• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

No I mean a power rangers game made by Platinum

Honestly, I'm still not understanding what you're talking about. You mean individually play as each Wonder character? That'd be boring as hell. One guy can punch. That's all he can do. One guy used a sword, that's all he can do, etc. If Bayonetta and Dante weren't as flexible as they are with their library of weapons, they'd be very mediocre games.

How bad would those games be if you can only use a single weapon in a combo and would have to switch the characters to do another combo? That's sounding like your idea of W101 and it would be the worst game.

Just imagining DMC3 where you can only use Beowulf, then having to stop the game and switch to a different character after the combo to use a gun makes me physically sick. That's like being able to pause Dark Souls to switch weapons and heal.

Zenfalcia

Can I slap whoever taught you that? Try holding your pen like you would the top chopstick when you're using them to eat. Much more comfortable.

Oh geez man. When I upgrade and get my desktop I'll probably pick up an external hard drive for anime, pictures etc. I'm too OCD about my computer to fill it up.

It's fine! Everyone doesn't have to hold it the same way.

I have a desktop which i'm trying to keep clean of anime and keep it exclusively for gaming, since it's has some nice specs which would be wasted on anime.

mike0dude

I have a desktop which i'm trying to keep clean of anime and keep it exclusively for gaming, since it's has some nice specs which would be wasted on anime.

you know what your desktop needs?
ChobitsDesktopBuddy.jpg
desktop buddies

I gotta clean up my laptop. Its almost full.

I'll get to it some day.
Get on that shit man. You're pc will run wayyyyy better. It's a lot like rolling in Dark Souls.

Pretty much this, if you know how to use chopsticks, try holding it like that

We don't have to all hold it the same way but the way he is now looks painful as fucking shit especially if he's writing for an extended period.

Zenfalcia

you know what your desktop needs?

I've been tempted to fully weeb out and make my laptop filled with anime junk such as anime desktop "helpers". I did switch out the log on screen to the japanese windows 7 girl. Win-chan i beleive her name was.. i changed it to psycho-pass since it was too weeb. i could change the notification sounds to anime.. i know some friends who did that. I can't remember what anime voices they got. I think it was Rewrite?

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I gotta 1TB external hard drive that I just put all my anime on. Around 250GB currently.

croten

Honestly, I'm still not understanding what you're talking about. You mean individually play as each Wonder character? That'd be boring as hell. One guy can punch. That's all he can do. One guy used a sword, that's all he can do, etc. If Bayonetta and Dante weren't as flexible as they are with their library of weapons, they'd be very mediocre games.

How bad would those games be if you can only use a single weapon in a combo and would have to switch the characters to do another combo? That's sounding like your idea of W101 and it would be the worst game.

Just imagining DMC3 where you can only use Beowulf, then having to stop the game and switch to a different character after the combo to use a gun makes me physically sick. That's like being able to pause Dark Souls to switch weapons and heal.

Different fighting styles similar to Korra's bending. And in that video you saw the guy use different weapons seamlessly. It already looked like a character action game. Just do that

I've been tempted to fully weeb out and make my laptop filled with anime junk such as anime desktop "helpers". I did switch out the log on screen to the japanese windows 7 girl. Win-chan i beleive her name was.. i changed it to psycho-pass since it was too weeb. i could change the notification sounds to anime.. i know some friends who did that. I can't remember what anime voices they got. I think it was Rewrite?

That's too far, that's too much anime

Oberon

Banned
Did you learn that when you were young? There's nothing wrong with holding a pen a different way, have you tried loosening your grip?

Can I slap whoever taught you that? Try holding your pen like you would the top chopstick when you're using them to eat. Much more comfortable.

Since I am left handed, I think I learned to hold it like that so I don't blurr the ink the out.
I saw other left handen poeple have awkward hand positions, or even rotating the sheets of papers. It's the only way I can do things precicly and without hindress, but it's start hurting after a while.It got better since I got a callus on that spot like a guitariste

I hate Sword Art Online past the first Arc, but I seen something on the front page of the internet that is a theme for windows that looks like the UI in SAO.

Since I am left handed, I think I learned to hold it like that so I don't blurr the ink the out.
I saw other left handen poeple have awkward hand positions, or even rotating the sheets of papers. It's the only way I can do things precicly and without hindress, but it's start hurting after a while.It got better since I got a callus on that spot like a guitariste
I'm ambidextrous and can write with my left hand somewhat, but that just looks painful whatever works for you though <3

Zenfalcia

So, to be on topic. I was listening to last week's podcast and is it true that durante's dsx fix was taken down?

We don't have to all hold it the same way but the way he is now looks painful as fucking shit especially if he's writing for an extended period.

It's fine! As long as he doesn't do permanant damage to his hand, it'll be fine.
Except for animu games.

Well.. only ones that run terribly on my laptop, like valkyria chronicles.
I gotta 1TB external hard drive that I just put all my anime on. Around 250GB currently.

