• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I'm glad that they're finally LPing a game I've actually played. Haven't been able to watch a Pat and/or Liam LP for a while because of all the new stuff they were doing. And I would have been worried if it was just SH2 and GoT since I haven't played/finish either of them.

I do, but that means i have to go downstairs to the living room to play it, and thats gonna be a pain in the ass, especially when the semester starts again. I'd probably wait till summer to play it.

I'd probably make the same excuse so I won't even blame you for it lol.

croten

I didn't mind Chrono Trigger.
I guess I don't really see what's so amazing about it, but it was still solid, so there is that.

Dual Techs
Fights are balanced perfectly
Really interesting take on Time travel
Lack of Grinding (seriously you never once need to grind in the entire game)
Great story
Lavos
Being able to finish the game whenever you want to
Amazing visuals
Amazing music
Robo
Interesting locations
Did I mention robo?

I love Chrono Trigger a whole lot.

I payed $15+ shipping for a sticker and I'm super mad they were less clear about what the different styles were. Now I have to waste more money and wait even longer for an actual case.
o3ndmt2.jpg

I payed $15+ shipping for a sticker and I'm super mad they were less clear about what the different styles were. Now I have to waste more money and wait even longer for an actual case.

You won the writing contest! Congradulationz, you get a reasonably priced Steam game from Mathaou. Also your story was hilarious.

You won the writing contest! Congradulationz, you get a reasonably priced Steam game from Mathaou. Also your story was hilarious.

Wait... I actually won? Seriously? Wow, I'm legit surprised, I threw that together in literally an hour with no editing and formatting thrown completely off by forcing it into 4 pages.

Where can I read the others?

Also, what's reasonably priced? Like, $10?

ultimax

I'd probably make the same excuse so I won't even blame you for it lol.
Imagine playing SH2 while your family just sits there and watches. No thanks lol

AH SHIT, i bought the same style! this is horse shit!

Thats still a bomb ass sticker tho

Xiraiya

You guys are really just missing out for no good reason by never watching something you've never played, if it's something you're about to play where the story is all important to you, then fair enough.

But if it's a "I might play it someday maybe" Then stop being ridiculous and just enjoy the damn LP, if anything it should just get you more hyped to play whatever.

You guys are really just missing out for no good reason by never watching something you've never played, if it's something you're about to play where the story is all important to you, then fair enough.

But if it's a "I might play it someday maybe" Then stop being ridiculous and just enjoy the damn LP, if anything it should just get you more hyped to play whatever.

What I did with The Evil Within LP was play concurrently with Matt and Pat.

Made my trek the first time markedly easier and I didn't have to crouch walk all the damn time.

But fuck akumu mode. One hit everything isn't fun.

If anyone wants to play and watch, that's a really great way to experience the game and limit spoilers.

If anyone wants to play and watch, that's a really great way to experience the game and limit spoilers.
I did that with Mo More Heroes 2 and it really helped make it enjoyable. Seeing how bad the LP was in etrospect, it was really fun. I guess I'll do it with SMRPG.

Silent Hill 2 is a weird case where not knowing what's around the corner adds a lot to it, imo.
They would ruin everything!

hmm.... now i have to think of something creative to do with the sticker while i buy an actual case
Teach them all about Triangle Girl. Also just keep the sticker and put it on back of the case you get? Maybe.

Silent hill 2 is a horror game. Knowing what would happen next would ruin it

I'm watching it, I'm just giving reasons why someone might not want to read SMRPG spoilers. I haven't gone back to it in forever and it'll be just easier to watch rather than play

I'm sad that samurai Flamenco will probably never get a US Release. Its easily in my top 10 animes.

I've still got a few episodes left, I watched it as it aired then shit happened and I never got around to finishing it. I gotta go back before the end of the month for Anime of the Year consideration. Also need to marathon Barakamon.

Silent hill 2 is a horror game. Knowing what would happen next would ruin it

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the case, but I think people should watch the first 1-2 episodes maybe, you'd kill the early atmosphere, but it might convince people that it's something you need ASAP.

In your case, you're just trying to get the game, so yeah, good luck.

Nevermind, I changed my mind, the intro is too good to let it be spoiled. Everyone go play it smh

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the case, but I think people should watch the first 1-2 episodes maybe, you'd kill the early atmosphere, but it might convince people that it's something you need ASAP.

Nevermind, I changed my mind, the intro is too good to let it be spoiled. Everyone go play it smh

But I'm scurd

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

To be fair, with Silent Hill 2, watching the first episode or two is probably not that substantively different from playing it. Not a ton actually happens where you have a great deal of control.

It would be the talking that could potentially ruin it.

I watched the pc version and I see the player character walk down a foggy path and I knew I had to play it.

