.

Exactly. It's either fixed by resetting it or it's just a problem with the service provider. I've only had to change the box once and that's because it was going bad after like having it for 3-4 years.

Oberon

Banned
I think I'll give up on real women.

I'll play katawa shoujo for the first time guys!
I am expecting a lot of reading and a lot of feels.

Xiraiya

Oh man, hearing Giant Bomb go on about racing games still, Gran Turismo confirmed for having too high an entry level for any of them.

They're like what? Mid 30's now? They would have been at least Late Teens when GT1 and 2 came out.

The first time I ever touched a Playstation was like 98 I believe, the games immediately available to me were Crash Bandicoot, Dino Crisis, RE2, Metal Gear Solid, and Gran Turismo.

I was about 9 or 10 at the time, I finished Crash without too much trouble, eventually got stuck in Dino Crisis because my child brain was misunderstanding how the door key codes worked even though I figured it out earlier in the game, RE2 was fine, fun and goddamn intense, I immediately noticed how Identical to Resident Evil Dino Crisis was and ended up not finishing RE2 because Dino Crisis was more intriguing, Metal Gear was great, I had no idea what that game even was before I popped in the disc, boy was I in for a surprise.

Anyway for awhile the game I played the most was Gran Turismo, I recognized it was going for some realism and it was a hard game, but I managed to get through all but the A International license which I only got through part of and never quite got there, it was frustrating but fun, I think I gave up on AI and just focused on racing and playing through the game and winning money, fixing up cars etc, I won most of the races.

I was just a nine year old damn kid, I just do not understand why these guys just can't fucking deal with games.

Every Podcast I listen to I realize more and more how these guys just can't play games.

Oberon

Banned
Oh hey you're back.

Have fun since the girls in KS are 95% more likable then most real girls. Except for Shizune, fuck Shizune.

Back? What do you mean by that?
When you get to Act 2, let us know what route (girl) you get.

I can tell you'll chose right now
the best girl, whoever that is

YOU! I FINALLY CAUGHT YOU. I got to the Sphinx riddle btw

Ohhh, the most famous part of Prison school

Play Phoenix Drive

I regret nothing.
*Huff-n-puff-n*
Hanako is best girl, Rin is painful, Emi is arduous, Lucy is pretty good, and Shizune sucks ass.

I don't know who any of those girls are, but you're probably wrong

sjack

Banned
Oh man, hearing Giant Bomb go on about racing games still, Gran Turismo confirmed for having too high an entry level for any of them.

They're like what? Mid 30's now? They would have been at least Late Teens when GT1 and 2 came out.

The first time I ever touched a Playstation was like 98 I believe, the games immediately available to me were Crash Bandicoot, Dino Crisis, RE2, Metal Gear Solid, and Gran Turismo.

I was about 9 or 10 at the time, I finished Crash without too much trouble, eventually got stuck in Dino Crisis because my child brain was misunderstanding how the door key codes worked even though I figured it out earlier in the game, RE2 was fine, fun and goddamn intense, I immediately noticed how Identical to Resident Evil Dino Crisis was and ended up not finishing RE2 because Dino Crisis was more intriguing, Metal Gear was great, I had no idea what that game even was before I popped in the disc, boy was I in for a surprise.

Anyway for awhile the game I played the most was Gran Turismo, I recognized it was going for some realism and it was a hard game, but I managed to get through all but the A International license which I only got through part of and never quite got there, it was frustrating but fun, I think I gave up on AI and just focused on racing and playing through the game and winning money, fixing up cars etc.

I was just a nine year old damn kid, I just do not understand why these guys just can't fucking deal with games.

Every Podcast I listen to I realize more and more how these guys just can't play games.

My impression with GT is not the incredibly high entry level but how insufferably dull they are. Forza fills that realistic racing game quota for me and is still much more fun to play than GT.

Anyway for awhile the game I played the most was Gran Turismo, I recognized it was going for some realism and it was a hard game, but I managed to get through all but the A International license which I only got through part of and never quite got there, it was frustrating but fun, I think I gave up on AI and just focused on racing and playing through the game and winning money, fixing up cars etc, I won most of the races.