And what quality are they? 1080 or mostly 720?

Different fighting styles similar to Korra's bending. And in that video you saw the guy use different weapons seamlessly. It already looked like a character action game. Just do that

Wonderful 101 isn't seamless? Just rotate the right analog stick quickly to switch to a fist. Move it straight to change it to a sword. Then you can just buy the ability to hold the A button and use your battery power to make the weapon larger so you don't have to draw giant shapes.

Unless rotating an analog stick seems too complex compared to just pressing R1 and L1? Well, its pretty easy once you do it enough. Though here's some very helpful advice though if you can't do it seamlessly enough.

Zenfalcia

yeah.. i had a super weeb phase..

This is the picture in question if i remember correctly.

That's too far, that's too much anime

yeah... Yeah.... It is.
You didn't even try.

i didn't. I didn't want to go that deep since i know i would never get out.
I hate Sword Art Online past the first Arc, but I seen something on the front page of the internet that is a theme for windows that looks like the UI in SAO.

There's quite a few anime themes if you know where to look, not just SAO.

So, to be on topic. I was listening to last week's podcast and is it true that durante's dsx fix was taken down?
Yeah and for a brief time he got his tag changed to "For apparently fixing broken ass PC ports he is now considered a fugitive" or something like that.

Oh so its just a wallpaper?

ultimax

Wonderful 101 isn't seamless? Just rotate the right analog stick quickly to switch to a fist. Move it straight to change it to a sword. Then you can just buy the ability to hold the button and use your battery power to make the weapon larger so you don't have to draw giant shapes.

Unless rotating an analog stick seems too complex compared to just pressing R1 and L1? Well, its pretty easy once you do it enough. Though here's some very helpful advice though if you can't do it seamlessly enough.
He's basically saying the fact that you play as multiple characters at once is unappealing, seamless or not.

1 character > a mob of characters

At least that's what I think he's saying

croten

Wonderful 101 isn't seamless? Just rotate the right analog stick quickly to switch to a fist. Move it straight to change it to a sword. Then you can just buy the ability to hold the button and use your battery power to make the weapon larger so you don't have to draw giant shapes.

I haven't played it yet so I don't know how it plays really, but I just want to play Character action games as one guy.
He's basically saying the fact that you play as multiple characters at once is unappealing, seamless or not.

Yes

Zenfalcia

I had one too at one point. Was seriously considering buying figures at point. Glad I never went down that road. I just pay ridiculously expensive prices for Aniplex shows now :p

I havent gotten there yet. I have no anime merch anywhere in my room it's all digital. I'd be broke if i ever went down that road of figures and posters.
Yeah and for a brief time he got his tag changed to "For apparently fixing broken ass PC ports he is now considered a fugitive" or something like that.

Oh so its just a wallpaper?

That's pretty funny as a tag.

Yeah. I used a program to switch it to my log on screen.

Edit: welp, dp.

I haven't played it yet so I don't know how it plays really, but I just want to play Character action games as one guy.

I thought he was saying that Wonderful 101 would be better off as a one character action game, which I completely disagree with 1000%

If Croten just prefers wanting to play a single character action game and doesn't want to play W101 because you controller multiple characters (even though its really just 1 split into 7). Its his opinion. I'd also recommend Pikmin, they're similar to W101 in a few concepts so maybe it might turn you around to the idea of W101 if you can get a feel for that.

For stuff like Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica, 1080. Other stuff is mostly 720, and older shows are 480.

Every Shaft show should be seen in 1080p blu ray. Those lazy bastards are so bad with their TV size airing feeds in comparison with any other company.

It's fine! As long as he doesn't do permanant damage to his hand, it'll be fine.
Well.. only ones that run terribly on my laptop, like valkyria chronicles.
And what quality are they? 1080 or mostly 720?
It was going to be taken down then Bamco took back what they said and left it alone.

Yeah, my laptop is chugging like a mother. I got an external to do it, I've just been lazy.

yeah... Yeah.... It is.

i didn't. I didn't want to go that deep since i know i would never get out.

There's quite a few anime themes if you know where to look, not just SAO.

I'm browsing now, it's been awhile since I started up Rainmeter lol

Jman014

I had one too at one point. Was seriously considering buying figures at point. Glad I never went down that road. I just pay ridiculously expensive prices for Aniplex shows now :p

Speaking of animation, I hope Studio Mir animates future Avatar shows, if there will be any.

Also what is aniplex?

Speaking of animation, I hope Studio Mir animates future Avatar shows, if there will be any.

Also what is aniplex?

Aniplex USA is a licensing company in the US. Similar to Funimation.

I havent gotten there yet. I have no anime merch anywhere in my room it's all digital. I'd be broke if i ever went down that road of figures and posters.

Posters aren't that bad. I have 4 of them (two Gurren, one KLK and one F/Z) and the most expensive one was 30 bucks excluding the Yoko Gurren poster that came with the 150 dollar DVD boxset.

Top Bottom