• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Alfebit

Banned
Finished my RAGE X Zubaz X Nisemonogatari fan art.

Lemme tell you, I had way to much fun for something I did in an hour and a half.

2P0kjtF.jpg

Beautiful.

Crunchy Roll getting attacked has ruined my life. I'm just refreshing the page every ten minutes hoping to get back to my animes. I hate going to my local anime store!

Zenfalcia

I know I saw all of them. Not sure about how I feel about the elementary schooler ...

it's fine! Totally fine. You'll get the context if you watch it and it'll be fine!
Describe her to me in great detail so I can ascertain if I should watch this Chinese cartoon.

She's a shy girl who doesn't like to socialize with other people she doesn't know, except she has a soft spot for araragi-onii-chan, who is her childhood friend.
I'm okay with that

me too.

Did Bayo 2 just drop a Wonderful 101 reference? Oh god I'm cracking up right now when it should be a really hype moment. But I guess that's what all platinum games end up doing to me.

Nier got here, do I need to wait and play Drakengard 1 or should I just go for it? I couldn't get D1 working through completely legal means. Mostly due to laziness.

ultimax

Nier got here, do I need to wait and play Drakengard 1 or should I just go for it? I couldn't get D1 working through completely legal means.

oh god i want to say just play nier so bad, but you should really see what D1 is about

if you cant play it maybe watch parts of an LP?

Nier got here, do I need to wait and play Drakengard 1 or should I just go for it? I couldn't get D1 working through completely legal means.

Other than story reasons (Nier is a sequel to Drakengard 1's ending E), I usually recommend people to play Drakengard 1 first because it really brings you down to its level of exactly what you're getting into and gives you the proper expectations of the kind of gameplay/story you'll expect to see. I honestly can't recommend Nier being first because it will be immensely difficult to go back to Drakengard 1 (if you do ever get around to making it work) or even Drakengard 3 since that plays much more like a Drakengard game where Nier is a much different beast in its gameplay/narrative.

And the last thing I'd want you to do is to turn into one of those people who love Nier but dislike/don't care for Drakengard since that's kind of the majority of the lore, aka the reason why you should play these games and you'd also miss out on a lot of references and connections throughout the franchise.

TL;DR if you can't get it to run, watch an LP.

I found a few Drakengard 1 walkthrough things, gonna try and see which are popular.

It does suck that you couldn't get the game to run. There's one element that you won't get to suffer/experience through since you're directly not playing the game yourself. Well there's more than one, but I'll keep those secret.

Also, when you nerds to finish Drakengard 1, I highly recommend watching this video (which has major Drakengard 1 spoilers) which analyzes the events of Drakengard 1 and provides a possibiltiy of what actually did happen. This is a deconstruction of the RPG genre, so there are things that won't make sense. Plus Yoko Taro himself was quoted in saying that some elements of this game were inspired by Evangelion. Personally I think he does a better job with this series than Anno has done with EVA, but that's all subjective.

I found a few Drakengard 1 walkthrough things, gonna try and see which are popular.
I hate PS2 LEGAL MEANS so I didn't try very hard.
PlayStation systems are really finicky. Their settings are weird and ugly. At least GameCube systems have the decency to make their settings organized and clear, even if they also have problems sometimes

Also going to sleep. Later

It does suck that you couldn't get the game to run. There's one element that you won't get to suffer/experience through since you're directly not playing the game yourself. Well there's more than one, but I'll keep those secret.

Also, when you nerds to finish Drakengard 1, I highly recommend watching this video (which has major Drakengard 1 spoilers) which analyzes the events of Drakengard 1 and provides a possibiltiy of what actually did happen. This is a deconstruction of the RPG genre, so there are things that won't make sense. Plus Yoko Taro himself was quoted in saying that some elements of this game were inspired by Evangelion. Personally I think he does a better job with this series than Anno has done with EVA, but that's all subjective.
Alright alright I'm gonna give running the game another shot. I might as well do this right. I'll get back to you in 8 hours when the download is done =_=

Alright alright I'm gonna give running the game another shot. I might as well do this right. I'll get back to you in 8 hours when the download is done =_=

Trust me, its totally worth it. Its a very rough start, mostly because its just an off game from your standard JRPG (and the fact that the gameplay is a shitty dynasty warriors clone), but it'll all be worth it when you finally get all the endings! Even ask Abubeats, I forced him to play it too and he's Caim's #1 fan now!

Top Bottom