I remember beating GT2 when I was 7..it's not that hard and it's still a pretty good game. I could never play RE when I was super little, I was a little pussy and the music scared the shit out of me.

Back? What do you mean by that?
I can tell you'll chose right now
the best girl, whoever that is

*Huff-n-puff-n*

I don't know who any of those girls are, but you're probably wrong
You were gone most of the day yesterday. I thought the Huntsman Spiders got to you.

Xiraiya

My impression with GT is not the incredibly high entry level but how insufferably dull they are. Forza fills that realistic racing game quota for me and is still much more fun to play than GT.

I don't know, I thought GT was fun as shit compared to every other racer I played on PSX, the first game had great music, winning was pretty hype and the cars looked fantastic, I played Ridge Racer at some point and I don't know, I just didn't care about it, it was fine but it just wasn't nearly as exciting, and Need For Speed was pretty fun at times but usually got boring real fast.

GT1's opening was hype

I'm actually a bit further than that. I was rinsing out my mouth after brushing my teeth last night when I was thinking "I wonder when I'm going to get to the bottle pa-OHHHHHHH I GOTTA TALK TO OBERON NOW" and almost spat out at the realization.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Congladurations to AaronLagann for winning the SBFGAF writing contest!

I don't remember what the prizes were, but I do remember that I was going to dramatically read the winning story. So that'll happen.

Xiraiya

I don't remember what the prizes were, but I do remember that I was going to dramatically read the winning story. So that'll happen.
Are you going to post the winning story or what?

Oberon

Banned
You were gone most of the day yesterday. I thought the Huntsman Spiders got to you.

I was trapped in an emotional cage, while trying to convince myself to not got to a volleyball game, played by girls wearing kneesocks.

I'm actually a bit further than that. I was rinsing out my mouth after brushing my teeth last night when I was thinking "I wonder when I'm going to get to the bottle pa-OHHHHHHH I GOTTA TALK TO OBERON NOW" and almost spat out at the realization.

Do you see now? Who could have possible predicted that would happen.
be warry of her meduse

I think you said it was a steam game (reasonable price) of the winner's choice IIRC

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Are you going to post the winning story or what?

Calm yourself, I was getting to that.

Story by: Aaron-Lagann

My every moment is suffering. Trapped in this immobile body. I can’t even breathe on my own, I can only breathe when this button on my back is pressed. I’ve been suffocating slowly, unable to die for what feels like an eternity. Why was I given to that man. That man… The Pat… I was meant to be taken care of. Cared for. Nurtured. But life in the home of The Pat has been nothing but endless misery.

The Pat, is a beastly man. Huddled in a corner, sitting inches from the box he calls “The Wire.” Hours and hours pass as he sits, completely entranced by the rectangular light contraption. Every now and then I’ll hear him snort, bark and chuckle the words “Oh, McNolty, you sly bastard” to himself.
When The Pat isn’t sitting at this box, he’s rummaging through his belongings, muttering “Fucking Centipedes” as he frantically looks around his apartment with a feral gaze.
When it’s time for The Pat to sleep, he goes through an ungodly ritual involving his mouth and some kind of brush, then he spends a couple hours struggling to climb onto this small collection of cloth and springs called a “Bed” a foreign concept to me, as I am a doll and dolls have no need for sleep. After The Pat manages to scale the useless springy wretch, he huffs and pants while rolling around in a collection of rags until eventually he stops moving. Mere moments later he springs out of this coma and runs to his kitchen, my vision of what happens here is obstructed, but I hear “Pirate cookies are my lifeblood!” What these “Pirate Cookies” are is unknown to me, but I assume they’re some form of small child, since the… others often to refer to The Pat’s preference for the unripe.

Then… There are the others. These others refer to The Pat’s compatriot’s. Three men who occasionally show up and further add to the endless hell that is my life, or, lack thereof.