2 or 3 years ago when amnesia dropped I got super into horror games and realized I had to play all the essentials and never did.

But I'm scurd
Play it until it's 2spooby, then give up and watch the LP.
To be fair, with Silent Hill 2, watching the first episode or two is probably not that substantively different from playing it. Not a ton actually happens where you have a great deal of control.
I'm just thinking about the intro with the
bathroom and walking out to see the area and going through the forest that goes on forever with super creepy ambient noises. That is really the coolest thing ever to me, and having played SH2 for the first time like 2 something years ago, it really really hooked me. I dunno if the LP would hurt that.

edit: Yeah, basically. Even if they're just praising the game.

image.php

I have faith in you, gurl.

SH2 broke me. One of the few horror games that got to me.

SH 1 actually broke me.

As in, I'm physically unable to play it for over 20 or 30 minutes. I start having anxiety attacks. Like, life threatening, heart is about to kick it bad.

I don't even find it scary.

I even like most of the other games.Including Downpour.

Xiraiya

My enjoyment of a game simply does not hinge on how much I know about it before hand. I'm going to enjoy a game the same amount regardless of if I've seen it played right through before I get to play it or not, that's just how it is.

It'll either be something I like or it won't be, if I know a plot detail or twist or something, I'm not going to be phased because I'm enjoying and appreciating the ride and the experience up to that point, if all of my enjoyment of a thing hinges on this one moment, and knowing what's about to happen, if being spoiled on that one moment removes all of my care for playing the game, then I definitely did not really care about the game to begin with and I don't have a right to be pissy.

I tried playing 1 a few years ago and I had to use a guide and have a friend screen view in MSN. I'm bad at horror games with good ambiance and boy do the SH games gave that
You could basically rename the series Atmosphere: The Game.
My enjoyment of a game simply does not hinge on how much I know about it before hand. I'm going to enjoy a game the same amount regardless of if I've seen it played right through before I get to play it or not, that's just how it is.
It's mainly about preserving the feelings of discovery and anxiety and being lost in the game. It still induces panic and tension through a myriad of other ways, but playing it yourself and not knowing what the fuck is going to happen next is absolutely terrifying, in the best way possible.

Every moment is heart pounding.

Edt: Oh, are we talking about story spoilers? Spoilers for SH2's plot don't matter anymore than any other game.

It'll either be something I like or it won't be, if I know a plot detail or twist or something, I'm not going to be phased because I'm enjoying and appreciating the ride and the experience up to that point, if all of my enjoyment of a thing hinges on this one moment, and knowing what's about to happen, if being spoiled on that one moment removes all of my care for playing the game, then I definitely did not really care about the game to begin with and I don't have a right to be pissy.
I can never really get pissy at spoilers, because knowing about something ahead of when it happens doesn't bother me. I understand other's concerns, which is why I'm spoiler conscious, but I don't care if I'm spoilered. I'm going to enjoy it the same, no matter what.

Even if the media is based around that one twist. I'm also pretty decent at sniffing out twists.

I sort of do the same thing. If they choose to LP a game that I'm interested in but not ready to commit to buying it then I'll use the LP as a preview to see if I would like it or not. Learning a spoiler or two about the story is a non issue.

I sort of do the same thing. If they choose to LP a game that I'm interested in but not ready to commit to buying it then I'll use the LP as a preview to see if I would like it or not. Learning a spoiler or two about the story is a non issue.
If you weren't planning to ever play it until you watch something on it, you weren't gonna play it on your own. The first 2-3 episodes of MGR had me buy it immediately and continue watching as it shipped. Then I beat it in a sitting. Then I went on a Platinum/DMC spree. It was awesome to say the least.

I thought No More Heroes was dumb bullshit till I watched that LP.

sjay1994

Toads are Smurfs......................

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I just saw it.

Oberon

Banned
And.... I caught a cold.... fantastic.

Also, Super Mario RPG..... didn't see a LP of that coming.

Get well soon.

I have never thought that I would lean a new word while playing Katawa shoujo.
Apparently, magnanime is word that existes.
edit: I am playing the game in french btw

If you weren't planning to ever play it until you watch something on it, you weren't gonna play it on your own. The first 2-3 episodes of MGR had me buy it immediately and continue watching as it shipped. Then I beat it in a sitting. Then I went on a Platinum/DMC spree. It was awesome to say the least.

I thought No More Heroes was dumb bullshit till I watched that LP.

Not so much that, if I were to catch it on sale or something via Steam I would pick it up, but if it's $60 and I'm not in full hype mode for it, I won't pick it up until I know I'm gonna enjoy it and it's worth my money. I can be a little more liberal now since I have some kind of income, but before I had to pinch every penny and not waste what money I did have.

Top Bottom