• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Get good internet

4022886830.png

#rekt

Squishy3

Naruto is everything that is wrong with anime.

-Bad main characters with dumb motivations
-Awful pacing
-Filler is fucking everywhere
-Bunch of characters are introduced and the don't do shit
-Embraces the worst cliches of shonen
-Way too many fucking flashbacks
-The writers clearly did not have a plan and for the story

One Piece shares a lot of the same problems with its narrative and pacing
The people who make the anime are only responsible for the direction and pacing of the show itself as well as any filler episodes and not any of the writing, though. That's all on the manga authors, and Kishimoto has flashes of goodness in Naruto but it's extremely few and far between, compared to say, Oda, who is pretty consistent except for Fishman Island.

One Piece's pacing is also like that in the manga though, and the anime is a panel to panel recreation of it, aside from the filler. Dressrosa is going to be the arc with the biggest payoff since Enies Lobby, with how things are going. I can't fucking wait to see some of the stuff that's already happened in the manga to happen in the anime.

One Piece's pacing is also like that in the manga though, and the anime is a panel to panel recreation of it, aside from the filler. Dressrosa is going to be the arc with the biggest payoff since Enies Lobby, with how things are going. I can't fucking wait to see some of the stuff that's already happened in the manga to happen in the anime.

Dressrosa's amazing and I really wish I could get Xiraiya and Beloved caught up to see it. However, I do have to say that One Piece is best watched in arcs. Going in weekly can be extremely rough sometimes.

Squishy3

One last thing and then I will shut up about Kill La Kill

Ryuko X Mako OTP

Get a better Wii U idk
Smash on Wii U is fucking weird, man. When I got a lag free match on the 3DS, which is only wireless, it would stay lag free while on Wii U it would always eventually deteriorate to an unplayable state. I don't have a LAN adapter for my Wii U, but there's absolutely no reason why the 3DS should stay lag free but the Wii U shouldn't despite having a better wireless networking card.

Path of the Warrior in Sigma 2 is all done.

Stuff I still didn't like about the game up to the end include:
- Lack of gore
- Long load times for everything
- Reduced enemy count with increased resilience
- Only being able to upgrade one weapon once per chapter
- Removal of the windmill shuriken and other projectile weapons
- No Tests of Valor

However, stuff I didn't mind and appreciated were
- Addition of Enma's Fang, being a faster, better Dabilahro.
- Removal of exploding jellyfish, tunnel worm, and most of the other unfun bullshit from vanilla (Heart of Darkness was much less terrible now)
- Additional bosses, even if some of them were ones from NG1. Those tengu were cool though
- Unlimited projectiles and being able to use the bow and shuriken simultaneously
- Rachel actually being a fun character to play this time.

The rest of the changes are on par with Sigma 1's changes where they're for the most part in consequential and I can take it or leave it. I still had my fun with it, and I appreciated the additional content with characters and bosses compared to Sigma 1, as Black was already a perfect game and vanilla NGII still had it's own share of problems. But fuck do the core aspects still feel gimped. Fun, but still missing important parts.

Sooner or later I'll get a 360 for myself so I can play the original instead of wishing I could.

Know what, I'm going to make it a mission to watch Kill la Kill some time this week.

I'll either return with a "Man, you guys were right" or new found knowledge that a lot of you have pretty bad taste in anime.

Living in Australia I have no idea what you guys are talking about half the time. Toonami? What is this?

Only the hypest god damn thing to ever exist on television. They knew how to get you hype.

Toonami Intros and Promos

Zenfalcia

Morning frienders. Anything interesting happen?

We talked about weeb stuff like wall paper and such, we talked about embarrassing stories and love lives, some video game talk, talk about computer applications, anime prices, and more that i'm sure that i've missed.

Top Bottom