• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I went through a phase when I thought Naruto was good :(

I was 14 with minimal experience in anime

We've all gone through that phase.

tumblr_n3ot9fZovh1txa62uo1_500.gif

mike0dude

My friend had all them naruto episodes on VHS... they were like some dude who downloaded all the episodes (some of wich had spanish subs.) and transfered them to VHS that me and my friend marathoned ... I got to the guy with the lightning umbrellas and tapped out for good.

I will probably not watch DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho ever again since they probably do not hold up to my nostalgia.

I still find it funny that the Tenchi Muyo series was on Toonami. It was borderline a harem anime

Squishy3

We've all been there. I watched Bleach up until
his mom was a Quincy.
I'm up to date on Bleach, although I stopped watching and started reading the manga like right as the Arrancar arc started, so I've been up to date for years, so at most it's like 2 or 3 minutes out of my day to read chapters as they come out. :p

I like how Kubo said Grimmjow is alive and then seemingly completely forgot that he confirmed that. Also 100% convinced this series will end without Urahara ever using his Bankai and that shit was teased like 5 years ago.

I dunno. I never got there. It stopped being good to me because they kept on adding new characters without really fleshing out the old ones that they had. For example Ten ten... She's just kinda there.

While not involving Tenten, one of the best arcs of the second part is probably the Hidan and Kakuzu arc because it heavily focuses on Asuma and Shikamaru. Series may as well have been called Shikamaru for a while there.

Even had a pretty good opening.

Squishy3

I dunno. I never got there. It stopped being good to me because they kept on adding new characters without really fleshing out the old ones that they had. For example Ten ten... She's just kinda there.
The retrieval arc is like the last objectively good part of Naruto. Everything from then on is hit or miss.

Naruto is everything that is wrong with anime.

-Bad main characters with dumb motivations
-Awful pacing
-Filler is fucking everywhere
-Bunch of characters are introduced and the don't do shit
-Embraces the worst cliches of shonen
-Way too many fucking flashbacks
-The writers clearly did not have a plan and for the story

One Piece shares a lot of the same problems with its narrative and pacing

Okingjrr

It still bums me out that Korra is finished.
I was enjoying that.
I just got S4 from my local american series store, getting prepared for feels.
I really hate when things end, even if they were shit. If you've invested a large amount of time in them, you feel so empty when it's all over.

Alright I got a nintendo ID add me you fuckers

techiesbesthero
Wiil do.

I also have to redeem my Deluxe Nintendo Network Premium thingy codes.

I went through a phase when I thought Naruto was good :(

I was 14 with minimal experience in anime
I was able to dodge everything in that stage of broadcasted anime. I grew up watching DBZ and late night/early morning showings of Inyuasha on YTV. Yugioh was were I drew the line as a kid. I remember seeing a couple episodes of One Piece and thought Zoro was cool but the episodes aired all out of synch and I gave up on it.

I was able to dodge everything in that stage of broadcasted anime. I grew up watching DBZ and late night/early morning showings of Inyuasha on YTV. Yugioh was were I drew the line as a kid. I remember seeing a couple episodes of One Pie e and though Zoro was cool but the episodes aired all out of synch and I gave up on it.

Looking back...Toonami was not all that great

Rizzi

I just got S4 from my local american series store, getting prepared for feels.
I really hate when things end, even if they were shit. If you've invested a large amount of time in them, you feel so empty when it's all over.

Wiil do.

I also have to redeem my Deluxe Nintendo Network Premium thingy codes.
It's the same feeling I got when I finished Persona 4 the first time. :(

One of my favorite Naruto Openings definitely.

I also liked this one from Part 1 a lot
Despite the canon plot being finished by the time it was used

Needed more Taijutsu battles over powerlevel fights.

-Awful pacing

While you're right about some of this stuff, there's some ignorance in some of it as well. Sadly I don't really care to get into it tonight.

-Awful pacing

One Piece shares a lot of the same problems with its narrative and pacing

I actually just rewatched the first bit of Naruto through the end of the Zabuza arc..that shit was pretty good I don't know what happened.

Apart from DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, it wasn't great.

Remember Hamtaro. They had fucking Hamtaro on Toonami.

Yo don't you be talkin shit about Hamtaro..that shit is moe.

ultimax

I did find anime girl versions of some phones for anyone who cares.

Except apple is a guy called apple-kun.. so there's that i suppose..
Apple-KUN? fuuuuuuck that. Good thing my next phone isn't going to be an apple one.
disclaimer: that isn't the reason why I'm switching phones

Top Bottom