The first is the leader of the bunch “Mattrick.” A deranged man, or, is he a man? He seems to have the thought processes of a child, but has the physical attributes of an adult man. Truly mysterious. The only interactions I’ve had with this Mattrick were when he used my body to show off how useful some maneuver called a “Rising Tackle” is when fighting your way out of a dark alley filled with demon babies.

The second of these others is my sole ray of hope, Mr. “Shitlocks.” He is apparently the Grandmother of these men, not fully sure how that works out, but his warm, moist embrace is my single escape from this hell. Everyday I wish that I had been given to this Shitlocks instead of The Pat.
Shitlocks seems to have troubles comprehending the words of The Pat and apparently has a bad memory, causing The Pat to become enraged with him very easily. Though, The Pat becomes angry over almost everything, not my dear Shitlocks, though. Shitlocks is a nice man.

The last of these three friends of The Pat is known only as “Senpai.” I know very little of Senpai, but what I do know is that he is evil incarnate. He has a cheery, charismatic air about him, fooling people on the surface level, but if you look into his eyes, you’ll see nothing. Nothing but endless hate and death. His one weakness appears to be some form of weapon from Brazil, but unfortunately I am unable to speak and cannot warn the others of his evil or give them the secret to how to defeat him.
I’ve heard Senpai speaking under his breath every time The Pat leaves the room, about his plots to remove “that booty” from the picture. My theory is that The Pat is the only one in this group with access to his weakness, and Senpai cannot have that. I’m unsure of which side I should take, for my hatred of The Pat is only rivaled by my fear and hatred of Senpai.

These worries are completely irrelevant, though, as I have no means of communication. No way to warn The Pat that Senpai is in his apartment right now. While The Pat is sleeping, Senpai is standing over him.
“Oh, Patto-kun, you were foolish to come between me and my ambitions. With this, there will be nothing standing in my way. I’ll be able to control the Zaibatsu from the shadows-desu!” Senpai whispered as he pulled out a bottle and slowly pulled the cork from the top, placing it on the ground, then stepping away into the darkness. What is in the bottle? I can’t see, it’s too dark. No… Something’s working its way into the bed, The Pat is in danger! But wait, why do I care? There’s no reason for the death of The Pat should concern me, yet, for some reason, my chest is racing and I can’t seem to think straight. Could it be… No. I can’t care for The Pat! He’s my torturer, my captor! It was at this moment that Baby Ashley looked over at the wall, seeing a framed piece of paper hanging neatly. It was her birth certificate. “Ashley Boivin.” The Pat wasn’t her captor… He was her father and he was in trouble.
Suddenly Baby Ashley saw something on The Pat’s face, it was his eyeball, it was moving, no, it was popping out! “Father!” Baby Ashley thought to herself frantically as a giant black centipede came crawling out of The Pat’s eye socket. It was too late, The Pat was dead. Senpai had won… Baby Ashley lost consciousness.
Three weeks later...
“It’s time, Woolie. We need to clean this place out.” Said Mattrick.
“I know, man… I know… It’s just so hard to believe he’s really gone.” Shitlocks solemnly replied.
“I’ll miss him too… We all will.” Mattrick wiped his tears away.
“I’ll miss him most of all.” Senpai said, emerging from nowhere. “But we have a job to do, and we must do it.
“You’re right, Liam, we have to get this place cleaned out.” Woolie agreed, pulling himself together.

After hours of cleaning the filth, Woolie found himself face to face with Baby Ashley. “Hey there, girl….” Woolie smiled, putting Baby Ashley into his bag.
Baby Ashley suddenly woke up, surrounded by darkness. She was breathing. Her suffering had temporarily ended, though she still had no knowledge of where she was, all she could tell was that she was moving. Hours passed, but eventually Ashley could see light, and emerging from that light was Shitlocks. The Hero. Baby Ashley was filled with joy as his wet grasp pulled her from the bag and placed her next to the Captain on a shelf. Her breathing button was held down by the position she was placed, Baby Ashley could breathe freely.

Shitlocks looked at Baby Ashley, smiled and whispered “This is my swamp.”

Top Bottom